Caroline Hirons #34 Skin Rocks - Just Four Products and a Flannel!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was only one thread suggestion that I could find (which was mine but it was shite so I vetoed it!) so I hope you don’t mind that I tweaked a sentence from a “most liked” post instead.
Courtesy of @bottlewrapper

Old thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/carolin...nt-rocking-and-the-freaks-feel-cheated.44660/

Extremely quick recap:
Hirons launched a podcast. Used a name that was used previously for a podcast but as they’d not trademarked it, she thought she’d still use it anyway.
First guest was Sarah Jessica Parker who she talked over and swore in front of - soooo professional.
Been on a campaign for sunscreen yet got sunburned AGAIN - Hypocrite Hirons strikes again!
Reduced her kits again and offered free gifts with purchase.
Anything else to add?

Above all, never forget…

704D92B6-DB3E-4F4E-B15A-AAE03BFAF76F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Apologies for the delay! Three days shopping in London absolutely wiped the floor with me, by the end my wheelchair was as comfortable as a bed of nails.

As you know my husband caught the Skin Rocks employees in the wild 🤣 Thankfully Lady Hirons was absent so didn't ruin my day and subsequently get run over by yours truly.

My impression of Hirons it's NOT a pop up flagship counter. Is she's fucked, it's dead, not one bit of interest,It looks sparse and cheap. I don't know what she was thinking with the two staff members I saw there was no attempt to entice customers, how they looked in the photo I've already posted is how they acted. Hirons has made some big errors in the last few years, increasing the amount of kits, over promising with her skincare range and under delivering with ingredients. Add to that the ridiculous pricing and the hard sell that she probably always had (She managed to hide it well for lockdown) To me she's lost interest in everything and this is becoming her downfall, the recent fire sale has guaranteed the kits will never sell out as they used to and the Freaks will wait for a lower price. Obviously not including the die hard twatbags that hang on to her every word and think a 54 year old does a hilarious live with filters (yawn)

Hirons selling cheap must have an impact on brands. Everyone knows that brands make profits but these recent " fair pricing"(I hate that term) anyone with half a brain will realise it's a very big profit margin. So even the brand discounts won't be in favour and people won't want to buy at full price. That's another reason the brands we saw way back when have in the majority jumped ship. Hirons is either too big headed, or stupid to realise what's happening

Add to that the Freaks who bought the original kits can't sell the bits they didn't want unless it was at the fire sale price. Not that I care (harsh I know) but as brands have jumped ship a lot of freaks will too. Maybe they'll be more online criticism of the oaf that she won't be able to control the narrative. This women supporting women act is thoroughly getting on my last nerve. However seeing how busy Trinnys huge area was, the warmth from Lisa's counter and to be fair the majority of the other counters being interested and pleasant only highlights how much of a lying,self serving, greedy, disinterested, fake twatbag Hirons is.

Don't get me started on that crappy podcast with the reach of a megastar being brown nosed by the Kween on her cleansing routine. When anyone else would have been shamed by a foamy mouth shouty Hirons

Anyhow that was WAY longer than I was going to write 🤣 I had an amazing time, enjoyed spending my birthday money and Liberty drop credit. I think I made the staff on Lisa's counter very happy. I'd like to think it's because of my sarcastic Northerness and sparkingly personality, alas it was the money 🙃

I will put my experience with Lisa's team on the Lisa thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you @50sGirl and @JaneRev for the introductions for the new thread and I love the thread title and the Kim Woodburn photoshop 🤣

As it was at the end of the last thread. Hirons has launched the “supersize” and I use that term loosely of the overpriced cleanser and this 250ml one is £57!. Yes that’s FIFTY SEVEN British Pounds.
IMG_0061.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Fifty Seven ... Fifty Seven Great British Pounds!!! For her basic, barrier wrecking supersized tit cleanser™️ **

Does she just look at Kate Somerville and price match?? A reach at a new product launch. Are we taking bets on how long it will be until it's included in her bargain basement kits.

Also based on her "interviewing" talking over SJP do you think that ROC products will magically appear in the aforementioned kits. Or am I being a cynical middle aged grumpy woman

Will Ava now think she'll get a bit part in the SITC reboot?

