Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

indescribe

Joe Swash.....attention seeking. All these bloody celebs dining out on her misery, makes me sick. Suicide isn’t fucking brave, battling cancer is brave! Battling sepsis is brave. My opinion.
To actually go and commit suicide is extremely difficult. As someone who has been extremely suicidal and came so close to taking their own life, I couldn't do it. I was scared stiff. For Caroline and many other people who have committed suicide, they can't see a way out for their pain, suicide is the only solution. They will be enduring their darkest days, having suffered with pain to their death. Cancer and sepsis are physical illnesses, don't try to minimise the pain of someone mentally just because it isn't visible, it is uncalled for.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

freda19

VIP Member
I’d wondered on the previous thread if a male (alleged) perpetrator of domestic abuse would prompt the mourning Caroline’s passing has generated.
However I’ve been thinking about it. As we’ve seen with men across the public domain who have been involved in domestic abuse scandals, I can’t think of many who were subject to nearly as much vitriol as Caroline Flack and let’s face it, nowhere near as many men have faced any consequences from their actions.
I don't know about that. When Steph Davis and that Irish guy Jeremy Mc Connell were in a mutually abusive relationship he got ripped to shreds across social media for months on end while Steph got all the sympathy and got her old job back as well. A job she'd been sacked from for ... stuff. It didn't matter that he had witnesses who'd seen and heard him being abused, she had some bruises and he's a big guy so it all fell on him and Steph got a pass for her part in it. He had a fractured jaw and eye damage from being beaten with a bed leg while asleep. Police had to haul Steph off to jail where she spent the night while McConnell went straight to the airport and home to Dublin to have his face sorted out in his local hospital. The pictures of his injuries were horrific. Later she filed charges and he was punished legally. Steph, nothing but more sympathy. The point I'm making is that Steph got a free pass because she's tiny and he's big, but that's not right. Abusers come in all shapes and sizes.
To highlight how wrong that all turned out, Steph is still very troubled and has had to take leave from Hollyoaks to sort herself out yet again, while Jeremy has got clean and is in a stable relationship. He lives with the solicitor lady who handled his case in a stunning home in the country and is a partner in a thriving men's grooming business (I think). So Steph getting all the sympathy didn't help her in battling her demons. McConnell faced his down and beat them.
As for Caroline, what a waste. So sorry for her family dealing with this. :(

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Doc

VIP Member
The amount of people who are spinning this to their own agenda is making me stay off Twitter and insta.

cant they wait until the lass is cold before politicising it?

Reactions: 59

Littl3mou53

I threw a battery at my ex once and the tv remote cos he pissed me off 🤷‍♀️ does that make me an abuser?!

No-one knows for sure exactly what happened that night, other than the 2 of them, and I doubt we ever will know what happened. Innocent till proven guilty and all that.
Actually yeah it does. It’s common assault at least, more of it caused an Injury.
would it be ok if my partner threw items at me because I ‘piss him off’ - no of course not. it’s not ok to throw shit at anyone.
It’s fair to say that the scene, injuries and evidence has built up a fair picture of what occurred. It’s not like she just tickled him is it and that caused the need for hospital Treatment, blood everywhere and smashed glass and lampshade.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Had to come off social media. People saying her death is manslaughter by media? Saying she’s the victim? That the CPS/police should have left her alone?
It’s horrendous she’s died, she didn’t deserve to lose her life over that.
But she attacked someone violently. It’s making me upset that some people are sanitising her image like she is 100% innocent.
Maybe I’m taking this too personally because I grew up in a house with DV but it’s too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Whats_my_name_again

I think the thing we have to remember now, we literally know nothing about her life. We know there was a domestic violence case and she was going to court. Everything else is speculation. I think it's very telling that rags like The Sun are now deleting fucking vile stories they've written about her in recent months. And men DO NOT get the same harassment by the press as women do. I think it's absolutely tragic, her death. So sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Luce0331

VIP Member
Not sticking up for Ant but he had to step down from his presenting roles whilst he went to rehab and went through court proceedings, and Caroline Flack had to step down from this series of Love Island too, she wasn’t sacked
People are dramatising everything like always

• Heart
Reactions: 52

MrsKC1981

I think she’s always come across as a bit of a troubled soul and obviously couldn’t cope with the negative attention towards her. No matter what the situation, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, how she’s been treated by the press and, more importantly, ITV has been nothing short of disgusting. Look at ITVs treatment of Ant McPartlin - he got into a car accident whilst under the influence and thank god didn’t kill anyone or, seriously harm anyone. What did ITV do? Wrapped their arms around him, told him to take off as much time as he needed and that there would be a job for him to come back to. What happened to Caroline? They hung her out to dry whilst the CPS tried to make an example of her and for what reason? Her boyfriend didn’t want to press charges and whilst some feel that that in itself is a sign of manipulation from her part, we will never ever know the truth. I just hope her family has the strength to get through this awful awful time

