Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 488056

Why the duck would you spend so much money on things you don’t know how to use?
"Some" cleansers...? There's just no need. Tbf I have four on the go (two first cleanse, two second) but certainly wouldn't be buying stuff without knowing how to use them. Some of those are fine as first and second cleansers too, I have no idea why they can't just...work this out for themselves?

I need to know what the name of the child named after a cleanser is. “Foaming! Milk! Glycolic! It’s dinner time!” 😅
I've been trying to figure it out. I'm going with "Moringa" (Emma Hardie). Either that or it's pure lies. Considering those quotes are straight out of the contenders for "didn't happen of the year", it's very possible.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just skimmed through her body empties live. Why does she insist that body moisturising daily stops hair growth and that if some women weren't lazy(!) and moisturised like her (since she was a teen, apparently) then they wouldn't have any excess body hair? As someone who is both Middle Eastern and African (so, having to moisturise daily since childhood to avoid ashy skin and having a lot of thick dark body hair) she can duck right off with that nonsense. It's just not true and calling women lazy for not moisturising to rid themselves of body hair (or for any other reason really) is yet more patriarchy-centred bullshit. She's telling on herself there too with the unintentional racism/xenophobia in that whole way of thinking, as most women with what could be termed "excess" body hair are not, let's say, Liverpool-born Anglo-Irish-American white ladies who can, allegedly, simply moisturise that pesky hair away.

Re: the child named after a cleanser- I'm certain for some CH Freaks, Oskia has become the new Saskia.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Just skimmed through her body empties live. Why does she insist that body moisturising daily stops hair growth and that if some women weren't lazy(!) and moisturised like her (since she was a teen, apparently) then they wouldn't have any excess body hair? As someone who is both Middle Eastern and African (so, having to moisturise daily since childhood to avoid ashy skin and having a lot of thick dark body hair) she can duck right off with that nonsense. It's just not true and calling women lazy for not moisturising to rid themselves of body hair (or for any other reason really) is yet more patriarchy-centred bullshit. She's telling on herself there too with the unintentional racism/xenophobia in that whole way of thinking, as most women with what could be termed "excess" body hair are not, let's say, Liverpool-born Anglo-Irish-American white ladies who can, allegedly, simply moisturise that pesky hair away.

Re: the child named after a cleanser- I'm certain for some CH Freaks, Oskia has become the new Saskia.
Christ she is so ignorant. It's infuriating

Also, us Irish do not want to claim her in any way!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've been moisturising daily since I was a teen and it does duck all for hair growth.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m currently in her clarins event and she is raving about micellar water. I swear she once said to never bother with it?

• Wow
Reactions: 19

And this is exactly why i will never take advice off this woman.... i have never heard this before and i actually have to laugh 🤣🤣

Reactions: 5

As far as I can tell, she has zero education beyond high school and her cosmetology knowledge extends to how-to-do various treatments, while her real skill is selling and shilling, in the past in stores, and these days to her mad cult. She clearly knows duck all about skin organically or the human body generally, or she would not say such outstandingly stupid, uneducated things. Body hair is simply genetics plus sex hormones. That is all. Slapping moisturizer on to try to keep the upper dead layer of skin supple and moist could never in a million years affect hair follicles and their ability to produce hair, or affect the thickness of it. It just shows she doesn't comprehend the slightest thing about how the body works.

The first time I ever heard of Hirons, it was through watching some old Pixiewoo video where she was a guest. She rubbed me up the wrong way then (as did the sisters' outsize fawning on her), and when I went to check out her blog, I saw some utterly egregious claims stuck in amongst the OK stuff. The absurd hatred of mineral oil which is one of the most useful products to treat dry, inflamed and highly sensitized skin and is one of the best things for highly reactive and allergenic or atopic skin . The fact she was so uneducated about the real causes of skin ageing that she dismissed sunscreen for years and really only recommends it grudgingly now. The fact she routinely pushes products utterly loaded with added fragrance, which is the number one allergen, irritant to and sensitizer of skin, especially facial skin which is very thin and sensitive compared to body skin. No dermatologist will ever recommend highly scented products to be applied to facial skin no matter your skin type, but a person whose main concern is selling more product in a certain line will. I find Hirons advice utterly egregious sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Body hair is simply genetics plus sex hormones. That is all. Slapping moisturizer on to try to keep the upper dead layer of skin supple and moist could never in a million years affect hair follicles and their ability to produce hair, or affect the thickness of it.
If I remember correctly there was a body lotion that claimed to reduce hair growth about 20 years ago. Nivea maybe? But that clearly never went anywhere.

I recall her saying a nurse had told her she had little hair on her arms because she moisturised so much, however I think its more likely the reason her blond arm hairs are less noticeable is because the moisturising keeps them soft and laying down- kind of like if you'd dry flakey skin on your face the raised texture can make the little vellous hairs stick up, exfoliate and moisturise and they'll lie down.
I think hearing that was one of the things that made the penny drop with me, like hold on, she's talking balls here 😂
Where even is the logic in that? She got her stache lasered, surely her years of moisturising should have sorted that out too?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Have you seen how vigorously she rubs her facial products in.... I'm assuming she's even worse on her body and the hair has just withered and died in submission

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Excellent stories from Ruth this morning saying why she doesn't wade in on some issues. I did wonder if Caroline was throwing shade at her last week with her *people in my industry not posting, I'm disappointed".

Reactions: 8
I *think* it was violence against women last week, but that might have changed by the end of the week. We need a Freak to make us a spreadsheet to keep track...
I think it was, last week. But then next week it will be something else, and next month something different again. Each time she will be ‘disappointed’ in her peers not speaking out. The problem is, she mouths off once then never again. Whereas others have one cause they support continuously, perhaps quietly. Just because they don’t shout about it, it doesn’t mean they aren’t doing anything. She needs to be mindful.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.