Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horatio

VIP Member
Doesn't anyone think it's weird that they haven't mentioned how she ended her life? Is anyone getting weird sex vibes that went wrong and this is a cover up saying suicide without saying how she took her life stalling for time to think of how best to come up with a story?

Normally by now like with Anna Nicole and Michael Jackson the way someone passed would be mentioned like the other Love Island people who took their lives.
Wow this is utterly ridiculous and the perfect example of needless sensationalism, like your watching a Netflix show not the public aftermath of a very recent tragedy.

You clearly haven’t paid close attention to how suicides are reported, - at least in the UK, so MJ and Anna Nicole Smith are irrelevant comparisons. It’s always like this - sometimes you won’t even get official confirmation of suicide, just “no suspicious circumstances” , until after the inquest. It would have been the same with the other love island suicides, you are either remembering it wrong or the suicide method got out unofficially.

Reactions: 45

freda19

VIP Member
Wonder how Laura Whitmore is feeling, I see her beau has posted a heavenly tribute to CF. Must be a bit uncomfortable for them when all
is said and done.
I’d be examining my work goals post this.

Not fan of Laura, have heard stories of her self-gain prerogatives.
It's nothing to do with Laura. Why would she or her 'beau' feel uncomfortable? Nor is it owt to do with her work goals or "self gain prerogatives" whatever the heck that means. She didn't nick Caroline's job out from under her. She was offered the gig after Caroline's suspension and accepted it and Caroline contacted her wishing her all the best. End of.
People leave jobs or get suspended for all sorts of reasons. It's not the replacement's fault.
Gawd I've heard it all now.:rolleyes:

• Heart

RunnerJ

Don’t post very regularly at all but read a lot of the threads.

I find what happened to Caroline a real tragedy.

The woman was clearly mentally ill. She was 40, not 16 - to still be checking her boyfriends phone obviously shows distrust in the relationship/her own deep insecurities about herself/their relationship.

The press (and I think the CPS confirmed) are reporting she inflicted injuries on herself - all that blood is allegedly hers. So did she upon searching her boyfriends phone and finding whatever she found - dick pics, texts, pictures with other girls - slash her wrists in front of him? Or throw the lamp at him to wake him then begin to slash her wrists as if to say, I can’t go on without you? Or look at what you’re doing to me - I would rather die than be without you. This behaviour in itself (if it was this - and the narrative certainly paints this picture) is truly disturbing. The relationship was toxic on both sides. Lewis definitely didn’t deserve to be hit but did he phone the police because he’d been caught cheating and knew it would ruin everything for her? And if not cheating - what was on his phone? I keep thinking she’s found his phone, called him out, thrown the lamp, he’s said he’ll call the police, she’s said no you’ll ruin everything for me, she’s started slashing her wrists and it’s all exploded. Not condoning any of the behaviour on either side - I think they’ve both reacted to one another at the time in an extreme way.

Re Andrew Brady - he’s been asked to sign a NDA, I bet loads of celebrities do this so they don’t get fucked over by their mates/boyfriends etc this prob isn’t out of the ordinary if you’re living in that world. He has added fuel to the fire implying he’s also been a “victim of domestic abuse” but he doesn’t say what that abuse was. He’s left that hanging in the air so people have naturally assumed she’s been physically abusive towards him too. You know those couples you sometimes see on a night out (I used to work in a pub and see it all the time) and they literally SCREAM at each other and tear each other apart (not physically), calling each other names and just being awful to one another - this is abusive and toxic, but it isn’t physical. Didn’t AB also cheat on Caroline when they were engaged and it all came out when she was in the middle of filming Love Island - like she literally had to go on and do a live show the day it had all been called off? He treated her like shit.

The CPS have said Caroline was later restrained on the ground after she flipped over a table and told police she would kill herself. Whatever she did to Lewis and her reasons for it, this woman was sick. Very sick. If she wasn’t a celebrity would she not have been sectioned/hospitalised immediately? Apparently she needed to be treated for 12 hours before she was in any position to be questioned. Maybe she intended to kill herself then and there on that night.

