Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Is there anyone in this thread who actually likes Caroline?
I think she is cool. Of course she is a good business woman most of all and if someone want to put her on pedestal that is their problem....
No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's a cunt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Just skimmed through her body empties live. Why does she insist that body moisturising daily stops hair growth and that if some women weren't lazy(!) and moisturised like her (since she was a teen, apparently) then they wouldn't have any excess body hair? As someone who is both Middle Eastern and African (so, having to moisturise daily since childhood to avoid ashy skin and having a lot of thick dark body hair) she can fuck right off with that nonsense. It's just not true and calling women lazy for not moisturising to rid themselves of body hair (or for any other reason really) is yet more patriarchy-centred bullshit. She's telling on herself there too with the unintentional racism/xenophobia in that whole way of thinking, as most women with what could be termed "excess" body hair are not, let's say, Liverpool-born Anglo-Irish-American white ladies who can, allegedly, simply moisturise that pesky hair away.

Re: the child named after a cleanser- I'm certain for some CH Freaks, Oskia has become the new Saskia.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
One of my cousins is a big CH fan and introduced me to the whole Cult of Caroline concept and her related online channels, etc. She is also going through a very premature menopause (she's in her twenties). She had watched one of the lives this week and it upset her. So, I watched it yesterday to see what upset her so much: CH was talking (again and also in her usual very negative style) about being menopausal and how her ovaries have shrivelled to raisins, how she's now an old woman, how she's planning on getting all of the tweakments because her skin will go to shit because of the menopause and all her collagen fucking off, how everything is collapsing, how part of her has died and how no-more babies has made her sad, and my cousin was listening and became very upset. Her mum actually rang me to calm her down. For a woman who has the thinnest of thin skins (she literally shouted at someone on this live for saying she looked tired despite one of the first things she said when she started it being "I'm tired and can't be bothered"), CH really has no grace or tact in how she approaches sensitive matters that may be affecting other people's headspace, people who are vulnerable or in positions not as secure or gilded or fortunate as hers. I was so angry. I know my cousin could just stop watching/listening, but she's a fully paid up member of the CH flock and I just wish she wasn't, as the negativity of CH and her obnoxiousness is just no good for anyone especially people who are feeling low.

Also in more Not As Woke As You Think You Are, Caroline news: in this live CH just confirmed her soft bigotry by insisting that in a previous life she was a Jewish mother because she often makes chicken soup and how she would have been the best Jewish mother ever. Regardless of the offensiveness of appropriating the history of any other ethnic and religious group just because you feel like it, reducing Jewish women to chicken soup is not a good look and then making it some weird competition where she would win? Gross. And that's before you get to the sheer awfulness of talking about past lives and reincarnation and riding roughshod over very specific Jewish religious beliefs (and a very specific, persecuted history) in order to apply them to her very not-Jewish ideas and very un-persecuted not-Jewish self just because she makes chicken soup. With her weird habit of culture tourism I'm seriously just waiting for her to liveblog a DNA Ancestry test to see what other cultures and nationalities she can claim and add to her already extremely tenuously multi-hyphenated self.

Sorry for the novel length rant, but this whole thing with my cousin really upset me yesterday and I needed to get it off my chest. I'm going to insist that she stops watching/reading/engaging with CH. And I think I will too. Her destructiveness is honestly not even worth a hate-watch.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
That is hilarious. Others stick to one description, she's gone all out. I'm surprised she doesn't mention her American and Irish heritage, or being a mother.
And backing singer. That was forgotten too.
Caroline Hirons, Cherokee-Irish Liverpudlian American backing singer from Warrington, Central London, Skincare expert, mother of 4, including a lifestyle coach and a personal trainer fitness expert, bestselling author, TV presenter, SJW, Twitter personality, skincare activist, bully, famous personality, cult leader, brilliant saleswoman, from a beauty family, and bandwagon activist. Have I forgotten something?

• Haha
Reactions: 41

kittypaws

VIP Member
Oh my Lord a freak has actually made a video with unchained melody as the backing music where she films her picking her parcel up from outside, taking it into the kitchen and opening it then what I can only describe as sexually touching the kit bag 😳

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

SoRelatable

I don't care for the Sussexes, or the Royal Family in general, however it would be nice to see Buckingham Palace have the same energy towards Prince Andrew and investigate his conduct too.

Reactions: 34

PinkandTwinkly

Have you seen how vigorously she rubs her facial products in.... I'm assuming she's even worse on her body and the hair has just withered and died in submission

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
What happens to the tits? Do they fall off?
My mum's 70 and I'm pretty sure she still has them (haven't seen her since August though cause we stick to the rules).

