Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Caroline's house is being renovated and she's staying at Ruth's. A big house like that needs people in it, probably suits everyone at the moment. She does look very at home but I can't see her leaving London permanently.

Reactions: 3
Kicking off on the freaks Facebook page.

Someone has posted about wanting fillers or botox for her mouth lines (the ones that appear when you smile) and a few people commented that she doesn't need them or commented about how weird people look after botox and fillers.

Some freaks have replied to these telling people to pretty much not give those replies. Comments were then turned off

This morning, Caroline has removed the comments telling her she looks lovely and doesn't need the botox and told her to go ahead and do it and given her advice
Oh god. elective medical consumerism for vanity purposes presented as empowerment or feminism. Don't look inside, get yer face surgically mauled or injected into a bad imitation of real youth. Don't listen to any advice that isn't a how-to! Thinking bad! Get thee to a clinic and handing over cash! Do it, because Caroline is doing it, and if Caroline is doing it IT IS RIGHT AND GOOD.

I find it horrifying that someone who plays the big bad empowered feminist like CH does is literally egging on a woman to cast all attempts at introspection or rationality aside and just go get her face fucked with, whether it's based on Caroline's own need to have her actions vlaidated or her obvious visceral disgust and panic at the first signs of menopause or whatever it is that motivates her these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh god. elective medical consumerism for vanity purposes presented as empowerment or feminism. Don't look inside, get yer face surgically mauled or injected into a bad imitation of real youth. Don't listen to any advice that isn't a how-to! Thinking bad! Get thee to a clinic and handing over cash! Do it, because Caroline is doing it, and if Caroline is doing it IT IS RIGHT AND GOOD.

I find it horrifying that someone who plays the big bad empowered feminist like CH does is literally egging on a woman to cast all attempts at introspection or rationality aside and just go get her face fucked with, whether it's based on Caroline's own need to have her actions vlaidated or her obvious visceral disgust and panic at the first signs of menopause or whatever it is that motivates her these days.
If someone wants to get injectibles or wishes to have work done on their face, fair enough. Personally I find it horrifying that someone sits in judgment of what others want to do to feel better about themselves. All the introspection in the world doesn’t help someone who is self-conscious - whether we see their perceived flaws or not.

Reactions: 7
It's not about if someone gets injectibles or not. It's Caroline shutting down opinions where people told her presumably truthfully that she didn't need them.

Reactions: 11
If someone wants to get injectibles or wishes to have work done on their face, fair enough. Personally I find it horrifying that someone sits in judgment of what others want to do to feel better about themselves. All the introspection in the world doesn’t help someone who is self-conscious - whether we see their perceived flaws or not.
People do lots of inadvisable, sometimes unhealthy, and often totally moronic tit to themselves to 'try feel better' or try to address an insecurity and very little of it works on more than a temporary basis. It's not really an argument.

Invasive and risky cosmetic medical procedures, from injectables to full on surgery, carry known risks (inherently, and especially given it's a field that isn't regulated properly and attracts a lot of quacks and clowns) and way too many people are doing tit to themselves for the wrong reasons. You don't heal the inside by messing with the outside when the outside isn't even the actual problem by any realistic metric. Normal smile lines from living your life and actually smiling are not a deformity or a medical issue. Looking 25 when you're 50 isn't a remotely reasonable expectation. It's concerning that the Hirons of this world seek to pathologize them into something that needs 'treating'. Expensively, regularly, and invasively, like a chronic disease.

People like Caroline are bleeping predatory, with fingers increasingly stuck into every part of the beauty industry kickback pie. At this point it's wise to take their advice with a huge grain of salt and nowhere more so than in that freaks post where she shut down people being supportive and complimentary about a poster's natural, untweaked face to basically order her off to the nearest injecto-quack to get tweaked, pronto.

Caroline already shills a lot of absolutely wallet-raping and questionable beauty products for profit and has way too much skin in the game and way too many obvious unresolved personal issues with her own ageing face to be a level headed and trustworthy advisor. She has started projecting her own self-disgust and off the charts fearfulness about menopause and not being fertile or perceived as youthful and sexually desirable anymore at the whole world recently, getting really shouty and angry and declarative about all the aesthetic horrors that inevitably await her and every other woman on earth (collagen loss, she talks about it like it's malignant face cancer, such a reasonable attitude eh).

Instead of thoughtfulness or level headedness or even getting someone medical in to advise about actual medical possibilities of easing you through menopause or even herself talk in a positive and actually helpful way about dealing with skin changes or issues when older, she offers panic and descriptions of how gross, essentially unfuckable - thus unlovable - women naturally are by menopause and her solution is to do what she's always done and rage full speed ahead and pimp yet more expensive, invasive and questionable beauty treatments as a cure all. It's all projection but as other posters have pointed out, it does affect more vulnerable people given the esteem many seemingly hold her in since she's appointed herself grand high poobah and skincare queen of the bleeping universe in recent years and some actually believe her. Caroline has already had a faceful of tweakments and she's observably growing more weirdly insecure by the month and demanding more. She might actually be the greatest advert for why this tit doesn't cure insecurities, but rather too often creates a cycle of unhealthy dependency and lack of self-acceptance instead.

It's very interesting to contrast Caroline with other famous, older, and now post-menopausal women who were truly great beauties of their time such as the model Paulina Porizkova who doesn't use botox and has lost work because of showing her natural, still beautiful and now lined face, and who talks about ageing and beauty and PS in a considered and nuanced way and about certain cultural attitudes attached to female (as opposed to male) ageing being a problem rather than actual normal female ageing itself. Paulina projects a lot of positive attitudes about ageing and getting older and embracing your natural face and having worth as a woman at any age where as Caroline treats female ageing as a disgusting, fearful thing to be treated like a nasty disease. Both have large female audiences. I wonder which feels better and more secure about themselves after hearing each address the subject?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
People do lots of inadvisable, sometimes unhealthy, and often totally moronic tit to themselves to 'try feel better' or try to address an insecurity and very little of it works on more than a temporary basis. It's not really an argument.

Invasive and risky cosmetic medical procedures, from injectables to full on surgery, carry known risks (inherently, and especially given it's a field that isn't regulated properly and attracts a lot of quacks and clowns) and way too many people are doing tit to themselves for the wrong reasons. You don't heal the inside by messing with the outside when the outside isn't even the actual problem by any realistic metric. Normal smile lines from living your life and actually smiling are not a deformity or a medical issue. Looking 25 when you're 50 isn't a remotely reasonable expectation. It's concerning that the Hirons of this world seek to pathologize them into something that needs 'treating'. Expensively, regularly, and invasively, like a chronic disease.

People like Caroline are bleeping predatory, with fingers increasingly stuck into every part of the beauty industry kickback pie. At this point it's wise to take their advice with a huge grain of salt and nowhere more so than in that freaks post where she shut down people being supportive and complimentary about a poster's natural, untweaked face to basically order her off to the nearest injecto-quack to get tweaked, pronto.

Caroline already shills a lot of absolutely wallet-raping and questionable beauty products for profit and has way too much skin in the game and way too many obvious unresolved personal issues with her own ageing face to be a level headed and trustworthy advisor. She has started projecting her own self-disgust and off the charts fearfulness about menopause and not being fertile or perceived as youthful and sexually desirable anymore at the whole world recently, getting really shouty and angry and declarative about all the aesthetic horrors that inevitably await her and every other woman on earth (collagen loss, she talks about it like it's malignant face cancer, such a reasonable attitude eh).

Instead of thoughtfulness or level headedness or even getting someone medical in to advise about actual medical possibilities of easing you through menopause or even herself talk in a positive and actually helpful way about dealing with skin changes or issues when older, she offers panic and descriptions of how gross, essentially unfuckable - thus unlovable - women naturally are by menopause and her solution is to do what she's always done and rage full speed ahead and pimp yet more expensive, invasive and questionable beauty treatments as a cure all. It's all projection but as other posters have pointed out, it does affect more vulnerable people given the esteem many seemingly hold her in since she's appointed herself grand high poobah and skincare queen of the bleeping universe in recent years and some actually believe her. Caroline has already had a faceful of tweakments and she's observably growing more weirdly insecure by the month and demanding more. She might actually be the greatest advert for why this tit doesn't cure insecurities, but rather too often creates a cycle of unhealthy dependency and lack of self-acceptance instead.

It's very interesting to contrast Caroline with other famous, older, and now post-menopausal women who were truly great beauties of their time such as the model Paulina Porizkova who doesn't use botox and has lost work because of showing her natural, still beautiful and now lined face, and who talks about ageing and beauty and PS in a considered and nuanced way and about certain cultural attitudes attached to female (as opposed to male) ageing being a problem rather than actual normal female ageing itself. Paulina projects a lot of positive attitudes about ageing and getting older and embracing your natural face and having worth as a woman at any age where as Caroline treats female ageing as a disgusting, fearful thing to be treated like a nasty disease. Both have large female audiences. I wonder which feels better and more secure about themselves after hearing each address the subject?
An incredibly one sided argument I’m afraid. It is absolutely up to ourselves what we do and should that be to eviscerate lines so be it. But I’ll agree on Paulina.

