Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of the people hashtagging the BE KIND mantra are some of the biggest trolls or make a living from writing pieces for newspaper columns being extremely unkind indeed
total and utter hypocrisy at its best.
watching them blame the CPS ... but if their loved one was struck by a partner with a lamp they’d be singing from a different hymn sheet.
Yes, she was troubled ... I think possibly cocaine could have played a part in both the assault and her mental health... No one knows the absolute truth apart from the boyfriend and Caroline and unfortunately she’s taken that to the grave with her... it’s very very sad it’s easy to make scape goats of the CPS, The Media, ITV, LoveIsland etc
but at the end of the day she committed a serious offence that night and it’s just extremely tragic that she’s paid for it with her life ... May she Rest in Peace

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The same people who are slating "trolls" and the media, are the same ones going to Lewis and Andrew, saying horrible things to them.

Why is it that abuse and bullying are okay if it is women doing it to men?

Why are we being told to #bekind when all of this started because she didnt think about her consequences before she acted?

I do think the loss of life is sad. It's pretty clear Caroline was screwed up. It's even sadder that she apparently has all this support, but none of it there when it mattered.

Yes she was vulnerable, but does that mean she should get off with a slap on the wrist for what is actually a very serious charge? No. If it was a male, women would be playing the feminist card begging for justice.

One in six men will be a victim of domestic abuse. Not that much different to the one in four women. Treat it the same. Abuse is abuse.
It didn't go to court so you have no idea how it could or would of turned out...

To be honest I think alot of cases, celeb or not should not be reported on until proven guilty

Alot of innocent people have unfortunately had their lives ruined due to false accusations. Even when they are proven not guilty they never get their lives back the same. Maybe not reporting could stop this

Very sad in some cases

Reactions: 10
I just came on to say this news has really bothered me today - what kind of state must she have been in, that poor woman and I’m so sad about the devastation she leaves behind for those who knew and loved her. It’s such a cruel waste of a life and I think I’m most bothered that once the dust settles, she’ll be forgotten and someone else will be the play thing for the media and trolls...we learn nothing and thrive on the misery or knowing someone’s life is worse than ours 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 24
If you'd actually read what I’d said I said no one actually knows what happened, including me, everyone has there opinions & point of views & thats exactly why we are where we are now. No one knows apart from who was involved but still it was in the papers. Is that right? Ok? Fair? Actually legal? & yes I do believe that papers shouldn’t be able to report unless there actually found guilty in any matter BUT we trust our courts to do the right thing to the people who deserve it. For the record I actually wasn’t Caroline’s biggest fan not for any particular reason apart from I thought there were better presenters but I’ve never said a bad word about her. I just wouldn’t, unless they really deserve it (pedophiles/murderers etc)
Surprising to see an advocate of censorship on a gossip website

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Abuse is not just abuse.

Two cases of abuse are never the same.

Sentencing reflects this.

Murder is exactly the same and a very simple example to give is this:

Most people that premeditate murder and try to inflict as much pain/suffering/injury on their victims as possible receive higher sentencing than those that kill in the spur of the moment in a moment of rage maybe not inflicting as much damage/injury to their victim.

No murders are ever exactly the same.

Sentencing reflects this.

Reactions: 8
I'm not sure why I keep thinking about Paula Yates alongside Caroline Flack tonight. Amost the same age when they died. Both troubled souls but hopeless romantics. So sad.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It's just sad, to think how lonely she must of felt.

At the end of the day we are all humans and some are not as strong as others unfortunately.

You really don't know what's going on in other peoples minds or hearts.

Reactions: 6
Totally disagree with this, I was in a very violent & emotional abusive relationship. I left (eventually) & took my children to a woman’s refuge. I don’t believe with her it was a prolonged abusive relationship. I believe she was drunk & made a mistake, lashed out which is still not ok but we’ve all made mistakes, although my ex was the abuser I definitely lashed out at least once from the emotional abuse & there’s a difference between domestic violence & a one off, it’s never ok but domestic abusive is not a one off. Truth is we don’t know. She Pled not guilty. Her boyfriend denies it & stuck by her & the court case was ongoing so who are you to say coz she died she’s “the victim”. I’m so bad at expressing how I feel in writing but basically what I’m saying is