• Haha

Libertine1975

VIP Member
I didn't watch it, but wrt William's affair and the Price Andrew stuff: it's not slander if it's true.
Firstly the law is clear that someone is innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not defending Prince Andrew here but my understanding is that the FBI want to speak to him as a witness not as a suspect. His lawyers are advised him not to travel to the US to speak to them (which I can understand) and he apparently hasn't been asked formally to speak with them. Playing devil's advocate - have the FBI also spoken with Epsteins other friends such as Oprah and Trump?

As Meghan said in her interview she didn't feel she was being protected because not every untrue article about her was rebutted by the Palace - the stories about William I don't recall being address by them either and I don't think there was any evidence to back up the claims. I thought it was poor form to Meghan to claim she was silenced due to protocols at the Palace and then critcise other members of the family who cannot l, because of the same protocol, defend themselves.

The whole Meghan and Harry v the Royal Family debate is toxic. In my opinion it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other there is blame to be shared on both sides. It is fully possible that Meghan's mental health was suffering but that she also bullied staff - the two things aren't mutually exclusive. As an employer the Palace should investigate claims of bullying and if Meghan was refused help when she was suffering they need to look at putting a protocol in place for the future.

I didn't watch Caroline's live because I knew she would be the great defender of Meghan and trash the rest of the Royal Family (despite claiming that she loved them when she did her Hello with Hirons videos).

My main issue with Caroline is the shutting down of any opinion which she doesn't agree with which has frankly become the norm.on social media. The Freaks also.do this in the group. I despite Donald Trump and what he says but he is allowed to say it. The whole thing with JK Rowling being slammed as being a "TERF" because she has urged caution on self identification - why can't she support Trans people and want to stand up for womens rights? I have always considered myself to the left side of politics but sometimes I feel that we are moving into 1984 with the work brigade the real life thought police.

Sorry for the rant. To be clear I may not agree with what you say but I will absolutely defend your right to say it 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 33
And while we're asking questions, why do Mr and Mrs Hirons have their dates of birth the wrong way round at Companies House for Hirons Holdings Ltd and Hirons Investments Ltd? By doing that, Companies House deems them to be separate people from Caroline Hirons Ltd, Skin Rocks Ltd etc. but it's an offence to provide false information to Companies House. If it was a mistake made by whoever registered the company, they've still signed off accounts, changed director details etc with the dates of birth the wrong way round i.e. him July 1969 and her June 1963. Why??

• Wow
Just skimmed through her body empties live. Why does she insist that body moisturising daily stops hair growth and that if some women weren't lazy(!) and moisturised like her (since she was a teen, apparently) then they wouldn't have any excess body hair? As someone who is both Middle Eastern and African (so, having to moisturise daily since childhood to avoid ashy skin and having a lot of thick dark body hair) she can fuck right off with that nonsense. It's just not true and calling women lazy for not moisturising to rid themselves of body hair (or for any other reason really) is yet more patriarchy-centred bullshit. She's telling on herself there too with the unintentional racism/xenophobia in that whole way of thinking, as most women with what could be termed "excess" body hair are not, let's say, Liverpool-born Anglo-Irish-American white ladies who can, allegedly, simply moisturise that pesky hair away.

Re: the child named after a cleanser- I'm certain for some CH Freaks, Oskia has become the new Saskia.
As far as I can tell, she has zero education beyond high school and her cosmetology knowledge extends to how-to-do various treatments, while her real skill is selling and shilling, in the past in stores, and these days to her mad cult. She clearly knows fuck all about skin organically or the human body generally, or she would not say such outstandingly stupid, uneducated things. Body hair is simply genetics plus sex hormones. That is all. Slapping moisturizer on to try to keep the upper dead layer of skin supple and moist could never in a million years affect hair follicles and their ability to produce hair, or affect the thickness of it. It just shows she doesn't comprehend the slightest thing about how the body works.

The first time I ever heard of Hirons, it was through watching some old Pixiewoo video where she was a guest. She rubbed me up the wrong way then (as did the sisters' outsize fawning on her), and when I went to check out her blog, I saw some utterly egregious claims stuck in amongst the OK stuff. The absurd hatred of mineral oil which is one of the most useful products to treat dry, inflamed and highly sensitized skin and is one of the best things for highly reactive and allergenic or atopic skin . The fact she was so uneducated about the real causes of skin ageing that she dismissed sunscreen for years and really only recommends it grudgingly now. The fact she routinely pushes products utterly loaded with added fragrance, which is the number one allergen, irritant to and sensitizer of skin, especially facial skin which is very thin and sensitive compared to body skin. No dermatologist will ever recommend highly scented products to be applied to facial skin no matter your skin type, but a person whose main concern is selling more product in a certain line will. I find Hirons advice utterly egregious sometimes.

