Carly Burd #6 Stabbed in the back like Judas did to Caesar

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can those more versed in Saltening lore tell me if I imagined it/dreamed it, or did a company post somewhere that they'd removed "contaminated" top soil from her allotment but when tested there was no salt. I was sure I'd read it here but I woke up this morning and asked my husband why Ken Clarke had led a riot on a council estate, only to be told I must have dreamed it so....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can those more versed in Saltening lore tell me if I imagined it/dreamed it, or did a company post somewhere that they'd removed "contaminated" top soil from her allotment but when tested there was no salt. I was sure I'd read it here but I woke up this morning and asked my husband why Ken Clarke had led a riot on a council estate, only to be told I must have dreamed it so....
According to a link in the excellent wiki:

IMG_4661.jpeg

Reactions: 7
As well as the Harlow council testing that @ChastityDingle has mentioned, there was also a claim by one of Carly's attack dogs (Donna maybe) that a company had come in with a digger and removed a serious slice off the topsoil, and then helped to spread new topsoil in its place. However they didn't know what to do with the "contaminated" salty soil that was removed, so it was just moved to a different part of the site. So presumably is still there, in a pile.

• Wow
I found this tweet about the soil being replaced. It sounds like a local garden centre helped, as well as a digger hire company

Reactions: 5
According to a link in the excellent wiki:

View attachment 2985528
I found this tweet about the soil being replaced. It sounds like a local garden centre helped, as well as a digger hire company

These two together do rather give me the mental image of Harlow Council pootling along at the end of April and taking a sample of the by then replaced soil to test and being astonished when there was no salt in it - which may explain why this big discrepancy wasnā€™t highlighted more earlier - classic local council testing the wrong bloody soil.

A shame as I think the donations were still rolling in then and if theyā€™d done it properly it would likely have been a hook to investigate earlier.

I mean, itā€™s not really for the Council to drop everything and race there to test for salt because C****ā€™s cried all over ITV and TikTok. She could have taken a sample herself.
Weā€™ll never get to the bottom of the saltening, unfortunately due to her weasel behaviour there will always be a question mark as to whether she did it herself.
I see elder Colin has managed to run his charity allotment without any salt attacks, or indeed any TV crews or local award nominations. Amateur.

Reactions: 19

What jumps out from that clip and especially the drone footage is just how many people industrially put their backs into helping with the site (I realise that they mentioned some of them were from the local garden centre and presumably the boss told them to go) and how it was all beautifully prepared with new soil ready for several amazing and productive growing seasons.

But Carly personally threw it all away including all those people's efforts, purely because of a spat with the council where they wouldn't (in fact couldn't) give her the infinite lease on the property that she had decided she was entitled to. These pics show that for at least a good chunk of the site the hard work was very much done so *why the duck* would you not just get on with it and enjoy the site year after year while it lasted. I do understand not wanting to plough tens of thousands of pounds into a site that you don't actually own (I mean this is the same dilemna that any allotment holder faces, should I invest in a shed etc when the site might be taken off me next year) but that doesn't mean throwing toys out of the pram and refusing to use it while you can. What a despicable woman and I feel sorry for all the people that helped her with the site, what a kick in their teeth.

1718034505896.png

1718034544501.png

• Sad
I mean, itā€™s not really for the Council to drop everything and race there to test for salt because C****ā€™s cried all over ITV and TikTok. She could have taken a sample herself.
Weā€™ll never get to the bottom of the saltening, unfortunately due to her weasel behaviour there will always be a question mark as to whether she did it herself.
I see elder Colin has managed to run his charity allotment without any salt attacks, or indeed any TV crews or local award nominations. Amateur.
I donā€™t think they had to but it would be total local council behaviour to decide to, get there once the soil has been replaced and instead of going ā€œOk, too late we canā€™t test as it would be a waste of time and moneyā€ just taking some of whatever is there and testing anyway.

It is very telling they only say April when we know by the 14th it had been replaced. And all helps add to the murk around the Saltening that only benefits Carlz.

Reactions: 4
yeah the lack of clarity around when the testing happened is annoying. Why not just say it was tested on X date?

Reactions: 5
yeah the lack of clarity around when the testing happened is annoying. Why not just say it was tested on X date?
Itā€™s all a red herring anyway. Council say no salt, Carly will say it was new soil.
whereā€˜s the Ā£180k though?

Reactions: 18
Itā€™s all a red herring anyway. Council say no salt, Carly will say it was new soil.
whereā€˜s the Ā£180k though?
THIS is the important thing to remember.
Whether the saltening is true or not is almost irrelevant (if not true, makes her even more of a lying grifter though) - she raised Ā£250K from the public and has not done what she said she would, and there's still over Ā£150K unaccounted for over a year later.
Smells fishier than a fish factory at the end of a particularly warm month.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The date of testing the soil isn't particularly relevant.

The crucial point is that the money donated wasn't even needed in the end. Volunteers donated their time and labour to repair the allotment and businesses donated materials. As far as I can tell, not a penny of the Ā£250k was used in the clean up.

And after all that, C**** decided to abandon the allotment, handed out some attention seeking comedy cheques, refused to explain what's going to happen with the remaining Ā£160k, then promptly disappeared.

fdrtwrmfa02d1.gif

Reactions: 21
The date of testing the soil isn't particularly relevant.

The crucial point is that the money donated wasn't even needed in the end. Volunteers donated their time and labour to repair the allotment and businesses donated materials. As far as I can tell, not a penny of the Ā£250k was used in the clean up.

And after all that, C**** decided to abandon the allotment, handed out some attention seeking comedy cheques, refused to explain what's going to happen with the remaining Ā£160k, then promptly disappeared.

View attachment 2986253
None of the money was spent on any allotment. When she tried to create a fig leaf for her grift with giant novelty cheques all the real allotment projects in the town turned her down.

• Wow
Dont forget, Harlow-based sleuths have investigated and determined that she didnā€™t spend any of the money on herself. This was determined *checks notes* ā€œbecause if she had, she would have been on a holiday to the Caribbean, and she hasnā€™tā€
case closed lads.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
At work, I just processed a catering order with a company that use surplus food šŸ”ŗ

I honked, imagining a buffet table that is just a pile of loaves of bread, with a few stale croissants for the lucky ones who dig deep enough.

(I'm sure it's a lovely reputable company and the buffet will be excellent)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
At work, I just processed a catering order with a company that use surplus food šŸ”ŗ

I honked, imagining a buffet table that is just a pile of loaves of bread, with a few stale croissants for the lucky ones who dig deep enough.

(I'm sure it's a lovely reputable company and the buffet will be excellent)
There's a cafe in Newcastle that does this, and it is absolutely lovely - not sponsored, not an ad, just a genuinely good idea
I really hate that grifters can take issues that matter and use them, in a way that risks making people who've supported them turn cynical and give up.

Reactions: 13
Ipswich.gov rents allotments for Ā£5.45 per rod (I don't know what that means) so 'For example a full size 10 rod plot (roughly 250mĀ²) will be Ā£54.50 or Ā£50.50 for a concession. Smaller plots are available, and the rent is reduced accordingly. Concessionary prices are available for older people and disadvantaged groups.' One could get a lot of allotment for Ā£180k, especially if one persuades the Allotment Holders Association that one is a disadvantaged group. There is already an active People's Community Garden with schools outreach though...

Reactions: 6