Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
Well this is interesting, that tweet that Tate latched onto, somebody has now added Community Notes linking to the Your Harlow and Daily Mail articles.

1719214301952.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
It's too early but i would like to register an interest in "Harlow... is it me you're looking for?" as a thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
OK which one of you is Blocked & Reported's Tattle correspondent?????
They've covered the Salty Allotment in their latest Premium episode 😮
---

• Wow
  • Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
I would 100% be thinking of contacting the Police now. She’s got the £, the allotment never came to anything, she’s deleting her social media presence.

If it sounds like fraudulent activity, looks like fraudulent activity and smells like fraudulent activity then it possibly is…..

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
It’s the 10 million Harlow residents she said she’d fed FOR FREE that I feel sorry for, presumably since she totally abandoned them they’re all now dead or something

• Haha
  • Sad

Lazarus

VIP Member
Every time she says children are our future adults, I want someone to come and take my eyes out of my head.
I’ve seen enough.

• Haha
She claimed "Whiskers" are pro-bono. I've updated the wiki. £173,864 unaccounted for by my reckoning.

ETA: Can someone check my maths? Not sure if she has given out eight or nine cheques. https://tattle.life/wiki/carly-burd-salty-allotment
The cheque presented to Herts Meals 2022 CIC means:

Unaccounted = £173865
---
Carly has presented a cheque for £7692 to a CIC which is the trading name of a woman who was declared bankrupt on 5 February 2024.

Herts Meals Cheque.png

JD ta HMCIC.png

Jacqueline Daniels Bankruptcy.png

Source: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4549437

Last edited:
  • Wow

pumbilical cord

Chatty Member
Maybe she has lost thousands, not by theft but because publicising the patreon income in December, along with a cheeky "update" alerted her remaining (356?) patrons, especially the upcoming January annual renewers, to the situation and they finally cancelled. Jack had always kept the income secret, but also turned off the subscriber count immediately after this incident (depriving the canal of one of our monthly joys) which is a bit sus imo.
Wrong thread!
All grifters are interchangeable tenderbetty 💕

• Haha

lilykestrel

VIP Member
Yeah the owner said she's been having to 'self fund' the refreshments for course goers up until now (like any fucking business doing similar has to)

• Wow
  • Angry

ForgettyBetty

VIP Member
I don't understand why people are allowed to continually set up companies then dissolve them (presumably with debts) over and over. There's one chap connected with that lot who is currently director of 19 companies, and has dissolved or resigned from (if memory serves) 1,655 more!
SO DODGY

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Carly didn't help herself by responding to questions about the money with 'wait and see on Companies House'. That is saying 'I will only do the statutory minimum that is required of me'. This is an unbelievable thing for someone running a community donations appeal that raised £250k but did not spend it on what they said they would to say.

Clovis

VIP Member
The date of testing the soil isn't particularly relevant.

The crucial point is that the money donated wasn't even needed in the end. Volunteers donated their time and labour to repair the allotment and businesses donated materials. As far as I can tell, not a penny of the £250k was used in the clean up.

And after all that, C**** decided to abandon the allotment, handed out some attention seeking comedy cheques, refused to explain what's going to happen with the remaining £160k, then promptly disappeared.

fdrtwrmfa02d1.gif