Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Joking aside, a serious well done to those of you who kept a focus on this grifter. Both on the threads and by raising queries with various government agencies, including the very important aspect of data protection. Or lack of same.

That reporter no doubt relied on your impressive knowledge of how she botched the whole thing, especially when it came to the way in which the money raised should have been administered.
If she had put the money in a CIC or charity back in April 2023 I don't think we would be here now. Her complete lack of transparency made her all the more compelling to follow. She has passed the point where it can be passed off as bloody mindedness. If I had nothing to hide and national newspapers were at my door I would publish every detail to prove my innocence. Never been more convinced she has pocketed the money.

Reactions: 21

lilykestrel

VIP Member
She could have made the content more Linked-inny

I saw this pile of bread and it showed me the truth about synergy and matrix management and project governance

• Haha
  • Heart
"cheque presentations" 😂

"She wasn’t able to confirm, at this point, how the £7,692 would be spent." But surely these organisations told Carly how the money would be spent when they applied?

"We indicated that we would follow up (as with all the organisations) during the summer." Oh yeah, this is never going to be dropped.

"There may be those, (including those who donated as part of the £254,000 GoFundMe Page) who may question why their money has gone to music groups, build your brand seminars, meals on wheels, to name just a few? Why not allotments? One of the ironies appears to be that the funding came from an allotment-based initiative. However, it appears that not a single allotment organisation in Harlow has accepted one of the cheques." OUCH!

"We know of at least one trustee who has quit their position due to a particular community interest company (CIC) accepting the cash." OH MY GOD

The council got the last laugh, forcing her to reject them. She looks like a crook now (she already did, but more so).

"We have asked how much money is left on a number of occasions and not received a definitive answer." He needs an award.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Clovis

VIP Member
Why on earth would anyone, apart from the authorities, willingly get in touch with Andrew Tate? Doesn't C**** follow the news?
giphy (2).gif

Didn't have this on my bingo card. Jack Monroe or Simon Harris perhaps, but Andrew Tate???

• Haha
Let's go YH!! I hope they get some recognition for this work.

Why do local and national (and even international!) news get so excited over these things at the beginning, jizzing all over themselves and each other in the rush the cover the story, and are then nowhere to be seen when it inevitably goes tits up? What does this really say about their attitudes to those in need?
They'd have to admit that they fell for a social media hoax and gave it uncritical coverage instead of doing their due diligence on the initial story.

How anyone fell for those fake tears on the tiktok is beyond me, and that goes double for experienced journalists.

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Loving red and green squig. Donna was the person saying the council had libelled 🙄 Carly. She’s not returned to the conversation to defend her friend

59DCA6D6-FD41-4FA3-9ABF-CC7F72681E57.jpeg

4D71F412-903F-4E95-9667-8EE9F97A061B.jpeg

2488BD4C-8EDB-4BAA-8C72-8DC888148D6E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m off down a DEPHER rabbit hole - I knew this guy had a thread here because I’d already read the first few posts but now I see there are a few threads and talk of Roger Cook coming back from the dead to find out exactly what’s gone on.

A few pages in to thread 1 and I can see alarming similarities between James and C****. Why as a country do we do this, elevate certain people to “People’s Champion” without due diligence and watch the media turn when the damage is done?

And Hugh Grant - I’m sure he means well - but there’s a pattern emerging here fella

• Haha
Reactions: 20

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
There are still 3.5k people in the AMOMWL Facebook group. No update, nothing. She’s just deleted all her posts and gone.

Ending the food delivery was bad enough but just leaving the group with no notice, stopping the crap bread etc is unforgivable. However shit and incompetent she is, vulnerable people relied on her. She disgusts me.

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
When you think about it, how were so many people taken in by the salt story! I mean she claimed she could taste it in the air. Seriously 😦🤣

'...she claimed the quantity of salt poured on her allotment was so huge that it was polluting the fresh air, saying: 'I'm still absolutely heartbroken. I went down there today to do digging and all I could taste was salt in the air, to the point where I had to keep going for a drink, because that's all you can taste.' Carly has yet to publicly respond to the council's astonishing statement. But she is believed to be 'outraged' by the whole thing and is now consulting lawyers.' 🐈

• Haha
  • Angry