Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a post on her stories right now where you can see her skin flakes all over the carpet. I know it's the reality of living with particular skin conditions, but ever since @bigbigsound told us about Carly's attitude towards the cleaners and her skin, I'm completely skeeved out by her.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it’s completely wrong to expect cleaners to just be cool with that.

Reactions: 2
I'm ish new to following Carly.

I'm asking this in all honesty not really knowing her disability or background.

Is there a intellectual disability with her also?

• Haha

I don’t think so she’s one who loves attention and calling out every single person for thinks like captions and not putting the words relating to the pic.

She has no intellectual disability, I could never snark on her if she did. She has painintheassitis 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
There's a post on her stories right now where you can see her skin flakes all over the carpet. I know it's the reality of living with particular skin conditions, but ever since @bigbigsound told us about Carly's attitude towards the cleaners and her skin, I'm completely skeeved out by her.
Professional cleaners usually have bagless vacuums so I'd be leaving too. It's a terrible reality of Carly's disability but she seemed aware of the cleaning that was actually required. Not to mention the cleaners lost income that day.

• Angry
I can’t stand this dropkick of a human, and expecting cleaners to clean up her bleeping leprosy she leaves everywhere, is the absolute height of entitlement and privilege she cries she doesn’t have.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
She has no intellectual disability, I could never snark on her if she did. She has painintheassitis 😂
She seems to be socially/emotionally quite stunted. I guess it is probably from not having many friends during her childhood. In her book she mentions she would spend lunch times in the library or in the school office because other kids didn't want to play with her. My observation of a lot of her interactions with others and the stuff she tweets/posts on Instagram is that her behaviour is quite childlike.

Reactions: 6
She seems to be socially/emotionally quite stunted. I guess it is probably from not having many friends during her childhood. In her book she mentions she would spend lunch times in the library or in the school office because other kids didn't want to play with her. My observation of a lot of her interactions with others and the stuff she tweets/posts on Instagram is that her behaviour is quite childlike.
That is the impression I got.

I would never make remarks about an intellectual disability which is why I asked the question as I am not sure about her disability.

I just find her interaction with people is really socially awkward. Yes people have their own style. But how she dresses?! calling it 'toddler chic'?! I honestly thought she behaved really childlike and was beyond shocked she was 40.

That's very sad that other kids didn't want to play with her. I haven't read her book, but that seems to explain why she is so fixated on how chlidren respond to her now.

I agree, she does come across childlike at times. And very spoilt. It's almost like no one has ever told her no, and that she was always told she's the smartest and the most special. The way she reacts when she receives constructive criticism displays a real lack of emotional maturity, I think.

Reactions: 5
That's very sad that other kids didn't want to play with her. I haven't read her book, but that seems to explain why she is so fixated on how chlidren respond to her now.

I agree, she does come across childlike at times. And very spoilt. It's almost like no one has ever told her no, and that she was always told she's the smartest and the most special. The way she reacts when she receives constructive criticism displays a real lack of emotional maturity, I think.
There’s no emotional maturity in anything she does, posts or writes. She’s a fifteen year old stuck in a forty year olds body. She’s extremely entitled - the incident with the cleaners outlines this pretty well. I feel like her time has been and gone when it comes to her writing career.

As for the OAM. I was just like, whaaaaaaaat? I know a hundred other people who have done more for their community than she has. She hasn’t really done anything, which reminds me of Stella Young’s TED talk about getting awards for just getting up in the morning. I thought it was so righteous of her to not announce or accept the award on Invasion Day, but she was fine with taking the award from the empire the next day. You can’t have it both ways, hun.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There’s no emotional maturity in anything she does, posts or writes. She’s a fifteen year old stuck in a forty year olds body. She’s extremely entitled - the incident with the cleaners outlines this pretty well. I feel like her time has been and gone when it comes to her writing career.

As for the OAM. I was just like, whaaaaaaaat? I know a hundred other people who have done more for their community than she has. She hasn’t really done anything, which reminds me of Stella Young’s TED talk about getting awards for just getting up in the morning. I thought it was so righteous of her to not announce or accept the award on Invasion Day, but she was fine with taking the award from the empire the next day. You can’t have it both ways, hun.
Quick to pop it on her Insta bio though 🤭

Reactions: 3
I missed that! Can you give a description of events??

No one needs to see this. Her vanity is thru the roof.

Attachments

Last edited:
I missed that! Can you give a description of events??
It wasn't my anecdote @Mindy The post was on page 6 of this thread. Have quoted it below for you to read.
Sorry for the long post, but here goes!

Carly did a keynote presentation at an event related to my work recently and it definitely raised some eyebrows. Of particular note was the extremely detailed story she told about discrimination she experienced while moving house recently.

She had arranged for bond cleaners, but did not inform them that it would require a deep clean (which costs more) due to 17 years of her skin throughout the property. They turned up and refused to clean it, which caused her so much stress she had to change her work days. She went into detail about how she did not believe she should have to report the extra requirements of this job and that this is an example of how people with disability are held to different expectations.

Later in her speech, she spoke at length about how she is at greater risk of covid due to disability and compromised immunity, and how society/workplaces are not respectful of accommodating those needs.

Afterwards, the discussion amongst my colleagues was:
- Cannot imagine the state of the place if there was so much visible dead skin over the property that the cleaners refused to do the job.
- Cleaners are often (but not always!) low income earners from diverse, vulnerable backgrounds who do incredibly hard work. They deserve the dignity of being informed about or prepared for the nature of the work they are required to do, and if the job is not requested honestly, they should not be forced to do it.
- The complete disrespect for the health of the cleaners, which is ironic given her comments about the lack of respect for her increased risk of covid. She does not know anything about their risk profile but does not consider it. The amount of bacteria that would accumulate on 17 years of dead skin is revolting.

The whole thing was… interesting.

Reactions: 1
I read that post! I was talking about the Instagram story you mentioned.
Sorry! It was a pic of dark coloured carpet in her new apartment with flakes all over it and from memory a caption saying she hadn't vacuumed yet. It just made me feel sick because she obviously lets it pile up over days 🤢

• Sick
Sorry! It was a pic of dark coloured carpet in her new apartment with flakes all over it and from memory a caption saying she hadn't vacuumed yet. It just made me feel sick because she obviously lets it pile up over days 🤢
She’s often said that she has a cleaner that pops in once a week. I’d be on the Hoover every day 😳

Reactions: 1