I swear I'm living in an alternative universe

** The bold bit is the the same reaction I had in London after picking up a hairband in Accessorize and swiftly putting it back and leaving the store .. that was £25 and I couldn't believe that!
---
Thank you @50sGirl and @JaneRev for the introductions for the new thread and I love the thread title and the Kim Woodburn photoshop 🤣

As it was at the end of the last thread. Hirons has launched the “supersize” and I use that term loosely of the overpriced cleanser and this 250ml one is £57!. Yes that’s FIFTY SEVEN British poundsView attachment 2948925
Great minds think alike with the reaction to the cost 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Trinny's popup on the King's Road looks more permanent than Hirons' not a popup in Liberty.

It so does. Trinny has really put so much effort into her pop up in Chelsea wheras Hirons it’s not a pop up flagship permanent counter looks very phoned in and half arsed.

Reactions: 4
Do we think Trinny’s pop up is permanent but she’s starting cautiously? Or a trial run for a premises elsewhere? She’s more considered than CH for sure.

Reactions: 5

As it was at the end of the last thread. Hirons has launched the “supersize” and I use that term loosely of the overpriced cleanser and this 250ml one is £57!. Yes that’s FIFTY SEVEN British Pounds.View attachment 2948925
It’s a CLEANSER! This is outrageous. Anyone buying this is a moron

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

As it was at the end of the last thread. Hirons has launched the “supersize” and I use that term loosely of the overpriced cleanser and this 250ml one is £57!. Yes that’s FIFTY SEVEN British Pounds.View attachment 2948925
Apologies, the photoshop was posted on the previous thread by @PsychoticPrincess so all credit to her not me. 😳
---
It’s a CLEANSER! This is outrageous. Anyone buying this is a moron
“Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand…” 😜😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Asking the team what they think of the cream cleanser…….are any of them over 30??? they wont be spending 57 quid on it that’s for sure and they’re hardly going to be unbiased are they 🙄 my eyes nearly disappeared into the back of my head watching that!!

Reactions: 7
I’m shocked with the podcast. SJP seemed gracious but she was talked over and interrupted all the time. I didn’t want to know about the Hirons family, we hear about that enough. I would suggest oh Caroline buys some coaching in interviewing skills. She is mediocre. Better than I’d be but not yet good enough.
as for the supersize! she has just not read the room. As she’d say.

Reactions: 12
Asking the team what they think of the cream cleanser…….are any of them over 30??? they wont be spending 57 quid on it that’s for sure and they’re hardly going to be unbiased are they 🙄 my eyes nearly disappeared into the back of my head watching that!!
Do they not also get discounted/free skincare as a “work perk”, so that’s hardly going to be an impartial opinion if they don’t even have to pay for it… Could be wrong, but I’m sure that was mentioned in a Skin Rocks job advert that was shared on here a while ago. Happy to be corrected, though!

I can’t bring myself to listen to the podcast as I don’t want to line her pockets anymore than I have already, and I can’t get back the time wasted either.
I guessed that she wouldn’t have let SJP talk as she’s too full of herself. Thanks for those that have and given us the lowdown.

As for all those women can’t wait to buy her normal sized cleanser at an inflated price fool and money easy parted.
---
I’m shocked with the podcast. SJP seemed gracious but she was talked over and interrupted all the time. I didn’t want to know about the Hirons family, we hear about that enough. I would suggest oh Caroline buys some coaching in interviewing skills. She is mediocre. Better than I’d be but not yet good enough.
as for the supersize! she has just not read the room. As she’d say.
Don’t put yourself down, I’m sure that you’d be good as you’d probably want to know about your guest, not tell them all about your family, as that’s the point about an interview.

Reactions: 9
Could she have paid SJP a fee to go on her podcast? That is a possibility right?

Reactions: 6
Basic stuff but when SJP mentioned she used 3 perfumes regularly wouldn't you think Oaf might ask what they were? She didn't.
She is a terrible interviewer. In turn obsequious and then rabbiting on about her own dull family. Interrupting, not following up obvious interesting paths. Too keen to say 'yes same' like they are buddies. And 'we have daughters the same age'. SJP's daughters are 15.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Could she have paid SJP a fee to go on her podcast? That is a possibility right?
Good thought. Im sure all these celebs receive massive fees for interviews and appearances. There is no way SJP did that fee-free out of the kindness of her own heart. Would any celeb go onto a podcast or do interviews without payment?

Had SJP even heard of Cazza for more than a day before the interview took place?

I haven't listened to it. I have no interest in SJP at all 🤯