Captain Sir Tom Moore #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that was really bad manners and it made me question his character, disclosing something so private and intimate to the world.

I only saw a book extract in the Daily Mail, does anyone know if there were any other revealing tidbits in the book where Tom did, or didn't, come across well?
I read his book last year after receiving it as a Xmas present... I quite liked him back then but it did put me off him the way he talked about his ex-wife. There was a part where he said he was glad he never had any kids with her because she would have made a terrible mother. I thought it was a bit harsh, he even admitted she had mental health issues and had a strange upbringing. She probably wasn't a bad person.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
The husband seems quite fame hungry too... he replies to celebs on Twitter and name-drops Captain Tom and Hannah even when the tweets have nothing to do with them...

Oh my god, I'm laughing my ass off at this desperation. What more tenuous links will he come up with :LOL::eek:

I read his book last year after receiving it as a Xmas present... I quite liked him back then but it did put me off him the way he talked about his ex-wife. There was a part where he said he was glad he never had any kids with her because she would have made a terrible mother. I thought it was a bit harsh, he even admitted she had mental health issues and had a strange upbringing. She probably wasn't a bad person.
That's strange. Some things should just be kept private.

There’s still a lot about Sir Tom we don’t know, and probably never will now. One thing I do remember though was Popbitch saying that a top London law firm working on his behalf(or more likely Hannahs) were sending out cease and desist letters to the press at the height of his fame during lockdown. Clearly they were being warned off publishing something about him, but what?
I just read this on his wikipedia....

"He was later appointed general manager of Cawoods Concrete Products Ltd., manufacturing concrete pipes in March, Cambridgeshire, with a view to restoring it to profitability or closing it down, after its owners had failed to find a buyer.[18][19] Moore led a management buyout in 1983, with the assistance of local Member of Parliament Clement Freud, who also became an investor in the renamed March Concrete Products Ltd.[2][18][20][21] The company traded successfully for several years until market conditions and technical issues forced the investors to sell it to Amalgamated Roadstone Corporation in 1987."

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What more tenuous links will he come up with
~retweets Charming toilet paper advertised tweet~

That’s great. @captaintommoore took the last wipe of his arsecrack with Charmin! #tomorrowwillbeagoodday

What a bunch of weirdos. I feel so sorry for the people who are getting sucked up by this insincere and opportunistic bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This wasn't a photo I was expecting to see :LOL:
Can this family be locked into a box with no internet access somewhere in the North Pole? 🥴
Surely they must have some self awareness and realise how utterly pathetic and embarrassing they look?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can this family be locked into a box with no internet access somewhere in the North Pole? 🥴
Surely they must have some self awareness and realise how utterly pathetic and embarrassing they look?
It'll blow up on them eventually. People are starting to see through the desperation. As interest wanes and they try to keep the circus going, the greed will get the better of them and they'll mess up on some front.

Reactions: 5
They aren’t really getting any mainstream media bookings any more, are they?

I could maybe see a This Morning or BBC Breakfast slot in a few weeks to commemorate the one year anniversary of Tom’s passing, but everyone seems to have moved on. Their careers are mostly at the really really low-level influencer point.

Unless that awful daughter goes on a revamped Celebrity Big Brother or something, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are almost forgotten about completely in a year’s time.

Reactions: 12
No media outlet should entertain these fake hungry bastards anymore. Absolutely milking the duck out of a dead man… it’s a disgrace and I cannot believe that there are not reports about them being shameless as duck! Like now, if you search captain Tom on Twitter it is all negative!

Reactions: 13
The husband seems quite fame hungry too... he replies to celebs on Twitter and name-drops Captain Tom and Hannah even when the tweets have nothing to do with them...

"Captain Tom was a real peteolhead (obviously meaning 'petrolhead'). So he was another Jeremy Clarkson now!?

• Haha

Eek! Is he hoping Jane MacDonald will mention Captain in the episode? Or is he hoping Jane will sing "we'll never walk alone" on her channel 5 cruises series and pay for his family to join her in Lanzarote or benidorm?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
And that’s just the thing, his ex wife isn’t around to defend herself and it’s unlikely that anyone else who knew her or her side of the the story is either. What we do know is that after her divorced her he married a woman much younger than himself, who is mother to Hannah and her sister. They made that sound so innocent as well with him saying he was reluctant to get involved with her because she was so much younger than him. But who knows really?

Reactions: 11
No media outlet should entertain these fake hungry bastards anymore. Absolutely milking the duck out of a dead man… it’s a disgrace and I cannot believe that there are not reports about them being shameless as duck! Like now, if you search captain Tom on Twitter it is all negative!
When the media have got all the mileage possible from positive coverage, they can then turn on those they helped make, so just be patient.

Reactions: 5
Did they divorce or was he widowed?

EDIT: just read they were divorced. Ah that’s why he disparaged her - a gentleman like Tom would never have left her otherwise. Divorce was still frowned upon back then so he had to show he was the good guy. Pleased she didn’t have children with him - yes, I bet Hannah is too!

Last edited:
Doesn't this belong in the worst presents received thread. Who did you piss off that they gave you this.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Doesn't this belong in the worst presents received thread. Who did you piss off that they gave you this.
To be fair, I think his autobiography might be quite interesting as the story of someone born nearly fifty years before me, who lived a long life through some interesting times and personal experiences. I wouldn't expect any particular insight into why he walked around his garden for charity though, which could no doubt be condensed from his point of view into it being something to keep him active while helping others, and his daughter encouraged that out of her concern for him and the NHS, being the altruistic person she is.

Reactions: 4
Hannah would just love to get an OBE or an MBE for her "charity work", I would think. She seems to be setting herself up as a Princess Diana type. Cringing at photo below from her twitter

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.