Carly Burd #6 Stabbed in the back like Judas did to Caesar

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_20240602_084044.jpg

Because the salt was so thick and pungent it DISSOLVED EVERYTHING including the snakeworms

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Allotments are like gardens, right? We've eaten lettuce, radishes and one strawberry (cut into quarters 🍓) from our garden so far this year, and we're 200 miles north of Harlow. If Carly had just used what she already had (an allotment) with the tools, friends and money she already possessed she'd have been eating her own produce already, sat in her garden next to her fire pit on a comfy chair while she dealt with her condition. And potentially had a glut to give away to friends and family. But the greed got her. A sad and pathetic story.

Edit: sorry, got distracted bragging about lettuce and forgot to ask my question is - why did she do it? Did she want the allotment but didn't have any tools or seeds so wanted a little bit of cash to get started?

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Allotments are like gardens, right? We've eaten lettuce, radishes and one strawberry (cut into quarters 🍓) from our garden so far this year, and we're 200 miles north of Harlow. If Carly had just used what she already had (an allotment) with the tools, friends and money she already possessed she'd have been eating her own produce already, sat in her garden next to her fire pit on a comfy chair while she dealt with her condition. And potentially had a glut to give away to friends and family. But the greed got her. A sad and pathetic story.

Edit: sorry, got distracted bragging about lettuce and forgot to ask my question is - why did she do it? Did she want the allotment but didn't have any tools or seeds so wanted a little bit of cash to get started?
Her original GFM said she needed "Equipment to make and tea and coffee area, Equipment to clear weeds like a petrol strimer, A cooking area using gas as we don’t have electric. And money to lay weed sheeting." Her original goal was £2k, which she achieved *before* the saltening and she was on a stretch target of £4k when that happened. Elsewhere she made some pretty wild claims about what the allotment would achieve.

ETA: Had she been happy with what she got before the saltening she could have set up as an unincorporated association (assuming she was prepared to admit other members).

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Her original GFM said she needed "Equipment to make and tea and coffee area, Equipment to clear weeds like a petrol strimer, A cooking area using gas as we don’t have electric. And money to lay weed sheeting." Her original goal was £2k, which she achieved *before* the saltening and she was on a stretch target of £4k when that happened. Elsewhere she made some pretty wild claims about what the allotment would achieve.

ETA: Had she been happy with what she got before the saltening she could have set up as an unincorporated association (assuming she was prepared to admit other members).
Thank you x So, it started as a community project of some kind. Wonder what triggered the saltgrift? Anything other/more than attention/money seeking that escalated wildly beyond anything she was equipped to cope with 🫤

Reactions: 9
Thank you x So, it started as a community project of some kind. Wonder what triggered the saltgrift? Anything other/more than attention/money seeking that escalated wildly beyond anything she was equipped to cope with 🫤
I think that someone had poured salt on her allotment for whatever reason and when she saw it she panicked and made her little video full of exaggeration and whatnot. Partially exaggerating the effects and partially being uneducated and not knowing the effects. Thinking maybe she’d get a few hundred quid from the locals and some sympathy headpats.

Then it blew up and instead of saying “ok I’m out of my depth I need some help here” she dug her heels in and the rest is history,

Reactions: 8
The GFM was launched in September 2022. I think donations might have slowed down by the time of the Saltening.

Reactions: 9
The GFM was launched in September 2022. I think donations might have slowed down by the time of the Saltening.
I think she faked the Saltening to get more publicity and donations for the GFM. I don't think she was expecting it to go as viral as it did, and when she found herself with £250,000 in cash, a combination of
  • being too thick and stubborn to accept help,
  • panic,
  • sudden fame going to her head, and
  • pound signs in her eyes
have brought us here.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think she faked the Saltening to get more publicity and donations for the GFM. I don't think she was expecting it to go as viral as it did, and when she found herself with £250,000 in cash, a combination of
  • being too thick and stubborn to accept help,
  • panic,
  • sudden fame going to her head, and
  • pound signs in her eyes
have brought us here.
If she ever had good intentions but turned evil, the moment that happened was when she abandoned plans to set up a charity with trustees and created a for-profit company with her as the only director to maintain full control of the money.

Reactions: 18
She must be hoping this will all just blow over. I don’t think she'll file her accounts showing where the money's gone and I think Wayne has or will disappear as magically as he appeared once the last pounds have been spent. She'll always be known as the Harlow Hustler though, so that's nice

Reactions: 13

There are hints from commenters on the Face Book and YH that St Carly has a knack for pissing people off, and wanting everyone to think she’s amazing all the time despite being a bit of a cow.
She seems to have no idea about growing veg, either.
It’s very much always been “the Carly Show” getting the local news involved, asking people to send thank you messages on Facebook. She’s still hashtagging TV shows in her posts.

Reactions: 18
There are hints from commenters on the Face Book and YH that St Carly has a knack for pissing people off, and wanting everyone to think she’s amazing all the time despite being a bit of a cow.
She seems to have no idea about growing veg, either.
This is why I think the saltening might genuinely have been done by someone else. She has a knack for pissing people off and if they wanted to expose her as knowing nothing maybe they thought salting the allotment and her reaction would expose how little she knows.

Only it went viral instead and here we are, Carly in her rich grifter era.

Reactions: 7
If she ever had good intentions but turned evil, the moment that happened was when she abandoned plans to set up a charity with trustees and created a for-profit company with her as the only director to maintain full control of the money.
Agreed. I'm sure that she could have received some good advice from the other allotment organisations, if she'd only asked them for help before she burned all her bridges with them by arguing with Colin on the Facebook page, and I'm sure Whiskers could have also advised. Nobody would have begrudged her spending money on proper advice to get the whole thing on a sound footing. Unfortunately I think the minute she realised she would be surrendering control, and would have to work together with people, she changed her mind and went down the sole control route.

I don't get the impression that "playing nicely with others" is one of Carly's strong suits.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She must be hoping this will all just blow over. I don’t think she'll file her accounts showing where the money's gone and I think Wayne has or will disappear as magically as he appeared once the last pounds have been spent. She'll always be known as the Harlow Hustler though, so that's nice
I think that even if this is never closed off properly (by finding out where the money has gone, and photos of Carly going into the local crown court with her coat over her head), we can at least take comfort in the fact that she's never going to be able to try a similar scam again.

Reactions: 20

Oof I had no idea she had a GFM before the alleged attack by the Salty Bandits. I’m torn as to whether she was involved in the saltening but that doesn’t look good.

Reactions: 15
What excellent news on this lovely day, congratulations to all you brilliant Tattlers. Guy Adams, incidentally, is an old-school Mail attack dog of a journalist. If I were a scammer I’d be very nervous of him sniffing round.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
The Saltening always struck me as such a bizarrely biblical thing to come up with. An ancient curse of yore. Who does that? Is it a thing that still happens in the 21stc? In...uhm...farming disputes or whatever?

Reactions: 15