Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Old Tom came at the right time.
Covid…he cheered us up. An old man, and if he could it, well done him.
He raised our spirits.
It was good for him, the exercise, something to am for rather than sitting in a chair all day.
It did take effort on his part, but he did it.
He lifted the spirits of the nation and good for him!

it’s a shame his daughter saw it as a way make money and defiled his name
“Old Tom” was nothing but the product of clever marketing. Other people were doing similar things at that time but because they didn’t have the big house, with the military connection, and the grifting daughter, it was barely put into the public domain.

He didn’t lift my spirits because I saw it for what it was at the start.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
The family have attended a charity event for Toni and Guy Foundation...

View attachment 2984507
View attachment 2984508
View attachment 2984509
When Hannah's father, Sir Captain Tom Moore was alive, there was nothing he loved more than going to Toni and Guy to have his patriotic hair styled by the "style director". Indeed when he was doing his walk against covid, his 1st thought was I do hope our Han and her shitter toryboy son get to go to fucking hairdresser charity event. Captain Tom hoped that Hx could pick up new grifting tips,

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Linda Lee

I remember a Sikh gentleman and an elderly lady who did some great fundraising and they got one or two mentions and that was it.

Our media are absurd.

Reactions: 33

ATV2021

VIP Member

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 adios you total grifter
"And such is the family’s jumpiness after their public embarrassment they are insisting viewers provide ID, proof of wealth and sign NDAs before visiting the property."

Behave 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

emmer_moans

VIP Member
It's just occurred to me that I would be afraid to buy the property in case the ghost of the captain is stuck in an energy loop, doing laps around the garden. At night, you look out and see the zimmer frame gleaming in the moonlight.

Edit to add: And as you turn over to try and sleep, you hear Never Walk Alone by Captain Tom and Michael Ball, in an endless loop... 🤣😱

Ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: 29

50sGirl

VIP Member
Tainted certainly, could always sell it on AirBnB as haunted by Captain Tom also; in the middle of the night you can see a ghostly zimmer frame levitate around the site of the former spa pool and hear someone softly muttering Barbados and "Fecking Russ Abbot!" at the bottom of the garden.

Actually surprised that Hannah the grifter hasn't thought of that herself?
We should all club together and turn it into the Captain Tom Moore theme park…

Instead of carousel horses you climb aboard a zimmer frame for the ride of your life - 100 rotations. 🤢

”We’re Going To Barbados” karaoke.
Have your photo taken with cardboard cut outs of Russ and Cliff.

The “You’ll Never Walk Alone” escape room. You have to get out before the song ends or you’re locked in forever with it on repeat.

It’s what her father would’ve wanted… 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The weird thing is, at the time I thought he was walking around the garden of his retirement home (probably because I'm far too working class to assume houses that big are anything else lol)

P.S. I also think it wasn't clearly stated at the time because the media/press wanted us to think he was 'one of us' for want of a better term.

Reactions: 27

Itchy of Itchington

The room in pic 13 and 14 is horrible, clashing carpet, wallpaper, curtains and sofa. And all the recessed spot lights. Awful looking in a house like that. And the flaggy teenage boys room. That's not normal.

I am very disappointed they haven't had a Tom trail around the grounds, a bit like the International date line at Greenwich they could have had a metal plaque marking out where he started his epic laps and then perhaps a series of markers every few meters with a significant life event. Maybe they can put it in before they move. I was thinking something like born, rode a motorbike left the army, dumped first wife cos she was frigid, fathered HANNAH (this could be a special golden marker), became grandfather to the nation, met Russ Abbott, died.

Sad that the demolished site of the charity offices/card storage facility and spa are not shown. I can see why they would need a space to run their charity due to only having 7 bedrooms in the main house plus an office, cellar and snug. Plus the coach house with its 3 offices and gym, storage rooms and an attic room. Must be difficult to be so tight on space for Hannah's ego

• Haha
Reactions: 25

ATV2021

VIP Member
Since Hannah showed her true colours. I live in the next village but pop to the Co-op etc in Marston regularly. Feel that there was pride here initially (not much happens here usually) but then since the Barbados trip which basically finished “her father” off and then they got greedier and greedier the tide really has turned.
The hospital fiasco was my straw when we weren't allowed in the same bloody hospital, opposite ward, to see our dying relative yet they were in and out, like (and I quote from a nurse friend) a bloody circus.

Will never not be angry by that. Nor the BS response from PALS who fobbed us off and said people were emailing to thank the hosp for his care 🫠. In hindsight I should've stormed the ward lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

ATV2021

VIP Member
With hindsight I think many of us would have stood up to the hospitals and gone to be with our loved ones at the end but we were following the rules.
You have anger, I have guilt that will never leave me.
Hannah and her family have no idea. 🤬
I did ignore the rules to visit mine at home before he got admitted as I knew he weren't coming out and I have 0 regrets for that. It's my only small blessing. But they were swanning in and out as they liked whilst everyone else on surrounding Wards were dying alone (CT had a nice private side room too)

• Sad
Reactions: 21

50sGirl

VIP Member
“Old Tom” was nothing but the product of clever marketing. Other people were doing similar things at that time but because they didn’t have the big house, with the military connection, and the grifting daughter, it was barely put into the public domain.

He didn’t lift my spirits because I saw it for what it was at the start.
Me too. I felt a bit cynical back then when I didn’t believe the hype.
Even back then his comments about his first wife just cemented my feelings about how nice this “gentleman“ was. The first marriage breaking down couldn’t have been partly his fault at all could it? No, he was the perfect husband. Just like she was the perfect daughter keeping him safely locked down during Covid, oh hang on… 🙄
I didn’t watch any of his funeral because WTF?!
It‘s taken time but eventually others now see them for what they were/are.
Hopefully she will vanish from the media now. 🤞

Reactions: 21

50sGirl

VIP Member
I did ignore the rules to visit mine at home before he got admitted as I knew he weren't coming out and I have 0 regrets for that. It's my only small blessing. But they were swanning in and out as they liked whilst everyone else on surrounding Wards were dying alone (CT had a nice private side room too)
I’m glad you did that. 😘
My Dad was admitted to hospital for something else and caught Covid in hospital so we had no chance to see him.
At least I managed to speak to him on the ‘phone to say our goodbyes - many didn’t even have that - well except for the Ingrams who were having a bedside party! 🤬
Absolutely appalling the preferential treatment they were given.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

50sGirl

VIP Member
The hospital fiasco was my straw when we weren't allowed in the same bloody hospital, opposite ward, to see our dying relative yet they were in and out, like (and I quote from a nurse friend) a bloody circus.

Will never not be angry by that. Nor the BS response from PALS who fobbed us off and said people were emailing to thank the hosp for his care 🫠. In hindsight I should've stormed the ward lol
With hindsight I think many of us would have stood up to the hospitals and gone to be with our loved ones at the end but we were following the rules.
You have anger, I have guilt that will never leave me.
Hannah and her family have no idea. 🤬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Dragon100

Chatty Member
She is probably hoping the national trust buy it to preserve her fathers, sir captain tom don't you know, memory for future generations.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Rocket Queen

Since Hannah showed her true colours. I live in the next village but pop to the Co-op etc in Marston regularly. Feel that there was pride here initially (not much happens here usually) but then since the Barbados trip which basically finished “her father” off and then they got greedier and greedier the tide really has turned.

Reactions: 17