Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am relieved to find this thread! I used to follow Carly but began to find her v self indulgent, self righteous and constantly searching for scenarios to play the victim.

Long one and I’ll see if I can find pics of the thread - I remember she was in a Gorman outfit of the day group and a member had got sunburnt through a netted shirt (because of the nature of the shirt - it had left star shaped sunburn patches) and was warning others that the netting wasn’t sun proof but also having a giggle at the situation. Carly posted on the thread - all angry saying sunburn isn’t something to be made fun of as people often think she has sunburn - the poster was like “….” um I think we can all agree sunburn is bad but like I have literal stars on my chest. Carly wasn’t satisfied until the poster had apologised for the post! As if she owns (and can take offence to) anything within the realm of sun damage! No one had tagged her - she just took it upon herself to make herself a victim and literally forced an apology. The biggest reach I have seen!

The Dylan Alcott comment got me too - “lame” means “unable to walk” - which is likely where the phrase gets its negative connotations from if used outside of that context. The absolute cheek to tell someone - who actually has that specific disability- that he cannot use that term (unsolicited) is wild to me. And to make out that SHE is doing him a favour is just wow. I think she’s just insanely jealous as he is “in” with the cool crowd that she constantly forces herself into (who let her in lest they get accused of ableism).

Found it! Thanks Carly - without you, grown women wouldn’t know that sunburn can be harmful!!!!! 🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am relieved to find this thread! I used to follow Carly but began to find her v self indulgent, self righteous and constantly searching for scenarios to play the victim.

Long one and I’ll see if I can find pics of the thread - I remember she was in a Gorman outfit of the day group and a member had got sunburnt through a netted shirt (because of the nature of the shirt - it had left star shaped sunburn patches) and was warning others that the netting wasn’t sun proof but also having a giggle at the situation. Carly posted on the thread - all angry saying sunburn isn’t something to be made fun of as people often think she has sunburn - the poster was like “….” um I think we can all agree sunburn is bad but like I have literal stars on my chest. Carly wasn’t satisfied until the poster had apologised for the post! As if she owns (and can take offence to) anything within the realm of sun damage! No one had tagged her - she just took it upon herself to make herself a victim and literally forced an apology. The biggest reach I have seen!

The Dylan Alcott comment got me too - “lame” means “unable to walk” - which is likely where the phrase gets its negative connotations from if used outside of that context. The absolute cheek to tell someone - who actually has that specific disability- that he cannot use that term (unsolicited) is wild to me. And to make out that SHE is doing him a favour is just wow. I think she’s just insanely jealous as he is “in” with the cool crowd that she constantly forces herself into (who let her in lest they get accused of ableism).

Found it! Thanks Carly - without you, grown women wouldn’t know that sunburn can be harmful!!!!! 🙄🙄🙄
duck she’s painful

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Also - I actually tried to read her book and checked out the reviews as my view of it certainly didn’t align with the raving I was seeing (which, given my views are subjective is fair). BUT her replies to some of the reviews - my god. Some reviews were a bit nasty, I’ll give her that, but some just said it was repetitive - to which she would reply passive aggressively “well ablism is repetitive”. No babes, your book is just poorly written and dull. I think she even shared a review to Twitter and ranted about it haha.

She also added her own review of her book online - like how great the book has been for her! Astonishing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Also - I actually tried to read her book and checked out the reviews as my view of it certainly didn’t align with the raving I was seeing (which, given my views are subjective is fair). BUT her replies to some of the reviews - my god. Some reviews were a bit nasty, I’ll give her that, but some just said it was repetitive - to which she would reply passive aggressively “well ablism is repetitive”. No babes, your book is just poorly written and dull. I think she even shared a review to Twitter and ranted about it haha.

She also added her own review of her book online - like how great the book has been for her! Astonishing!
Haha I'd love to find her review

Reactions: 6
I think it’s on Goodreads (?). From memory it’s super long and incredibly self indulgent.

Yep that’s the one!

“Jealousy is rife. I’ve lost friends. I’ve told many people that they too can write a book if they don’t like my words. But I’m doing ok.”
🙄🙄🙄

You don’t need to be jealous and/or an author to not like a book or provide valid criticism. Did I miss the memo when she was appointed a judge for the Nobel prize for literature??

• Haha
Reactions: 8

She gave it five stars 😳

Admittedly, I didn’t read the book because I’d heard that it was basically all cobbled together blog posts. I’ve read her blog and it’s so, so badly written. I’ve never read anything I thought was ‘good’ of hers and doubt any of us ever will.

Reactions: 4
Those Goodreads reviews look suspiciously like she's asked people to put up reviews to support her. Very, very unusual to have so many five-star reviews on a book hardly anyone has heard of.

Reactions: 7
I think she does. It’s alluded to in this review. Though she clearly doesn’t take kindly to the result when the review doesn’t add to her echo chamber of applause!
Don’t all books get bad reviews? She takes herself way too seriously and can’t deal with any criticism or opinions Looking on a friends goodreads just now and there are far too many four and five star reviews. Also, I can’t believe she compared herself to Jane Harper (whose book I did actually read) and Liane Moriarty 🤔😳🤣

• Haha