Reactions: 52

Juliet

Chatty Member
If I see another ‘in a world where you can be anything, be kind’ post I think I’ll scream! No one on earth is 100% kind 100% of the time. Am I just being a fucking bitch or is this not common knowledge? I think it is far more useful to encourage people to love themselves, be confident and not give a flying fuck about what strangers think about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

nobrains

It's so sad to hear about the death of Caroline Flack. But what is really pissing me off is everyone sharing the sad pictures and making big declarations of 'be kind' and spouting all the rubbish. I'm sat there reading some and I'm thinking no Lyndsey, you will continue not to smile at or say hello to people, you will still never ask or take a genuine interest in how people are. You will continue to complain about small and petty things that triggers people anxiety. You will continue to be a hypocrite and jumping on the band wagon wont change that. It is incredibly sad but lots of people contribute to peoples anxiety and depression everyday and they dont care, a famous person commits suicide and they are so so sorry but with no thought for how they make people feel daily. Lyndsey you will continue to be a bitch, so will everyone else I know who is spouting 'be kind'.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

thegirlscout

VIP Member
No, but once her boyfriend withdrew the allegations I really don't think it should have been pursued. Not in the public interest. I'm so glad that when it happened to me I was allowed to withdraw my statement. It would have opened a whole can of worms for me
But so many DV victims are forced to withdraw their statements. If the CPS thought there was enough evidence they should have gone ahead. It’s in the public interest to pursue abusers, otherwise what’s the point of having laws and justice?

• Heart
Reactions: 50

uh-hoe

Looks like justice4fathers had alot to do with it. Sickening. Has anyone else signed stephanie davis petition?
No one should bother wasting their time signing a petition from Stefanie davis. She's calling for the media to be banned. She courts fame and is a walking disaster.
If she wants to live somewhere without a free and fair press I'll donate for her to move to north Korea.
The internet is full of basic people being critical of the crown prosecution service and things they have no clue about. Leave it to the professionals. Thank god the average itv2 viewer doesn't run the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
now the Twitter mob an insta huns are posting about mental health, be kind and the Samaritans phone number. It’s naive at best and reductionism at worse to imply mental health disorders can be treated with kindness and a quick chat to the samaritans
Yes!

Instead of "be kind" it should be... #takeyourmedication #seeadoctor #logoutofsocialmedia #turnyourphoneoff

Actual things that can help a person suffering, rather than how to treat them while letting them suffer

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
ok so.

social media is to blame.
reality tv is to blame,
her boyfriend is to blame,
her friends and family should have done more,
CPS are to blame,
ITV is to blame,
online media is to blame,
the paramedics who made the decision she was safe at home are to blame, people questioning who did the assessment, why wasn’t she taking to hospital? Clearly that’s another place to now lay blame.

so we......

don‘t watch reality tv anymore,
don’t read the news,
don’t log onto twitter or any form of social media, don’t comment, don’t tweet, don’t have an opinion.
don‘t report, don’t prosecute, don’t hold anyone accountable.

Social media, twitter especially hasn’t changed its tone, it hasn’t stopped judging and criticising,
it’s just changed it’s target.

• Heart

newtoyou

VIP Member
It’s such a sad reflection of society that celebs post photos of themselves in their tributes to dead people.

Just look at almost all the old Islanders posting photos they’ve found on Google of Caroline where they’re in it.

Anton and Joe from last year are the worst I’ve seen - literally used blurry screenshots from Aftersun. Amber (old Amber) has a Getty watermark over hers. How hard is it to go find a nice photo of Caroline by herself.

I’d love someone to explain to me why they need to be in the photo because it just screams “hey look at me I knew the dead woman!”. It’s not even like they’re good friends and sharing special memories.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Mental health is at least as important as physical health and it seems clear that she had significant mental health problems.
But mental health will never get the same respect physical health does. This will be another 5 minute thing where everyone focuses on mental health in the press ect because a celeb has commited suicide but in a months time noone will care about mental health again.
Its the same sad story every time. I have mental health issues and because I dont want to kill myself no mental health team will see me, so all I have is my GP. If I broke a leg the fracture clinic would see me regardless of how bad the break was, so why do people need to be at complete breaking point to get help for mental health?

All I can say is I hope Caroline is at peace.

• Heart

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Why is everyone presuming she committed suicide due to "the media". Nobody has a fucking clue what was going on in her mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Greys1324

Chatty Member
It’s very sad and she was obviously in a bad place. If you look at her last Instagram post she looks like she’s under the influence of something. I wished she had got help but I hate that people are going to use her death to say that the Police shouldn’t proceed with convictions when the victims withdraw their statements. Domestic violence is so dangerous and action needs to be taken whether the victim supports it or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 46