• Heart

Heidic

I cannot believe that she's having the Tropic Skincare boss on a live! Posts about Tropic aren't allowed in the Facebook group because it's an MLM. It's been obvious for a while that she just follows the money but this is unbelievable.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

MillySO

Her whole appeal in the beginning was that she wasn’t like the other YouTubers. She was an older woman targeting an audience that needed someone like her. They didn’t want a 20 year old with perfect skin telling them what products to use for aging.

I think the reality is that a lot of that older audience don’t trust her opinion anymore. She’s forever shilling her mate’s brands, encouraging people to spend excessive amounts, making disparaging comments about cheaper options and writing off brands that don’t worship her. Training is all well and good but with enough passion, there are people out there who can gain more up to date knowledge than someone with training from the 90’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Lechat

VIP Member
Totally agree, she could give the best skincare advice in the world (she doesn’t though!) and I would still not watch her because I’m sick of the lectures. I log into insta after work for light relief not to be shouted at and told what to think.

Caroline acts like an expert on everything from brexit, to US politics, uk politics, healthcare, feminism, gender debates.... it’s just a joke.

CH and her followers remind me of a line from a Drake song “the bandwagons full, but you can run behind it” because that’s sums up her M.O. Scream and shout about the latest headline and her lemmings and who seem incapable of independent thought run behind lapping up the opinion.

Its funny that CH denigrates Piers Morgan. To me Piers Morgan and CH are the same side of the coin in terms of shouting people down and thinking they are right. It’s just CH thinks she’s superior because of her left leaning views and buying into whatever wokery of the day. But make no mistake their characters are exactly the same.

I don’t respond to lectures or aggressive opinion baiting. I’m open to other opinions on many topics but a well reasoned argument with actual facts by someone knowledgeable is more likely to persuade me than some jumped up nasty shouting woman who happens to have a following on insta.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

AlphaBeta

Someone dressed up as Caroline for World Book Day 😳 no screenshot because I feel scarlet for them!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Sure the choice is ours. But IMO @WadieHaddadsChocolates is absolutely right about the shitty societal pressures, and the gross way we as a society treat women as they age. Caroline herself feeds into that culture with her language around the menopause.
Too right @mindlessness I’m approaching that stage in life myself and women already have enough going on without having other women, who they are supposed to look up to, making them feel crap about themselves. Particularly when they see people like Hirons who can afford to have all these treatments only because of the women who follow her and line her pockets. There’s no way she would be able to afford the best derms, the best HRT etc if she were still working behind the counter at SpaceNK or doing facials at wherever. But the women who look up to her and see her ranting about shrivelled ovaries and sagging jawlines can’t afford half of what she advocates, so they sit in misery and feel even worse about themselves. Way to build women up Hirons, you ranting, sanctimonious, hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Is there anyone in this thread who actually likes Caroline?
I think she is cool. Of course she is a good business woman most of all and if someone want to put her on pedestal that is their problem....
I don't mind Caroline. She has definately changed from when I first came accross her and I understand why people don't like her. I think she is a good business woman (even if I did give her the idea of cheaper kits in an earlier thread!).

I don't trust her reviews as much as I used to but I still find her a good source for skincare advice. She has become much more commercial mainly posting adverts and paid for promotions and with starting the kits so it easier to take her advice with a pinch of salt and also see what other people are saying about a product.

I think it's a shame she doesn't keep up with the blog more, her old product reviews were really detailed and I like how she would always put who might or might not get on with certain products. She could literally dictate the reviews for someone else to type up and post once she has tested it. The blog doesn't bring in the money like the kits and her Instagram lives get her more followers and potential purchasers of the kits.

I know a lot of people critcise the Drunk Elephant feud but I think they were in the wrong. Nathan who criticised her to a member of the public was completely unprofessional in my opinion. He is a representative of the brand and his response should have been much more professional in the circumstances and I completely understand why she responded publically, I think it was fair. It didn't help that around the same time people were calling them out for their terrible customer service (telling people who reacted to their products that it was because they were using products from other brands).

I think she should speak up more in the freaks group about the people who have too much skincare, areslick her and talk about hiding purchases from their spouses. People are literally striving to have shelves of product like she had in her office. They forget she gets it all for free and for review, she can afford to chuck stuff out if it goes off. The arselicking is beyond a joke now. She is overly hero worshipped by most of the group but I appreciate that her advice has helped a number of people improve their skin with her advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 27