Sadly I’m just coming to the conclusion that she wanted to die. Her mind was made up. An ambulance had been sent out the day before and she’d managed to convince them she was fine, she had a friend staying with her who she also managed to convince she was fine. She would have known she had a limited window when that friend popped out to the shops, so it seems by that point her mind was resolutely made up.

Whatever her reasons were; what she did to Lewis, what she’d done to herself, the evidence of either/both, her own demons, however you look at it and whether you liked her or not, she was seriously mentally ill to the point, suicide was her decision. Nothing seemed worth carrying on for at that point and that is devastating. I can’t imagine getting to the point in my life where that is my only outcome.

Re the CPS/who’s to blame/celeb culture/be kind - I think if she continued down this path, she was bound to end up in the press/dead at some point either way. She needed help and she didn’t get it in time. She worked on one of the biggest TV shows in current times, of course she was going to be of public interest but was she really treated fairly when comparing her to Ant/Schofe? Ant hasn’t been pulled apart like this and Schofe is still on This Morning despite his seedy life being all over the internet. Innocent until proven guilty - her fate had been decided by the press as soon as they ran with the story the way they did. The Valentines Card/David Walliams etc they made light of it and trivialised it.

But I don’t think anyone person/outlet is culpable - she was ill. Her life was a mess. She obviously couldn’t find a way to fix it and this is the outcome.

• Sad

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
Was about to say the same. All the usual insta-chavs blaming her suicide on social media. She wasn’t an Instagram/online celeb, she was a real life media person who used social media as a tool of self-promotion re her actual work. Rather than posting daily incessant stories about their real life. and who weren’t posting messages of support. No I wouldn’t be surprised if Dawn OP doesn’t post at all, it’s her private life now, and not about Caroline flack anymore.

It’s sad but not a surprise. She was a caner and very unfortunately joins a long list of similar drug users who’s mental health plummeted. The two cannot be unrelated.
The poor family.

• Angry
Come on guys she was someone's daughter/sister/friend and was very much loved, do you not think this should all be dropped now out of respect. She clobbered her boyfriend who more than likely wound her up and made things worse, I myself have been there and so many other people i know. It was blown up, so much she has taken her life and its dreadful
Way to go with the victim blaming there

• Heart

MorrisseysCat

I haven’t caught up with the whole thread yet but have just heard from a (absolutely devastated) friend that poor Caroline was badly let down by the laws regarding mental health crises in this instance. I don’t want to say what my friends job is, but he is well positioned to know the truth about the inner workings of police work/social services etc and is not a bullshitter, so I have no reason to disbelieve this: She apparently took an overdose the night before she died and was visited by paramedics. The dose was not so toxic that she needed medical attention and she didn’t didn’t reach “threshold” for sectioning and refused to accompany medics to hospital for a psychological assessment - although her friend that was staying with her and parents wanted her sectioned so that she would have no choice but to go to hospital and get help. The next morning she seemed brighter and her friend that was staying over to look after her went out to the shop. They came back 15 minutes later and she had dead-bolted the door and hanged herself. Took them more than an hour once emergency services were called to get inside the flat.

My friend said that as soon as the call came in saying a woman in the area Caroline lived had been found hanged he knew immediately who it was. He also said that the paramedics who couldn’t section her but couldn’t persuade her to come to hospital on Friday night are absolutely flattened with shock and regret- although of course it is not their fault. My friend thinks there’s a strong argument for the threshold to be sectioned to be lowered as a result of this; he said that she was very clearly a danger to herself and needed the assessment of a doctor. To think that someone who has purposefully taken even a small overdose doesn’t count as being ill enough to reach the lower limited necessary to be helped against their own will is terrifying.

Poor, dear girl and her poor family and friends and those poor emergency workers who couldn’t do more for her. I hope that she has now found peace

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

Ticktacktoe

Long time reader here but never had anything to add to posts till now. I have a very different take on Caroline Flack and it comes from working with and studying narcissistic personalities and narcissistic personality disorder.

