Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need your help (ex)-freaks!
I have the possibility to buy Votary Super Seed Serum for around 25€ - Yes or No?
I dont mind herby / natural smells but not sure whether this is as great as CH says or a waste of money (even at this price)...
Thank you!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I have the possibility to buy Votary Super Seed Serum for around 25€ - Yes or No?
I dont mind herby / natural smells but not sure whether this is as great as CH says or a waste of money (even at this price)...
Thank you!!
Firstly I’d ask what are you wanting it for? ie morning/ evening. It’s an oil based serum not water so if you don’t like that texture under makeup or in your routine I’d skip.
The ingredients are designed to nourish & soothe so if dryness & irritation are concerns I’d say go for it for £25. votary probably aren’t paying hirons any more so she will tell you to buy strivectin

• Heart
Thank you!!
It’s a truly lovely serum and barely smells of anything. My daughter loves it for her dehydrated skin and it’s a great morning one if you use retinols etc at night. Really nice and I’d snap it up for that price! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The group today is full of posts about spraying 7 layers of toner on your face each night. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and asking the best toner to use for it. Pointing out that if you have products that are hydrating enough for your skin, 7 layers are a bit extreme is not tolerated 😂 I tried...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you!!
I got this in the Liberty advent calendar this year and I quite like it. But haven't tried it under make-up cause lockdown. I'd say it's pretty soothing and doesn't really have a smell.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you!!
Gothamista on YT (who seems entirely sensible) uses this a lot. And her skin is beautiful. Go for it!
And report back.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The group today is full of posts about spraying 7 layers of toner on your face each night. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and asking the best toner to use for it. Pointing out that if you have products that are hydrating enough for your skin, 7 layers are a bit extreme is not tolerated 😂 I tried...
Isn't that a K-beauty thing, 7 Skins?

Reactions: 6
Isn't that a K-beauty thing, 7 Skins?
Yeah, it seems pretty common in K-beauty. I do 2 layers of my Pyunkang Yul essence toner and it's enough for me as Korean toners are super hydrating on their own. I feel like 7 layers would be a bit of a waste of product 😬

Off topic but Caroline has mentioned it.
Anyone see Pai skincare Sarah talking about a
brand platform selling site that are ripping people off, I wonder which site it was.

See that dermologica dark spot treatment, would it be any good at lightening or even getting rid of freckles. I am absolutely plastered in them.

• Wow
brand platform selling site that are ripping people off, I wonder which site it was.

See that dermologica dark spot treatment, would it be any good at lightening or even getting rid of freckles. I am absolutely plastered in them.
You probably hear this a lot but I love freckles! You can tell me to #&%# off now! 😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You probably hear this a lot but I love freckles! You can tell me to #&%# off now! 😬😬
I don't mind them, but I do not like the ones that have bunched together on the sides of my face, I'll leave the rest alone. I'll say thank you instead of doing a Caroline on you 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't mind them, but I do not like the ones that have bunched together on the sides of my face, I'll leave the rest alone. I'll say thank you instead of doing a Caroline on you 😬
Tretinoin has got rid of a few age spots on my face. It’s pretty powerful though and not for everyone!

It was wish! She held up the order form. Honestly if you're paying £3 for Pai from Wish what on earth do you expect 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Ruth Crilly shared it in her Stories, it's still there this evening.

Reactions: 1
CH was talking (again and also in her usual very negative style) about being menopausal and how her ovaries have shrivelled to raisins, how she's now an old woman, how she's planning on getting all of the tweakments because her skin will go to tit because of the menopause and all her collagen bleeping off, how everything is collapsing, how part of her has died and how no-more babies has made her sad, and my cousin was listening and became very upset.
Caroline Hirons, voice of the patriarchy. duck that bullshit.

I’m so sorry your cousin had to listen to that when she’s feeling so vulnerable. 😢

I also love freckles 😂

Is this the one you mean? https://www.dermalogica.ie/products/age-bright-spot-fader

The ingredients don’t look stellar, the main actives are Niacinamide (good for evening skin tone) & Salicylic. With all the witch hazel in it it could be quite astringent.

