Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have been following Carly for a couple of years. Love her fashion, and her passion for advocacy. She has made me pause and consider issues I never would have been exposed to without following her account. I'm here to snark on the fact that she is sick of having to "provide people with info" when nobody is actually asking her to, as per her post today about her incident at the petrol station.

Maybe I'm just being a privileged witch though 🤷‍♀️

20211216_173541.jpg

Anyway, her name has popped up a few times in the influencer threads (which I don't follow because I don't follow anyone except Carly and Emmylou Loves) and I thought maybe we could use a dedicated thread.

Thoughts?

20211216_174548.jpg

20211216_174603.jpg

20211216_174614.jpg

Reactions: 3
I know, I know lol

I just love all the colour. I basically live in black and wish I had the balls to pull off all the colour and prints and patterns.

I'm done with carly after the salvos stuff. You cant expect people to be perfect all the time when you support such a disgusting organisation. She tells people to research beforehand and do better but the rules dont apply to her. Massive hypocrite.

Reactions: 21
Does anyone else find it a little off putting that she somehow managed to weave in a plug for her book?
She almost always weaves in a plug for her book.

What happened with the salvos?
She did a sponsored post for them a few days ago, about buying pre-loved stuff for Christmas.

A few people let her know in the comments that the salvos aren't as great as they like to make out they are (there's a long history of abuse, and they're also quite anti LBQTIQA+ and sex workers). She posted a comment thanking people and said something like 'my message still stands, go to some kind of other op shop'.

She always preaches about people 'doing better', she never gives anyone the benefit of the doubt and yet when she stuffs something up herself (I mean, how hard it is to google the background of a company you're working with?) we get a half-arsed comment apology.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I have shared this before but once many years ago now Carly blocked me after I genuinely didn’t understand why something was racist and I asked for clarification only to be told it isn’t her job to educate people on such things. But like… you act as though it is? And I think you actually do earn a living from this? So… is it not? She actually had an opportunity to educate me and instead blocked me. And it wasn’t even on her post.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I have shared this before but once many years ago now Carly blocked me after I genuinely didn’t understand why something was racist and I asked for clarification only to be told it isn’t her job to educate people on such things. But like… you act as though it is? And I think you actually do earn a living from this? So… is it not? She actually had an opportunity to educate me and instead blocked me. And it wasn’t even on her post.
Carly always seems to have a pet peeve, whether that's calling out abelism at a runway show, making sure Instagram posts have captions, or that little children don't say anything to her that isn't to her liking- she will shove this down our throats and demand we do better but!!!!! IT'S NOT HER JOB TO EDUCATE US 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

However, if you did find her posts/ blogging useful, you can support her by buying her a drink.

And don't you dare try to educate her on matters like the Salvation Army, she's above that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you for making this thread. She has been shitting me to tears recently and I wanted to come on here and have a whine, bit I'm pleased someone beat me to it!
God she's bleeping annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really deliberated over whether to start this thread or not, because I feel the same as you @FreddyFrog. I think @Blueshirts summed it up perfectly - there is always a pet peeve, people are just not up to her standards and we all need to do better and then buy her a drink for deigning to educate us.

Obviously I was called out yesterday as The Most Awful Person Ever for opening this thread. We discuss all kinds of Instagram personalities here, so I don't think that she should be off limits simply because she has a disability. On that note, she who shall not be named (hello 👋🏼 we know you're reading along all the same) has a real fixation with telling people they're "raising terrible people." That'll get me another shout out 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Obviously I was called out yesterday as The Most Awful Person Ever for opening this thread. We discuss all kinds of Instagram personalities here, so I don't think that she should be off limits simply because she has a disability. On that note, she who shall not be named (hello 👋🏼 we know you're reading along all the same) has a real fixation with telling people they're "raising terrible people." That'll get me another shout out 😆
The stuff Carly reshared was virtually the same as what was posted here, minus the “can’t judge someone’s parenting from a tiny interaction” comments 🤷🏻‍♀️

I like Carly generally, have learnt a bit and bought her a drink on her website a few times. I found the Salvos stuff a bit icky as I had been to their church once with a friend and it gave me such awful vibes. So so horrible. I would like to see her say “here are better options” to support.

Reactions: 5
I used to follow Carly back in the day when everyone had a blog. I've always found her a bit insufferable. The way she writes is like she knows absolutely everything and the rest of us don't. She somehow manages to whine about everything yet like so many of the narcissistic blogger types she loves to act like we should all be jealous of her life and that's she's the only person in the world who does things the correct way. Very odd.

Reactions: 9
I used to follow Carly back in the day when everyone had a blog. I've always found her a bit insufferable. The way she writes is like she knows absolutely everything and the rest of us don't. She somehow manages to whine about everything yet like so many of the narcissistic blogger types she loves to act like we should all be jealous of her life and that's she's the only person in the world who does things the correct way. Very odd.
Same, I used to read her blog when blogging was the tit. I get that she has played an important role in advocating for those living with disability, but she can calm down on the holier than thou act. She willfully injects herself into so many conversations on social media everyday, patronising the great unwashed in the name of education, and then demands compensation for something that's not " her job". The Salvos scenario has just proven she's a hypocrite

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's most definitely the holier than thou attitude that shits me. Everything you've all said above is spot on.

She has no humility at all, even when she's not right.

So vain to just post love for yourself in your stories. Yikes. Sometimes I feel that people like this need the constant attention and I really feel like Carly would flounder without attention all the time.

Reactions: 4
Ugh she is a vile human being. Ok fair enough your disability or your different look shouldn’t affect how people see you in regards to work etc but she’s so bleeping bad at everything she does. She used to be known for her “style” how laughable. A clothing donation bin could spew out a better outfit than anything she put together.

She doesn’t want to be judged by her disability or differences but she’s literally made a career out of them and talking about them NON STOP. Which is it! Pick a lane.

Not only is she a perpetual victim but any valid criticism she receives is met by either blocking or attempting to publicly shame/doxx someone. She is a nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 7
Two recent examples of how insufferable she is.
Isn't correcting spelling ableist?
Well yes. It isn’t great when people misspell names but it’s also ableist to complain particularly in an informal setting. It isn’t like she has paid for fine dining level service with that place card is it.

Reactions: 5