Obviously, I can’t say for sure/could never diagnose but here is a different take on what may have happened. Caroline appears to strongly fit the personality traits of a narcissist, and follows the traits of a domestic abuse perpetrator to the letter almost. Targets men whom are much younger, whom she can make believe they are lucky to be with her, whom may be financially dependent on her due to age etc, and other factors. She looks much younger than she is (a common trait amongst those who groom younger victims) and is deemed young and beautiful. When a person is labelled this way, people find it hard to associate them with a crime or the capacity to do bad things. This is especially true of a woman. However, Caroline has a history of very questionable relationships (eg Harry Styles) and quite often, if she had not been a woman, or had not been labelled a young and beautiful woman, would have had much harsher criticism (many times, rightly so).

A narcissist will do anything to avoid criticism and what they feel contradicts their own high opinion of themselves.They revel in adoration, make their victims feel like things are their fault and I have known of many cases where a narcissist will indeed attempt suicide, or actually has committed suicide, in order to complete the ultimate act against their intended victim; to make their victim feel it was their fault, they caused the death, they're a bad person etc. This then causes so many issues for the victim and prevents them often from speaking out against any potential abusive relationships in the future.

Considering that Caroline has committed suicide prior to the impending court case, her lawyers (apparently) having told her the strong possibility of a custodial sentence, the fact further details which may be quite harrowing will come out and so on, this may have been too much for her to consider as it doesn’t equate with her own view of herself. In addition, it could just be a further act of violence against her boyfriend. A case of “Look what you made me do” so to speak. It could also be that she never actually intended to commit suicide but that she attempted it to make those around her further feel how isolated she was etc and for the press to then change the way in which they report. None of these things would be uncommon in such a personality.

The world we now live in has gone to the extreme regarding mental health. Everyone, everywhere, has a story about it or has a mental health issue or knows someone who does. This isn’t the case. Genuine mental health issues are not as common place and cannot be treated by simply CBT and chatting to a friend etc. They require so much more than that. To downplay them, which the rise of social media has done, has done real sufferers so much harm and has clogged the system.

For people now to be saying Caroline was troubled, she was a beautiful person, be kind yet then blame others or go on her boyfriends accounts and post utter vitriol, is all wrong. The facts are she WAS an abuser, she committed a crime, she WAS violent, and she committed suicide and that was HER choice. No amount of press, ITV, Love Island, the CPS, the police etc will have made her ultimately choose to end her life. I don’t see it as a way out for her, she could have easily come back if she was prepared to apologise for what she had done, complete the court case etc. She would have had PR and/or family/friends advising her what to wear to court/do/say and she choose to seemingly ignore such advice with the actions she portrayed. Although twisted (you can’t understand such conditions without learning you have to view things in a way we would never usually think to comprehend), it may have been a way of potentially exercising more control, over her boyfriend and her overall image, and if that is true, then it worked. a true narcissist will not care that theyhave died as a result, the end result for them is the adoration and positive public view restored.

Again, perhaps none of this is the case, perhaps the majority are right and my view of the world is altered because of my background, but this is just an alternative view, and one that more people should be potentially aware of to spot in relationships where domestic abuse may occur.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
All her celebrity friends banging on about how amazing she was and how they're going to miss her....... Why the fuck didn't you check in on her, drop her a text to say hi or a call to say 'are you OK? Do you need to talk about it?' or drop in on her and have a coffee or something!? If you were that much of a friend you would have made sure she was OK every step of the way through this trial she was heading into.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
My ex-the police where called out 87 times in 2 years due to his dv
he broke my bones
gave me bruises
tore my brand new coat to bits-while I was wearing it
tried to put me through a shop window
stole my house keys
tried to strangle me
poured bleach all over my clothes
(and more)

*everyone at the time* ‘what did you do to set him off?’ ‘He’s stressed’ ‘it’s not easy taking on a woman with kids-you must learn to tolerate and teach him’

*the ONE time I hit him back to get him off me*

’abuser!’

men and women are treated very differently in these cases

• Sad
  • Wow

Mrsturnerreturns

VIP Member
In the statement released by the family solicitor I think, it said she had received the news just hours before killing herself that the trial would be going ahead.

