Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itchy of Itchington

It's not going to be in the free preview as they don't start on Carlz until about 24mins in.
I'm listening now and will update shortly.
---
Ok from about 24 mins
They talk about the cost of living in the UK and US. They explain that Carlz is unable to work due to illness but can garden. Jesse reads out the original go fund me info (initially in a British accent) about raising money for food parcels and growing veg so people can heat their homes. They talk about her then gaining an allotment and then food distribution from supermarkets. They describe her as making herself the middle man for food distribution apps.
Then they cut to her tiktok...she is not articulate, about when a woman cried when she got a food parcel and why has the government let this happen. Carlyz then said she is the kind of person who volunteers to help.
Jesse questions what does "feeding 1600 people mean, is it one potato each". Katie states that it is unclear exactly what this means and what her "single handedly feeding means" but that it is promoted as being a community effort.
Then the tiktok of Carly crying about the saltening of the land and nothing will grow. The hours and hours of work are dead and the salt is every where.
Jesse and Katie discuss if they can see the salt in the video and Jesses points out salt is very small but that he can see some white bits but not a lot.
Katie explains the story goes viral and Gary Linekar donates ££££ and that the go fund me went wild and raised £250k. They banter about another go fund me and that it might be a scam

Katie talks about the police being involved, Jesse questions if there is a salt police and also that the police statement is very editorial not like a police statement
Cut to Carly talking about the 300 families who won't get any onions or potatoes now and that she could taste the salt and that she had to keep having a drink. She is very heartbroken especially for the children and that it must have been another grower as who else would know that salt kills plants and it was over 5kg of salt so it can't be a kid.

Jesse starts laughing at the idea that nobody knows salt will stop things growing and can't tell if people are joking. They also question the salty air claim. Katie is disappointed that Monty Don didn't come to fix the soil and Jesses wishes Gordon Ramsey had told them there was too much salt.

They talk about the awards Carly got (FOR FREE) and that she is still feeding people but that there are questions over the saltening. They talk about how much salt would be needed to destroy the soil. It's about 18,000lb or salt per square acre. To contaminate Carlyz plot would need somewhere between 180 and 900lb of salt. Or basically a tractor load of salt.
---
Continued

katie then explains the lengthy saga of her opening a bank account and the drivers licence. Katie notes that Carly is sitting in the driver's seat of a car in one video. Both question why she doesn't get another ID.

Katie reads out and then they talk about the statement from Harlow Council published on YourHarlow. They note that the council tested the land and the salt levels are normal (Katie suggests the salt levels are from Carlyz tears). Katie goes over the end of food parcels and the fail schools projects. They then talk about the distribution of funds to other charities and the shortfall from money given out versus money raised plus that some organisations refused the money.

Katie notes that none of the media that covered the the original story have followed up. Jesse does an impression of Jack Monroe "if you're too poor to buy tinned spaghetti then buy a bushel of wheat and launch it at the wall". Jesse describes Monroe as a pathological scammer and liar. They also talk about another scammer Rebekah Jones

Katie questions why no media organisation had any level of scepticism about the salt and asks that if anyone is in Harlow and knows
more then please contact them

The end

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
IIRC she didn't report it to the police for several days, preferring to report it to TikTok.

ETA: I don't think he is having any of it.

1717243943720.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

BanditHealer

Oh this is golden. And hello to the journalist who clearly reads here. Well done to the Tattlers who have been documenting everything.

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Well well well what a time to be alive! If she had nothing to hide she wouldn’t be referring people to her lawyers or submitting statements blaming everyone else, she would be providing a cogent timeline and receipts.

I sometimes wonder if I would have picked up on grifts if I wasn’t a Tattler and I’m not sure I would. There is definitely a need for the media to shine a light on these stories that raise large amounts of money and warn Joe Public that all is not as it seems. Unfortunately a lot of good causes may suffer as a result but we can’t keep elevating anyone who shouts loud enough on social media to hero status without actually looking into it. It’s embarrassing.

And I know you guys know this but just in case, if you want to read a DM article that’s behind a paywall, just click on the ‘Aa’ at the top bar and select ‘show reader’ - that gives you the story and without annoying adverts.