The ordinary have a vit c + alpha arbutin which would be good for you. Or if you want to splash out, Alpha-H have a vitamin profiling kit which includes a retinol, vit c, vit b (niacinamide) + copper peptides 💖, and a vit E.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
One of my cousins is a big CH fan and introduced me to the whole Cult of Caroline concept and her related online channels, etc. She is also going through a very premature menopause (she's in her twenties). She had watched one of the lives this week and it upset her. So, I watched it yesterday to see what upset her so much: CH was talking (again and also in her usual very negative style) about being menopausal and how her ovaries have shrivelled to raisins, how she's now an old woman, how she's planning on getting all of the tweakments because her skin will go to tit because of the menopause and all her collagen bleeping off, how everything is collapsing, how part of her has died and how no-more babies has made her sad, and my cousin was listening and became very upset. Her mum actually rang me to calm her down.
Classic case of 'Speak For Yourself and No-one Else, Hirons'.

I mean, if she feels like that, I feel bad for her, honestly, putting THAT level of store in all that tit to the point of such self-absorbed, melodramatic pronouncements, but it's not a great thing to say to other women assuming they obviously feel the same. If she feels she has no worth as a woman or basic human being because she's hit menopause, that's truly sad, and possibly a reflection of the utterly shallow 'beauty' world she's absorbed herself with and the people she hangs around. Or you know, it could be another way to try to sound relatable, ramp up women's insecurities about ageing and sell them yet more pricey anti-ageing shite and recommend more tweakements for kickbacks.

Reactions: 13
@sahara_acct, hope your cousin is doing better now.

CH always has been fake woke. I remember when she said something about starving children in Africa having good skin (lack of sugar in their diet???). It was wildly and offensively ignorant. It was years ago, maybe 2015? It used to be on her blog, a link to an article w/ an interview, iirc.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
@sahara_acct your post made me want to cry, felt so sad for your cousin

This is yet another example of how Caroline gets it so totally wrong. She thinks this kind of stuff makes her relatable but it only upsets people

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you everyone for your wishes. My cousin is doing a little better, but is still really down. I think it was likely the cumulative effect of all the passive-aggressive (and also just outright aggressive) bullshit that Hirons has been spouting and that last live was probably the final straw for her. She started following CH about a year and a half ago because she had a flareup of pretty bad acne so she was at quite a low ebb. A couple of months ago she was diagnosed with early menopause and I imagine, because she never misses a live or a story, that she's internalised all the tit Hirons projects about menopause and "old women" so when she listed to that live on (I think?) Thursday the emotional tit just hit the fan.

When I spoke to her, before I'd watched the live, I didn't realise that some of the things she was sobbing about were word for word repeats of what CH had said in that live: shrivelled ovaries, end of babies, face dropping, old woman, part of her died, etc., etc., etc. Then I watched it and the negativity was just so blatant - even if you're not vulnerable you'd leave there thinking "tit, menopause is awful and old women are wrinkly prunes!" and that's before you get to her calling her detractors traditionally elderly names such as Doris, Ethel or Margaret, etc. It just adds up over time, I guess. On top of being distraught at what her diagnosis means (no children for someone who so wanted to have a family) she said something that was just so incredibly sad: she had always wanted to have at least a small period of time where her skin would be good and she could be happy but it seems that now she's going to go straight from acne to sagging and that she must have been a terrible person to be punished like this. It really broke my heart. The saddest thing is that my cousin really is such a brilliant person but CH has managed to reduce her to believing that she's just bad skin and "shrivelled" ovaries.

We're supporting her as best as we can and her GP has been good despite limited resources, and there are some charities that can offer advice, counselling and support but on top of that we're going to advise that she has a social media break, in particular in regards to Hirons although how successful that will be is another issue - I mean, it's tricky to make me do something sometimes and I'm nearly 30 let alone someone who is only a few years into their twenties. Once again thank you for your wishes and I am so glad to have found a place that isn't all YASSS KWEEEN! #GIRLBOSS! about Hirons and her awful brand of patriarchy serving misogyny disguised as skincare expertise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.