Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm expecting reviews from tattlers who managed to get a kit. Please.

Reactions: 7
I do think she could have sent an email as there’s people who buy them as gifts for people etc

Reactions: 1
The difference in exchange rate will be minimal so it'll be a pound or 2 max?

I think the person was referring to the banks fee for cross border transactions. It's usually a % of the total, around 2.5-3%. Probably around a fiver.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been thinking about this communication, or lack there of. It’s the strategy. There’s no intention to send a global email to all customers setting out the problems, because then it’s a formal, tangible admission that’s she’s fucked up. It’s not a few stories that disappear after a bit on Instagram, or posts in a closed Facebook group, or social media comments that can be screened and sanitised. It would be something from her, in her words, that could make its way out into the wider world and highlight what an absolute joke both she and her company are. She’s in full on damage limitation mode right now, trying to salvage her reputation. She has no intention of writing to her customers. She is an absolute disgrace and should not be in business.

Reactions: 18
Total payment received should equal item quantity purchased x unit price and where it doesn’t those are the ones that need to be resolved. It’s data extracts into a spreadsheet and a few formulas and if the data is from multiple sources / messy then they just have to slowly work through it - I expect it is messy when they’re using third parties, but 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I haven't been following the kit mess, but saw an angry comment saying they got charged 3 times now they can't pay rent... Umm I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money, but if you barely have 4 digits in your bank account, you shouldn't be spending money on anything other than food and bills...

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I haven't been following the kit mess, but saw an angry comment saying they got charged 3 times now they can't pay rent... Umm I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money, but if you barely have 4 digits in your bank account, you shouldn't be spending money on anything other than food and bills...
Someone could have saved and planned for 200 to go out for a kit, and made sure there was still enough for rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
But you are telling someone how they should spend their money. The point made about the kit tit show is that people who budgeted for £190 to go out of their account were having far in excess taken and in one case £1600. Whatever your circumstances this should not happen. In the example you gave the person had nearly £400 extra taken which had affected her ability to pay rent which is not beyond the realms of a lot of peoples finances. Whether you could afford the extra money being taken out or not is irrelevant....it should not have happened. Caroline is the one at fault here on two accounts. 1 being the tit structure of the website and the other being her creating the rabid frenzy for the bloody kits in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She seems to be dragging this mess with getting refunds to customers. I'd be calling my bank and probably getting in touch with trading standards. If I'd of had money taken out numerous times I can't exactly wait for CH to refund it if I've bills going out.

She seems to love criticising everyone else but when her shitshow happens she tries to hide behind a private Facebook group. I'd be worried how secure her site is for ordering from tbh

Reactions: 15
I don’t think that’s a fair comment. As someone said above, somebody purchased 1 kit and ended up with £1600 taken out of their account. I don’t know about your personal circumstances but after paying my mortgage, bills and buying food I don’t have a spare £1600 floating around. People may have budgeted and saved specifically for the kit launch, what they choose to spend their money on has absolutely nothing to do with anybody else. Regardless of anyone’s circumstances, if you buy ONE kit, you should be charged for one.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Was the cult of CH always like this or has lockdown made it worse? Hoping some of these poor people regain a sense of sanity when the world goes back to normal!

Reactions: 5
Was the cult of CH always like this or has lockdown made it worse? Hoping some of these poor people regain a sense of sanity when the world goes back to normal!
I think it's got much worse. The freaks group seems to have at some point in the past 18 months activated its cult homing beacon and slowly the cult members have outnumbered the skincare fans, most of whom have abandoned ship or occasionally been kicked out for crimes against the cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It seems to have got worse since lockdown i think people who are vulnerable are finding social media support but equally they're being fleeced and seeing people as friends oh look CH liked my comment or she replied to my comment. They don't want to say any negative as the community for some is all they have. CH is responsible for allowing the behaviour its seriously unhealthy to idolise someone that much you don't know them only a small snippet of their lives are shared.

Someone got me the book I've passed it on literally nothing ground breaking at all and too many quotes and so much in their is on the blog or available more in depth for free

Reactions: 9
I flicked through the book when I saw it in a store, it is honestly a copy and paste of the blog.

@rileysbunny that's a bit of an unfair and elitist comment. Someone had budgeted to spend £190 on the kit, that's what should have been taken out. The kit could have been a money saving idea on their part. You're honestly suggesting that people should never pay anything nice for themselves if they're not high earners and just buy food and rent? I'd think it would be silly if someone got a kit instead of paying bills but that's not what happened here. Regardless, whether you have 1k or 1 million in your bank account this should not have happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I flicked through the book when I saw it in a store, it is honestly a copy and paste of the blog.

@rileysbunny that's a bit of an unfair and elitist comment. Someone had budgeted to spend £190 on the kit, that's what should have been taken out. The kit could have been a money saving idea on their part. You're honestly suggesting that people should never pay anything nice for themselves if they're not high earners and just buy food and rent? I'd think it would be silly if someone got a kit instead of paying bills but that's not what happened here. Regardless, whether you have 1k or 1 million in your bank account this should not have happened.
Exactly, no one is complaining that because they've bought the kit they can't pay their bills. They were expecting the £200 or whatever to come out. They were not expecting £400+ to come out.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.