Which again makes me think what was coming out?
That she was unhinged, an alcoholic & a self harmer who had slashed her neck in the heat of the moment then smashed a lamp over her boyfriend’s head after he tried to stop her histrionics. This was about to be plastered all over front pages and the internet and ruin her career for good. Poor girl. This is tragic beyond words. She needed some serious help.

• Sad
  • Wow

Gamu

VIP Member
Maybe I’m being harsh but I found it really gross how within minutes of her death being reported, all the reality TV types were posting photos of them with Caroline on Instagram and letting everyone know how upset THEY were.

Surely a better way to pay your respects on social media, if you feel that you have to, is to post a photo of her or something and a link to sources for mental health issues.

• Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I haven't got the time to read the whole thread right now - I have read some and I will read it all at some point - but I just wanted to share what I wrote on Facebook yesterday morning (which took me a bloody long time to write)

I was shocked and saddened to hear about Caroline Flack taking her own life. I loved her on Strictly and wanted her to win from the minute I first saw 'that' Charleston but I hated the fact that she fronted a show like Love Island - the whole premise to me is just repugnant and fuelling this narcissistic world we appear to be living in. I feel as conflicted about her death.

But I am seeing a lot of comments on here and elsewhere blaming social media trolls/the press/the CPS and that, in my opinion, is just far, far too simplistic.

Caroline Flack was a troubled woman. She struggled with depression, which she had talked about often. I have absolutely no doubt she was self medicating with alcohol and illegal drugs.

She had also been charged with a serious domestic assault. From what was already said in court, as the prosecution outlined their case (which they then have to go on prove) she attacked her sleeping boyfriend with a lamp after going through his phone. She had to be physically restrained on the ground by the police. She then flipped over a table at the police station. There was also a very possible suicide attempt at that time as she was found with lacerations to her wrist. I have no doubt she was worried about what would come out at the trial next month and that she was concerned about her future TV career if she was found guilty.

The CPS - the victim in the case, her boyfriend, didn't support the prosecution and was very vocal about his unhappiness that they were banned from seeing or contacting each other including on social media (which they both chose to openly flout) But that is standard practise in domestic abuse cases. Two women a week in this country are murdered by their partners/ex-partners. I've followed enough domestic abuse murder trials to state as fact that it usually it turns out there were many reported (and unreported) incidents over the years and many chances to save them. Lots of victims of domestic abuse and/or coercive control don't support prosecutions for obvious reasons but that is why the CPS push forward with such cases - to try and save lives. According to her management team, the CPS should have dropped the case because Caroline Flack was 'vulnerable'. Ludicrous. That's not the way the law works in this country. The CPS are not to blame here. And it shouldn't be ANY different when the alleged abuser is a woman. Abuse is abuse.

Social media "trolls" - this is a hard one for me because, being interested in the celebrity world for well over twenty years, I have a lot to say and I do comment on online forums and news sites. That said, personally, I have never and would never leave a negative comment on a famous person's social media account no matter how much I want to call them out. That, to me, feels like crossing a line. The word "troll" has been bandied around for a while now with a lot of the bigger accounts on Instagram using it very effectively to whip up sympathy, create content, increase their followers and get themselves in the press - all of which is very lucrative for them. If someone has a negative opinion, that differs from yours, that does not make them a troll. Nor does expressing that negative opinion. But purposefully going after someone directly on social media and being disgusting to them does. But there is always the option of closing your social media accounts if it is getting too much for you.