She was accused as you said yourself. Not sentenced. Her boyfriend stood by her

I was in a very violent & emotionally abusive relationship that went on for years before I finally took my children to a woman’s refuge but do we actually know 100% she violently attacked someone?! No. He’s denied it. She’s denied it & it was going to court. I’ve heard other stories about where the blood came from. She was self harming & he caught her?! She’s taken her own life. What is it you exactly want? From experiencing what I’ve been through I don’t believe she was like that, I believe it was a drunk emotional one off, still not ok at all but I don’t think she was a consistent violent, emotional abuser BUT the truth is none of us actually know what happened & that’s exactly why this has happened. Who are we to comment. People trolling, talking, speculating, gossiping, hating. At the end of the day this was a private matter no matter the situation & should have stayed that way. Why was it ever allowed so public. Especially before a GUILTY verdict in COURT OF LAW not bloody daily mail or the sun. We’re only humans & theres a bleeping lot worse humans in the world. I believe she didn’t deserve this & it could have been prevented 💔
That's all very well but her last ex hinted at a similar style of relationship to what the cops found that night with lewis. The ex (the BB guy) even liked posts about female on male DV on twitter/inst and tellingly posted an image of an NDA, which has been taken as him saying he signed one and thus cannot openly comment. So maybe liking posts about it was as much as he could do to support the guy he saw as another victim. Until Lewis denied being a victim. The ex actually went to Australia to get away from the messy break up with CF, which is pretty extreme. So it may not be a one off incident. Nor should it remain private if it's an on going issue. It had to be addressed, especially after she also went nuts at the cops that night and flipped over a table in her anger so she certainly had a whopper of a temper.
None of us are saints, we are all flawed. I think Caroline just couldn't face the disgrace that airing her flaws in court would bring. Which is sad. If she had found it in herself to admit her part in the mess then it might indeed have been brushed aside by the busy cops as something the couple should deal with privately, but needing restrained by cops at the flat and going postal in the cop shop sealed the deal for charging her that night.
It's sad but it's nobody's fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just watched a video on Steph Davis Instagram and even she says the blood in that photo was Carolines, and she knew her. She seems devestated in the video 😢
I’ve heard conflicting from others who know him. Not saying either are true but none of us know what happened. But just don’t think this was the bigger picture anyway....

Reactions: 1
It’s all very murky isn’t it though and there are lots of ‘yes but what ifs’.

For example, yes but what if they’d retraced it all after he said he didn’t want to press charges and she said she wasn’t guilty, but then there was another incident where she did actually kill him? Or he left her and she did it to someone else? Sounds drastic I know and I’m not trying to say that would have happened or that she was necessarily capable of murder, but what would have happened if that did happen? CPS would have had his blood on their hands then wouldn’t they for not prosecuting a more minor assault? And then the media/social media storm would have been even worse.

I’m just saying, what happened, happened. There could have been a number of different scenarios if things had happened even slightly differently. Doesn’t take away the fact that it’s just all really sad though 😕
youre very right and my thoughts exactly.
A mate of mine went for a job in school and they throughly investigated her. She was so oddneded till I pointed out;
OK what if something happened in one of your boys (she has 3) schools that was seemingly down to s classroom attendant who hadn’t been background checkd!? Little odd topic but same thing x

Reactions: 3
I was speaking with my fiance about this. A real double-standard for sure. If a man carried out abuse like she apparently did they would not get this same reaction. I think it is tragic that she felt the only option was to kill herself but some people seem to have forgotten what she was accused of.

I feel so sad for her family, boyfriend. And also her Frenchie dog who must have been so scared being in the flat while Caroline was dead :(
But haven’t we all been at some point in a ‘situation’ with our partners?! I know I have, I’ve thrown things out of sheer temper but luckily they’ve always missed! I’m going back 20yrs ago before we were married & had a family .. but we had drunken fueled nights & we just kinda got over them! Don’t get me wrong i don’t condone any kind of physical abuse, but I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t got into a situation with my partner.. I feel we’re all too quick to judge

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Wonder how Laura Whitmore is feeling, I see her beau has posted a heavenly tribute to CF. Must be a bit uncomfortable for them when all
is said and done.
I’d be examining my work goals post this.

Not fan of Laura, have heard stories of her self-gain prerogatives.
It's nothing to do with Laura. Why would she or her 'beau' feel uncomfortable? Nor is it owt to do with her work goals or "self gain prerogatives" whatever the heck that means. She didn't nick Caroline's job out from under her. She was offered the gig after Caroline's suspension and accepted it and Caroline contacted her wishing her all the best. End of.
People leave jobs or get suspended for all sorts of reasons. It's not the replacement's fault.
Gawd I've heard it all now.:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 45
OMG I just saw this on nine website and I feel so sad for her. I suffer from mental illness and I now how hard it is. It especially must be so hard being a public figure. I will miss her on love island. I really don’t think it has been the same since she left.

Reactions: 1
He's on holiday with his girlfriend and hasn't commented. This has probably knocked him for six. They were a great team.
Or even Harry Styles. Weren't they in a relationship? I know he was v young but I am sure he is shocked too.

Reactions: 2
Yes your right only the coroner can issue the death certificate ..if drugs toxicology, if hanging plain to see and still a post mortem is needed ..there could be other factors notes, text messages that have unofficially confirmed it to be suicide ...That's why her family and lawyer have released the cause of death so early, wouldn't make any sense if foul play were suspected...
My brother hanged himself but because there was no note the Coroner recorded his death as an open verdict

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.