An incredibly one sided argument I’m afraid. It is absolutely up to ourselves what we do and should that be to eviscerate lines so be it. But I’ll agree on Paulina.
Sure the choice is ours. But IMO @WadieHaddadsChocolates is absolutely right about the crappy societal pressures, and the gross way we as a society treat women as they age. Caroline herself feeds into that culture with her language around the menopause.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sure the choice is ours. But IMO @WadieHaddadsChocolates is absolutely right about the crappy societal pressures, and the gross way we as a society treat women as they age. Caroline herself feeds into that culture with her language around the menopause.
Too right @mindlessness I’m approaching that stage in life myself and women already have enough going on without having other women, who they are supposed to look up to, making them feel crap about themselves. Particularly when they see people like Hirons who can afford to have all these treatments only because of the women who follow her and line her pockets. There’s no way she would be able to afford the best derms, the best HRT etc if she were still working behind the counter at SpaceNK or doing facials at wherever. But the women who look up to her and see her ranting about shrivelled ovaries and sagging jawlines can’t afford half of what she advocates, so they sit in misery and feel even worse about themselves. Way to build women up Hirons, you ranting, sanctimonious, hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Too right @mindlessness I’m approaching that stage in life myself and women already have enough going on without having other women, who they are supposed to look up to, making them feel crap about themselves. Particularly when they see people like Hirons who can afford to have all these treatments only because of the women who follow her and line her pockets. There’s no way she would be able to afford the best derms, the best HRT etc if she were still working behind the counter at SpaceNK or doing facials at wherever. But the women who look up to her and see her ranting about shrivelled ovaries and sagging jawlines can’t afford half of what she advocates, so they sit in misery and feel even worse about themselves. Way to build women up Hirons, you ranting, sanctimonious, hypocrite.
This... totally

Reactions: 8
Of course. Women can "choose" to get work done, fillers etc - but it's to make us look younger because society doesn't see women over 40 as valuable. There's a reason why we very rarely see men get work done.

Reactions: 18
Not sure what's 'one sided' about it as you've failed to actually discuss a single point I made.

I did not claim it wasn't a choice, either. Clearly, like many things in life, it's a choice we *can* make, but my point is to ask if it's a good choice, a wise choice, or a choice influenced by some absolutely rank ideas about women pushed by a multi-billion pound industry with a large vested interest in women thinking normal faces with normal smile lines etc are abhorrent things that can be erased and pushing the idea that acceptable levels of fresh, dewy lovely youthiness can be achieved with invasive procedures when the product they previously sold you with the exact same claims doesn't work.

Speaking about pressures. When I turned 49, on the actual same bloody day I turned 49, I began to receive an absolute avalanche of ads pushing full body cosmetic surgery as well as endless injectables on my social media platforms. Multiple ads daily, all aimed exclusively at women, pushing the following: botox, various branded fillers, breast implants, breast lifts, face lift, brow lift, tummy tucks, liposuction, butt surgery. Often illustrated with a 22 year old model in a bikini or a 30 year old parading around pretending to be a successfully tweaked 45 year old. It was insane and highly disconcerting. I'd use the tools to say I wasn't interested in these ads, and they'd go away for a few days then I'd get another onslaught, and I mean, onslaught. It was a drip drip drip appraoch, that went on for at least a year. Interestingly, my mate who just turned 40 with no kids or interest in having them has spent the past year from 39 being bombarded with endless ads for infertility clinics, which she finds just as disconcerting. She says she's totally looking forward to ageing out of the 'you can still have babies, why don't you WANT babies, you old hag' age group and into 'your face and body now inherently sucks, please pay us to cut it up' one. To these industries, we are not individuals, we are simply demographics to be bombarded with suggestions as to what we may be persuaded to hand over cash for. Women as a class are targeted by these companies for their ads on the basis of their birthdate. I am guessing that men don't get so many targeted ads about botox, PS, etc, when they turn 49, unless they have been actively searching for that stuff. Women get it by default, and there's the issue.

Anyway. I am generally quite happy with the skin I'm in and this deluge of hard sell crap started to make me feel horrible on occasion, just for the fact it was so targeted to my age and the nasty little assumptions behind it that I couldn't possibly be ok with how I looked. I can quite see how people who already feel insecure get absolutely hammered down mentally with this stuff to the point they believe they 'need' it when they don't and reach for the credit card or start getting loans to cover the array of stuff they are told they need to be acceptable women worthy of being acknowledged or loved.

We don't live in a lovely clean vacuum where we are free from obnoxious influence around our choices, is the point. Heavy influence with a lot of money behind it, and to be made from it, and CH is part of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Hahaha her comment “if you can read without a light u need spf”
She makes me mad because she worked with a skin cancer doctor (zelens) and still thought makeup would suffice. I’m sure last month she admitted she didn’t put sunscreen on that day... so the Paltrow thing has made her the spf crusader who is going to save lives.

Also she mentioned medical grade is a gimmick... oh like kateceuticals? Sounds like a play on pharmaceuticals ... but she puts an ad out for that.

Reactions: 9
Oaf is a word much liked to describe CH , I’m not a fan of rhymes and I think it’d make a good title.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.