Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rocket Queen

Actually, that would be so bad it would probably be good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Was thinking that tooā€¦.Iā€™d quite enjoy that šŸ˜‚ could also have like instead of whack - a - mole we could have our Hanā€™s picture on a pop up thingy and call it Whack - A Grifter. Itā€™s not what her father would have wanted but WHO GIVES A SHITE šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Serene Serena

VIP Member
It's just occurred to me that I would be afraid to buy the property in case the ghost of the captain is stuck in an energy loop, doing laps around the garden. At night, you look out and see the zimmer frame gleaming in the moonlight.

Edit to add: And as you turn over to try and sleep, you hear Never Walk Alone by Captain Tom and Michael Ball, in an endless loop... šŸ¤£šŸ˜±

Ha ha
That's it, I'm withdrawing my offer on the house immediately.

• Haha

Itchy of Itchington

Oh dear. The hype creations didn't pay off. Shame lol
This statue is a fucking joke as well. He is the creator but he paid artists in Indonesia to make it. No doubt paying them an absolute pittance for their work. Just melt it down, sell the puddle of bronze and give it a clever name and pretend it's a commentary on media hype. Or you know just sell the bronze. He's not recouping anything but scrap value on that

Ah sounds like this is another fucking go fund Mr grift as well

• Wow

Shinealight

VIP Member
We should all club together and turn it into the Captain Tom Moore theme parkā€¦

Instead of carousel horses you climb aboard a zimmer frame for the ride of your life - 100 rotations. šŸ¤¢

ā€Weā€™re Going To Barbadosā€ karaoke.
Have your photo taken with cardboard cut outs of Russ and Cliff.

The ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ escape room. You have to get out before the song ends or youā€™re locked in forever with it on repeat.

Itā€™s what her father wouldā€™ve wantedā€¦ šŸ˜œ
Actually, that would be so bad it would probably be good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
Just watched the video tour on the rightmove page, bloody hell a life of grifting clearly pays well doesn't it?

Disappointed that Hannah herself didn't pop up mid-tour although I'm pretty sure we've now seen her toilet.

Bloke on the video tour says at the end "if you have any questions please ask me", first thing I'd be asking knowing the dodgy history of the property is whether all the requisite planning permissions were properly obtained over the years (especially for that Coach House being used as an AirB&B!) :D

• Haha

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Indeed, lockdown might have been essential but ffs why did so many people lose all sense of reality?
An old man doing laps of his garden for NHS charities would in normal times have probably made a small article in the local press šŸ™„
No doubt the same kind of people who queued up for Stanley cups. I had to keep my mouth firmly shut on many issues including the Cap'n! šŸ˜ 

Reactions: 8

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
It's just occurred to me that I would be afraid to buy the property in case the ghost of the captain is stuck in an energy loop, doing laps around the garden. At night, you look out and see the zimmer frame gleaming in the moonlight.

Edit to add: And as you turn over to try and sleep, you hear Never Walk Alone by Captain Tom and Michael Ball, in an endless loop... šŸ¤£šŸ˜±

Ha ha
Lol lol lol

Listening to the song on repeat is truly the stuff of nightmares...

I wonder if even 1 person in the world other than a family member still chooses to listen to the song because they enjoy it

• Haha

Shinealight

VIP Member
I knew that their scamming would eventually catch up with themā€¦having to now sell their homeā€¦boo hoo! šŸ¤£ I saw what this all was from the start and would not have been surprised if Old Tom had been in on it too. Of course, anything you shared on most social media platforms condemning them for their greed was met with, ā€œoh donā€™t be so heartlessā€ or ā€œyouā€™re just jealousā€ the usual tripe people trot out. Twitter was full of it, people brown-nosing this avaricious family. Funny how people have slunk back into the shadows now that life has gone tits up for them! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Indeed, I recall a conversation on Twitter between me and one of the sycophant guys.
I looked the conversation up a while back and surprise surpriseā€¦ heā€™d deleted all his contributions to the conversation šŸ™„

• Haha

Itchy of Itchington

so where in the house did Captain Tom reside, It deffo doesn't look like it was comfortable for an elderly person and their needs
Apparently he was gallivanting all over the place well into his 90s until he fell over and broke his hip and ribs while unloading the dishwasher. That's one hell of a fall. I reckon he must have been in hospital for quite some time and then they turned that ugly living room with the army jacket chair into a bedroom/lounge for him.

The story about him secretly ordering a treadmill is complete bollocks. They just came home and found the box with delivery note in their drive way. The drive is about 100m long with electric gates, I know Yodel just yeet stuff over the gate but they'd struggle with that treadmill. Hannah blethers on about it here https://archive.ph/SLyQr

The brochure for the house on the Right Move advert is unintentionally funny. Of course it mentions "my father Captain Tom" but even more amusing Hannah says that the village offers everything including a kebab shop. Like Hannah has ever had a dirty donner. There is also a discreet pond. Not that discreet it's bloody massive

• Haha
  • Wow

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Wonder if people have been queueing out the door of the estate agent to "snap up" the site of Captain Tom's selfless efforts!
Iā€™d be interested to know if there are prospective buyers. The house is tainted to me (and slightly out of my price range) and I bet other people feel the same.

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Old Tom came at the right time.
Covidā€¦he cheered us up. An old man, and if he could it, well done him.
He raised our spirits.
It was good for him, the exercise, something to am for rather than sitting in a chair all day.
It did take effort on his part, but he did it.
He lifted the spirits of the nation and good for him!

itā€™s a shame his daughter saw it as a way make money and defiled his name

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member

Ha ha
I think I would dread Hannah returning to visit even more šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha