Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Well I think Carlz is amazing and it’s there own fault if people don’t follow her personally on TikTok to know the latest with what has been happening with the food parcels x

• Haha
Reactions: 24

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Joking aside, a serious well done to those of you who kept a focus on this grifter. Both on the threads and by raising queries with various government agencies, including the very important aspect of data protection. Or lack of same.

That reporter no doubt relied on your impressive knowledge of how she botched the whole thing, especially when it came to the way in which the money raised should have been administered.

• Heart
When you think about it, how were so many people taken in by the salt story! I mean she claimed she could taste it in the air. Seriously 😦🤣

'...she claimed the quantity of salt poured on her allotment was so huge that it was polluting the fresh air, saying: 'I'm still absolutely heartbroken. I went down there today to do digging and all I could taste was salt in the air, to the point where I had to keep going for a drink, because that's all you can taste.' Carly has yet to publicly respond to the council's astonishing statement. But she is believed to be 'outraged' by the whole thing and is now consulting lawyers.' 🐈
Hadn't realised you could be dehydrated by "salt in the air". Not that any of it was ever airborne.

Here is "Whiskers" reading the Mail piece:

1717242009331.png

• Haha
  • Heart
So if anyone's interested, the process for compulsory dissolution is as follows.

Companies are required by law to make certain filings every year, all companies are required to file a confirmation statement (yes this company exists, its data on the register is correct), and most companies are also required to file accounts (unlimited companies are exempt from this).

If you fail to file your accounts or your confirmation statement, either one, it doesn't matter which, Companies House write to you at the company's registered office, and if you still don't file, they write to you again. This second letter says "unless you bring your company up to date by [date] or you contact us saying you still need the company, we will start the process of striking the company off the register." They can also write to the company's directors at their home addresses.

That's where Herts Meals 2022 CIC are, they missed the deadline for filing their first set of accounts, ignored all the warning letters, and so CH have started the strike-off process.

The first notice will be in the London Gazette shortly. This will be followed, unless the missing accounts are filed, by the second notice which is the final strike-off notification.

Up until the publication of the final notice, the company can be restored relatively easily - you file the missing document(s), you pay any fees and/or penalties due, that's it. There are no penalties for late filing of a confirmation statement but there are escalating penalties depending on how late your accounts are, and those penalties are doubled if you are late two years in a row.

If your company has been dissolved, any assets in it (money, property, trademarks, anything) belong to the Crown under bona vacantia, and you have to restore the company to get them back. That is expensive.
  • You have to pay the penalties due for late filing for the accounts, which will be, given the amount of time it takes to strike off a company, either £750 or £1,500 (double those numbers if your accounts were late the year before). If two sets of accounts are overdue, two penalties will be payable.
  • You have to get a letter from the Solicitor general's office, which costs £64
  • You have to pay a restoration fee of £468
  • You have to pay the annual confirmation statement fee
Herts Meals are in a bit of a sticky situation here and this needs to be sorted, otherwise in about three months' time they'll find their bank account frozen and whatever is left of Carly's donation will go off to the Solicitor General.

1715198432684.png

Carly has, I reckon, about two months to file her missing confirmation statement before the first gazette notice gets filed.

1715200019449.png

• Wow
  • Angry

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Great find, Zelda!

I’ll eat a plate of stale driveway croissants if the reporter hadn’t got most of that from here. We’re “internet sleuths” doncherknow? 🕵 <preens>
Well done to all who kept this saga going here and pointed out all the inconsistencies and downright lying.
I genuinely think you all deserve credit for that reporter's story. FOR FREE 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Jumping to conclusions here but hear me out. If you're following the Depher threads you'll know there's a high likelihood James is about to be included in a BBC programme. The consensus seems to be that's it's a Panorama expose. It was pulled at the last minute last week for reasons unknown. Is it possible it's a wider look at fundraising / grifting / go fund me scams and that Carly is included? It would explain her social media cleanse, hiding a stack of evidence from prying eyes after the show airs.

Could the programme have been pulled because they were told about the chemo / Carly embellished it so they felt they needed to wait a bit?

It also coincides with Jack Monroe coming back from her social media hiatus and she follows Depher on Twitter.

Would be very interesting if there was a documentary on all of these people with a warning to people about donating to causes like this one

• Wow
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
It's too early but i would like to register an interest in "Harlow... is it me you're looking for?" as a thread title.
Can I second this motion but also make an addition
Harlow... is it me you're looking for?no, it’s the remaining £160,000

• Haha
  • Heart

Aliceboo

Your Harlow has posted an article about mitigating the risks of cashless giving. Is information from an insurer who insures charities.

Is it my overactive imagination or could he be hinting at something? https://www.yourharlow.com/2024/04/...8_HTORx_yFn6ERR7bDZTjjaXVSEu0iOjb9fkPim1DMtk5

On a more personal note, as I've mentioned before I live in Harlow. I've got nothing for my lunch. I was thinking of stale baguettes that have been left outside all day, but I can't seem to find any. Can anyone help?

I need the calories as I will be expending energy all day refreshing Your Harlow repeatedly.

• Haha
She's having a social media clear up, she's posted that on her own profile.

And saying to rejoin the group as she wants to keep her personal life away from her CIC.

Looks to me like she is going to delete the group or something like that. I hope something has happened, someone in authority is asking her questions and she is deleting the group so all her posts disappear.
She has deleted every post she has ever made to the group.

ETA: And is no longer listed as a group member or admin

• Wow
Reactions: 23

Clovis

VIP Member
This is what puzzles me about this whole thing. She solicits money to repair an allegedly salted allotment, then C**** sits on the £250k, donated in good faith, for a year.

In the meantime, any publicised repairs on the allotment were done thanks to volunteers and further donations of goods by businesses. I fail to see how the money was even needed in the first place!

To make matters worse, the idea of the allotment appears to have been abandoned. Instead, a portion of the money has been hurriedly given out to local charities approved by the regular, which is not the cause people donated money to. Besides, I have yet to see any indication of what is happening with the rest of the donated money.

Why 👏 is 👏 not 👏 getting 👏 media 👏 scrutiny?

• Heart
Reactions: 23