Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m newish to tattle and new to this thread. I have a lot to say about Carly. But I will just say one thing for now because people may be missing it.
Carly may not be immunocompromised or at higher risk because of her condition but the risks she’d face in hospital may make it dangerous for her. That’s kinda where I am in that I’m a wheelchair user and although some people with my disability are immunocompromised I am not. However it’s likely that I’d struggle being out of my own environment and need additional support that may not being available as well as having to deal with people’s assumptions potentially affecting care. etc.

I could see the same applying to Carly - if she got ill/ended up in hospital she may not be able to do all the treatments she needs to for her skin and then end up in a vicious circle. Of course it would be nice if she made that clear and used her platform to campaign for improvements.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m newish to tattle and new to this thread. I have a lot to say about Carly. But I will just say one thing for now because people may be missing it.
Carly may not be immunocompromised or at higher risk because of her condition but the risks she’d face in hospital may make it dangerous for her. That’s kinda where I am in that I’m a wheelchair user and although some people with my disability are immunocompromised I am not. However it’s likely that I’d struggle being out of my own environment and need additional support that may not being available as well as having to deal with people’s assumptions potentially affecting care. etc.

I could see the same applying to Carly - if she got ill/ended up in hospital she may not be able to do all the treatments she needs to for her skin and then end up in a vicious circle. Of course it would be nice if she made that clear and used her platform to campaign for improvements.
Yes, but it’s so hypocritical when she gets on her high horse about removalists not showing her their private medical details one minute and then brags about hugging semi-famous people the next.

Reactions: 8
She’s complaining on IG stories about an “influx of angry vegans” on her post about cheese. There is seriously one comment. It strikes me as really hypocritical that she can’t handle someone advocating for a just cause that they believe in online when it’s literally what she does for a living. She inserts herself all the time in issues that don’t directly affect her to advocate for disability rights so why is it not ok for someone to do the same for animal rights? Also massively hypocritical for her to paint all vegans with the same brush when she talks about how hurtful it is when people judge her without knowing her. What happened to saying hello?

Reactions: 10
She’s complaining on IG stories about an “influx of angry vegans” on her post about cheese. There is seriously one comment. It strikes me as really hypocritical that she can’t handle someone advocating for a just cause that they believe in online when it’s literally what she does for a living. She inserts herself all the time in issues that don’t directly affect her to advocate for disability rights so why is it not ok for someone to do the same for animal rights? Also massively hypocritical for her to paint all vegans with the same brush when she talks about how hurtful it is when people judge her without knowing her. What happened to saying hello?
She must have deleted the post and stories as I can’t see it. Can see her page.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She must have deleted the post and stories as I can’t see it. Can see her page.
It might have been on her restricted list or whatever its called. A friend of mine knows her through mutual friends irl and they showed me the story.

Reactions: 5
Imagine if someone called her “angry”. She’d be yelling ‘ableism’ from the Rooftops. Carly can have opinions, but no one else can. As far as I’ve seen, all she advocates for are freebies and d grade celebs.

Reactions: 10
my friend told me she was showing off on her private stories that she cut short her interview with the disability royal commission to attend the darren hayes thing, and she seemed to be proud of it. she even said she told them that that's why she had to cut it short. what an advocate she is, that some meeting with a singer trumps an interview with a royal commission. i can only imagine their response - well obviously you don't take this very seriously, so neither will we. what an insult to people with disabilities that she claims to work tirelessly for. it's one thing to do it, but then to actually be like proud of it or showing off about it is just next level. i can only imagine how insufferable she would have been on the zoom - talking over and one upping everyone else. her obsession with him is bleeping bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
my friend told me she was showing off on her private stories that she cut short her interview with the disability royal commission to attend the darren hayes thing, and she seemed to be proud of it. she even said she told them that that's why she had to cut it short. what an advocate she is, that some meeting with a singer trumps an interview with a royal commission. i can only imagine their response - well obviously you don't take this very seriously, so neither will we. what an insult to people with disabilities that she claims to work tirelessly for. it's one thing to do it, but then to actually be like proud of it or showing off about it is just next level. i can only imagine how insufferable she would have been on the zoom - talking over and one upping everyone else. her obsession with him is bleeping bizarre.
A new low.

She likes to make out that she knows him personally so I think secretly she would have been devastated that it wasn’t a one on one zoom.

She likes to make out that she knows him personally so I think secretly she would have been devastated that it wasn’t a one on one zoom.
I'm sure she would have dominated the zoom and made it all about her! A conversation with Carly, feat. Darren Hayes

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And don't not look at her. But don't look at her too much. Honestly, having to deal with her must be so exhausting.

Reactions: 7
That zoom would have just been all about her. She would have interrupted, spoken over everyone.

The fact she ended an important call for that?! Speaks volumes.

Get over yourself Findlay.

Reactions: 4
Do we think this is about Dylan Alcott? She’s been frosty about him for a long time.

0F95CACA-8035-4F09-A9ED-DF32A90B6A18.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11