The press - again, this is a hard one because I do read online media, particularly about celebrities, because it interests me. I'm pretty shallow like that. But, to my mind, if you choose to live your life in the public eye, the media are part of the deal whether you like it or not - it's the trade off for the vast wealth and endless freebies, holidays, fancy clothes, red carpets and opportunities of a lifetime that come with being a celebrity. Were they harder on Caroline Flack because she's a woman? I don't think so. A presenter on one of the biggest shows on TV arrested and charged with domestic assault was always going to be a huge story, male or female, and one the press would go after hard because people are interested and, bottom line, it sells papers/generates clicks online.

Caroline Flack was the epitome of a walking contradiction. On the surface - attractive, funny, lively and entertaining. Look deeper - depressed, troubled and something of a lost soul. Under the influence - insecure, jealous, paranoid, irrational and violent. She was complex. Suicide is complex. And no one really knows what was going through her mind when she took the terrible decision that she did. So, unless she left a note stating that the press and social media were why she was taking this way out, it's just too much of a leap for me to say they were solely to blame when she had a lot of other pretty heavy shit going on.

I feel a real mixture of emotions right now. I'm so sad that she felt like this was her only option and that she couldn't get her life together but it just feels wrong for me to pay a public tribute to someone facing the kind of charges she was so I will simply leave you with her Charleston ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

Han___

All these celebs publicly posting about her now. Where was their public support when she was arrested? Holly, Dermot, etc, none of them would put their neck on the line and support her publicly when she would have wanted it.
Stupid bitch Holly is putting her neck on the line for Phil - hope it blows up in her face

• Heart
Reactions: 41

AC_23

Chatty Member
I don’t know if this has been posted already but I relate to it, don’t think I’m gonna comment on the matter anymore though
100%. I was just about to post something about this actually. Everyone on social media saying she was an amazing lady she didn’t deserve this etc.

You can be a good and bad person. You can have been there for someone in their darkest hour but also have physically assaulted someone. You can be an amazing mother but have slept with your friends partner. We’re not all JUST good or JUST bad.

I’m not saying people should be posting online saying ‘RIP and all that but you did hit your bf with a lamp’ obviously people don’t tend to bring up someone’s bad traits when they’ve just passed away, but given the circumstances I find the out pouring of love for her uncomfortable. A simple ‘really shocked at this news, RIP’ type comment would suffice I think.

• Heart

KLRDN

Sorry for my naivety here but, what has this got to do with fathers4justice. She didn’t have a child so why have they got involved?
Fathers4justice should be considered an extremist group and treated with the same contempt. They absolutely lost sight of why they started and ended up nothing more than a hate group targeting anyone with a fucking vagina. I hate them!

Greys1324

Chatty Member
Come on guys she was someone's daughter/sister/friend and was very much loved, do you not think this should all be dropped now out of respect. She clobbered her boyfriend who more than likely wound her up and made things worse, I myself have been there and so many other people i know. It was blown up, so much she has taken her life and its dreadful
It’s not ok to “clobber” people, as a society we shouldn’t say domestic violence is ok no matter what the circs are.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Could not agree more
I get really angry when people reel out the old "double standard, women get a free pass to abuse" bollocks. Its simply not true. The world is much harder on women. Public opinion is much harsher. Men are allowed to redeem themselves, women are vilified and demonized.
I sound dramatic cos I'm tired after a night shift and I'm not trying to derail this Caroline Flack thread onto a wider feminist argument. What I am saying is that men and women are equally kind, horrible, vicious, gentle as we all human. The difference lies in how our characters are viewed. Gazza will always be a lovable rogue yet he broke his wife's arm!

Apols for lack of coherence but I hope I'm making my point!
Thank you, I was getting sick of the ignorant comments about 'if it was a man, he wouldn't be getting this sympathy'. As you rightly point out, women are judged by much higher standards than men, society is much more forgiving of their bad behaviour especially when they are famous ' boys will be boys' etc.

