Caroline Hirons #34 Skin Rocks - Just Four Products and a Flannel!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve be seen that Erica Davies (the edit) has said she has repeat purchased the cleanser (I’m pretty sure that she also got a PR pack too). If Erica has said she’s brought it again then I’d believe her.
I don’t know her I’m afraid but an endorsement from one influencer is pretty poor for a brand.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know her I’m afraid but an endorsement from one influencer is pretty poor for a brand.
Erica, is a fashion journalist , was editor of a magazine (can’t remember all the details) started her insta as she had young children and now she just does her insta and her edit which you get via email. she’s also had her own range of coats and boots (for those with large calf’s) in John Lewis (both sellouts) and some home stuff (I think on QVC).
I like her too.
yes I’d agree it’s poor, and She’s the only one that I know of.

Reactions: 4
I am genuinely excited to know what guest will be on the podcast tomorrow.
Oaf has already lost interest as she never mentions it in her lives 😂 Her stupid giant flannels get more mentions.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can’t believe she’s flogging flannels 🤣
The delulu is strong with this one

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am genuinely excited to know what guest will be on the podcast tomorrow.
Oaf has already lost interest as she never mentions it in her lives 😂 Her stupid giant flannels get more mentions.
Never thought someone could get me to look forward to Monday morning. Thanks, Caz!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think The Freaks adoration of her has skewed Hirons view that her range is extremely popular.
Outside of The Freaks, has it really made any impact on the skincare industry? Genuine question. Other than the “influencers” who received a freebie, has there really been much said about her range?
I've had a quick look and apart from influencers there are a lot of paid promotions from magazines pretty standard practice in print and online

The awards Hirons peddles are in my opinion are bought.

You'd have thought by now there would have been reviews by mere mortals, but I can't see them

With Skin Rocks she's gone against everything she has said in her book and blog. I'm not the best at reading inci lists but as we've touched on numerous times it's basic formulas for an over inflated price.

I don't know how she manages to not be ahead of the curve with her twenty billion years in skin care. It has always been reactive.

The Freaks haven't been that on board with Hirons range apart from the usual suspects. She's screwed them over more times than I've had cigarettes.

Reactions: 11
I think Hirons was bigging up Ateh Jewel and Dija Ayodele ("Deej" in Hirons speak) around the George Floyd killing/at the height of BLM. Performative stuff.
It was 100% performative. I remember Hirons desperately saying things like ‘and we’ve been friends for years and years. Haven’t we? Haven’t we?’ And referring to both women’s partners and kids in over-familiar terms, and it was obvious by their responses that she’d never met them. SO AWKWARD

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I love the updates we get on how dead the it’s not a pop up is and every other counter in Liberty is busy.

I bet the only visits it gets is the die hard freaks and they only seem to go to take selfies 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If any Freaks in Recovery are here, please know that you can buy 6 very soft terry towelling nappies from Amazon for less than the cost of one Skin rocks flannel. They are 60x60cm so you could cut them in half and have 12 a very similar size https://amzn.eu/d/hFoQK26

Reactions: 17
It's one of those days again that Haddock wins the saddest Freak, mind you the reply in the comments is a close second

When will these idiots realise Hirons couldn't give a flying duck about their sad little lives
That uneven flannel stack is triggering me

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm sure there was a day, not so long ago, when Hirons pretty much spat out that she'd never make or sell flannels, and that it was best to get them from John Lewis or somewhere.

Reactions: 20
If any Freaks in Recovery are here, please know that you can buy 6 very soft terry towelling nappies from Amazon for less than the cost of one Skin rocks flannel. They are 60x60cm so you could cut them in half and have 12 a very similar size https://amzn.eu/d/hFoQK26
I bought 48 flannels off Amazon 3 years ago for a ridiculously cheap price, as my skin couldn't handle the body puffs and I've always used a flannel on my face. myself and Mr Rev have hammered them and they still look new.

I've never understood why flannels are considered a luxury item and need to be discussed at lengths on the freaks group

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I pay about 50p per flannel from IKEA or Amazon. Perfectly good, average sized white cotton. Given her enormous head perhaps Hirons can be forgiven for desiring supersized versions - but I can't believe the majority of freaks are similarly afflicted.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I pay about 50p per flannel from IKEA or Amazon. Perfectly good, average sized white cotton. Given her enormous head perhaps Hirons can be forgiven for desiring supersized versions - but I can't believe the majority of freaks are similarly afflicted.
I'm surprised she's not started flogging hand towels especially for her massive head. I swear her forehead is becoming it's own entity 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Haddock paid £104 to £112 for those, depending on how she bought them.

Over 100 quid. On flannels.
This woman must either be quite wealthy, or puts a lot on credit? Best flannels I've found so far are from Asda, £1.50 - £2 each. That's mad she's paid out the cost of a big food shop on squares of cloth 🤷. I bet she had lots of perfectly good flannels as well, that she's now ditched because they aren't 'Skin Rocks'.

Reactions: 6
Oh I bet you're right. A dozen (at least) perfectly good flannels will have been chucked out so she can prove she's a committed freak. The woman is pathetic. I think if she now realised how Hirons despises her sheep, she'd have a breakdown

Reactions: 7