Caroline Hirons #29 Not an influencer? What a load of (overpriced) flannel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whenever Hirons criticises a brand for being expensive all I can think is May Lindstrom
I’ve tried 3 May Lindstrom products (back when I bought Hirons kits) and I didn’t like any of them.
Not been impressed by the Jordan Samuel products either.

Reactions: 4
The Oaf doesn’t even follow that ‘expert’ on IG (she only has 564 followers, so hardly a fountain of knowledge)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve tried 3 May Lindstrom products (back when I bought Hirons kits) and I didn’t like any of them.
I got the kit that had Peptide K8 in it and was excited to try it after all the hype in the freaks group (then I was a naïve freak) and I thought it was the worst moisturiser I’ve ever tried and it lasted for what felt like a couple of weeks. £132 is a total rip off for that in my opinion.

Trinny’s Bounce Back Peptide moisturiser is so much better and a fraction of the price.

Reactions: 8
Trinny’s Bounce Back Peptide moisturiser is so much better and a fraction of the price.
Oh yes. That's a really really nice moisturiser.
Trinny is a tad too manic for my taste, so I don't follow her socials but her skincare products are great and a sensual joy to use.

I only tried the blue baboon in a tiny sample pot. Yuk. I was SO glad I hadn't shelled out £££s for the full size. I think it's the blue tansy smell I can't stand as I've not liked any other product I've tried where it's an ingredient. Very underwhelmed by all the JS products I tried, apart from the Aftershow cleanser which I quite liked, but not for the price

I got the kit that had Peptide K8 in it and was excited to try it after all the hype in the freaks group (then I was a naïve freak) and I thought it was the worst moisturiser I’ve ever tried and it lasted for what felt like a couple of weeks. £132 is a total rip off for that in my opinion.

I got that kit too and liked the Peptide K8, but it's a rip-off at the price. It's not even 50ml, which is pretty standard for a full-size moisturiser, but 30ml. I'm looking forward to trying Trinny's peptide moisturiser

Reactions: 2
I only tried the blue baboon in a tiny sample pot. Yuk. I was SO glad I hadn't shelled out £££s for the full size. I think it's the blue tansy smell I can't stand as I've not liked any other product I've tried where it's an ingredient. Very underwhelmed by all the JS products I tried, apart from the Aftershow cleanser which I quite liked, but not for the price

I got that kit too and liked the Peptide K8, but it's a rip-off at the price. It's not even 50ml, which is pretty standard for a full-size moisturiser, but 30ml. I'm looking forward to trying Trinny's peptide moisturiser
I must admit I also liked Peptide K8 but I wouldn’t repurchase due to the price. I’m currently using The Inkey List peptide moisturiser for £3.49 from Home Bargains! Nothing special but it does the job which tbh is pretty much the same verdict I have on much more expensive products. I’d love to try Trinny’s skincare range but I’m still working my way through my skincare stash. 😳 I’ve not even considered buying Skin Rocks at all - very underwhelming.

Josh Rosebrook Accelerator (think that’s what the mist is called) is another Emperor’s New Clothes item to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I must admit I also liked Peptide K8 but I wouldn’t repurchase due to the price. I’m currently using The Inkey List peptide moisturiser for £3.49 from Home Bargains! Nothing special but it does the job which tbh is pretty much the same verdict I have on much more expensive products. I’d love to try Trinny’s skincare range but I’m still working my way through my skincare stash. 😳 I’ve not even considered buying Skin Rocks at all - very underwhelming.

Josh Rosebrook Accelerator (think that’s what the mist is called) is another Emperor’s New Clothes item to me.
I’ve not been tempted at all by Skin Rocks either , not even the retinoid. For the SR price point , I’d rather get Trinny’s Overnight Sensation which is Retinal I’ve had two of and it is fantastic. It gave me a ring light glow the first morning after using it.

Reactions: 8

The Josh Rosebrook mist STANK and really wasn’t moisturising or soothing. Total crap. I chucked it in the end. I got it in the same Kit (I only ever bought one) and there was some Oskia Bedtime Beauty Boost in there too. It retails at £95 so I’d never have purchased on a whim but my skin has never looked as good as when that was in rotation.

If anyone is subscribed to Dermatica, the cream cleanser in the pump is stunning and really reasonable. Fragrance free, and reminds me of The Ordinary cream cleanser but a little softer in texture. I love.

She is full on trolling us isn’t she ?. Posting a picture of these and talking about a women supporting women event she held just days after the Trinny bashing live. Hypocrite Hierons strikes again.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She is full on trolling us isn’t she ?. Posting a picture of these and talking about a women supporting women event she held just days after the Trinny bashing live. Hypocrite Hierons strikes again.
Also I wondered if she brought up Donna Ida - such good friends - (I'd never heard of her tbh) from an event last month 🙄 because Trinny has been talking about her (DI) on her stories and comments recommending her jeans.
Any one else you'd think 'coincidence', but Hirons thinks she's very clever and is very very petty.

Reactions: 14
Keeping it lighthearted eh Nanna?
So we’ll divert our eyes from your appalling behaviour last week?

Dream on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
That's why I think @LyraBalaqua 's thread title suggestion of needled by Trinny is genius. Let's immortalise the oaf's shocking behaviour in a thread title

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I can’t believe she has the guts to bring up women supporting women after that live. Something is seriously wrong with her .

Reactions: 13
She's really unsophisticated with her posts. Blatantly trying to convince us she is a woman's woman. She couldn't be less so. The fact she's posted that shows she's bothered by the backlash

Reactions: 10
Does anyone remember years ago on twitter where she was regularly taken to task about her advice by another anon skincare fan account who did seem to have some scientific knowledge. She was livid about it.

Reactions: 7
Narcissists always want you to listen to their words. (Phrases about themselves which are usually repeated ad naseum in the hopes it sinks in).

“I support women”
“I’m not bothered”
“I’ve got a thick skin”
“I don’t care who I fall out with”
“I’m not affected by criticism” etc.

It’s projection and a distraction from their actions, which will indicate the exact opposite. Tune out the words and objectively look at the behaviour and it all falls into place.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.