I’d also like to say thanks to everyone for these threads but in particular @Seaford Haggington and anyone else involved in the Wiki. There have been laughs ahoy on this thread but it’s always been ‘professional’ in the regard that it’s clear as day this hasn’t been raised just because we don’t like Carly, it’s always been about the money and the grift.

• Heart

FourSeasonSoupObsessive

I was having an idle meander through the first thread just to refresh myself on how all of this started.

I watched her post saltening video and noticed again how there are no tears. Realised again that she took to her socials days before reporting it to the police. Then when she is getting attention, the number of people she claims to have fed starts rocketing up. On her FB it’s 450 on December 8th 2022. Its 552 by December 19th. It’s 800 in the Daily Mail in January 2023. It’s 1613 on TikTok in April (post salt), then almost immediately 1649. On the 8th of May, on GoFundMe, it’s 1803. By July 28th, according to her GoFundMe, it’s 2,183. I had to pause counting, as I’m off out, but may continue to chart the nonsense trajectory.

These are bullshit numbers. What does “feeding a person” entail? One meal? One carrot? One giant woody marrow? Does she count the same people repeatedly each time they get a delivery? I’ve previously calculated that her numbers are 5% of the population of Narlow, but it’s not clear if this is ongoing, or one off.

Then I wondered, what did the allotment look like, that produced such bounty? Off to Google Streetview.

Here it is in November 2022.
IMG_0756.png

And here it is in April 2023.

IMG_0755.png

When, exactly, was this a functioning, food producing, well cared for allotment? The saltening was in April 2023, but it doesn’t look like this was ever growing anything beyond weeds. Has Carly ever actually run an allotment at all, full stop?

• Wow
  • Heart

lilykestrel

VIP Member
1713473010305.png

she's tagged in the wrong people for the kitchen one. She's tagged in a liquor store in New Jersey.
---
(this post includes a compilation of the big cheque on tour photos)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

pumbilical cord

Chatty Member
As much as I loathe the Daily Mail, I do agree that people need to be more sceptical about donating and believing a cause because a celebrity endorses it.

I also wouldnt trust the Dragon's Den dude's business decisions either 😆

I didn't like the author mentioning if it was the council red tape that scuppered the whole thing. The Daily Mail railing against health and safety is just annoying. Contracts, agreements etc exist for a reason.

I'd have liked to have seen Harlow Council given chance for input. I imagine it's a standard contract, as much for the tenant's benefit as theirs.

Stuff like this really needs to come from The Guardian and similar places though. The left needs a good hard look at itself and how pathetic and gullible it can be when it comes to people like Carlz and Jack Monroe etc. I'm on the left, and I want us to start using our brains instead of our hearts all the time.

Reactions: 28

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
Shall I compare thee to a salted allotment?
Thou art more crystalline and more intemperate:
Rough winds do shake from Wayne's nethers,
And the allotment's lease hath all too short a date.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
This reporter Guy, if he’s been reading here may well have found a rich seam of pre- researched grifting tales. Could be a shrewd move for him career-wise.

Reactions: 27

FourSeasonSoupObsessive

We extensively mithered over the “is it chemo?” question and there is little doubt that she’s over egging the pudding.

eg: https://tattle.life/threads/carly-burd-5-no-salt-and-vinegar.44510/post-19026662

She talks about ”let the puking commence” in order to make the association with people receiving it for cancer, and she’s said it without the additional context of it being low dose for MS. Further down that page the side effects for her dose were explained, and they do not include puking. Quite a few people on similar drugs, including me, weighed in and most of us would refer to these as “biologics” or “infusions”. Calling It chemo is a calculated piece of drama.

She has a horrible illness, for which she has my sympathy, and probably most people’s sympathy but this is drama llama “PM me for details” hun nonsense, and I don’t think it’s unconnected with her running out of road on the grift.

IRREGARDLESS, the major question is still,” where’s the rest of the money, C***“??

Edit: this has touched a nerve for me today as it’s become apparent that the biologic I was put on for my illness hasnt worked and I’m back on the fucking steroids 🙄 so I’m pretty grumpy about medical matters…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27