You rightly point out the Paul Gascoigne is treated like a saint by some football
supporters despite beating his wife on a regular basis, more recently Kobe Bryant has been canonised into sainthood despite raping a 19 year old girl and anyone who dares to mention it has been sent death threats. There are loads more examples of men who have a history of much worse domestic violence like Chris Brown, Gary Oldman, Michael Fassbender, Sean Bean, Tommy Lee, Bobby Brown, Dennis Waterman, Eminem, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Sean Connery, Bill Murray etc who have all gone onto have successfully careers while their abusive backgrounds are ignored.

It's the same situation with men getting away with sexual offences and even rape/paedophilia, like Polansksi, Woody Allen, James Franco, Casey Affleck etc.
Meanwhile Hollywood exiles Winona Ryder for years for the heinous crime of shoplifting.

Of course the biggest example of how the bar is set much higher for women is that Trump became US President after being a reality TV star who was caught bragging about sexually assaulting women and having 20 odd women come forward with sexual assault allegations against him.
But apparently Hillary Clinton wasn't good enough because of her errr...emails.

So yeah, can we forget this ridiculous 'if it was a man' narrative, I suspect some of people pushing it have a misogynist agenda and don't give a damn about male abusers but just go online to attack women.

I am particularly sickened by the persistent poster on here who seems to be wageing a one man hate (or woman) campaign against Caroline and even compared what she has alleged to have done with Brock Turner who was convicted of drugging a college girl and brutally raping and sodomising her unconscious body. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Domestic violence is wrong regardless of gender but Caroline's case would never have been brought to court before the law was changed last year because her bf dropped the charges. The law was quite rightly changed because women have been intimidated and threatened by their partners into dropping charges who then go onto repeat the cycle of violence and even murder their partners (2 women are murdered every week in the UK by their male partner, thousands of women round the world murdered every day) but this doesn't seem to be the case here. From what I understand there was no pattern of abuse but a one off situation and Caroline wasn't an ongoing threat to her boyfriend. Still not excusable but at the same time not worthy of a criminal prosecution considering how many more violent cases I have heard that never come to court.

Certain unsympathetic and judgemental posters have a very black and white view of the world where everyone who is accused of DV is an evil psychopath who needs locking up, completely ignoring the fact that CF has very obvious mental health issues, suffered depression (she was on anti Depressants), history of self harming, which were obviously so severe that she felt no option but to take her own life.

It all suggests that she was much more of a danger to herself than other people What she clearly needed was help, not to be put through the horrendous stress of a trial which the media vultures would have covered with glee.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
In the eyes of most people here it seems, yes!

I don’t know the details of what happened but hearing people talk about “domestic abuse” “brutally beaten” etc it makes her sound like she was kicking the shit of the guy all the time as part of her daily routine.

If it’s true her fella had an affair, she self harmed then threw a lamp at him then some of the comments on here are very sad (and quite scary) if you ask me.

There’s a big difference between calculated brutal attacks & domestic abuse over throwing something at someone as a one off when she was severely depressed and needed mental help.

Abuse (by its very definition) is about being in control and abusing your position/power over someone whether that be mentally, physically or both. She was clearly not in control of even her own self let alone someone else!
Yeah and Brock Turner isnt a rapist because he only raped a girl once and was drunk and totally didnt deserve any punishment or backlash 🙄 Caroline hurt Lewis intentionally - theres no way to excuse that whatever way you try and phrase it

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This is possibly an unpopular opinion, and possibly one some won’t agree with...

It is tragic and sad that Caroline felt she had no other option but to end her life, but she isn’t the only one and won’t be the last. Calling it manslaughter from the media is wrong, it isn’t. People kill them selves every day over mental health issues, stalking, relationship issues, money worries etc but shall we make a petition to stop debt collectors hounding people to get their money back, if so then why not the case that we ban people borrowing the money in the first place?

“Normal” people are bullied every day and there is little action that can be taken for that. Celebrities willingly put themselves in the public eye, I’m not saying they deserve to be bullied, no way am I, but more needs to be done for everyone, not just people in the public eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 38