Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm probably a complete bitch but I hated all the silly good news stories during covid; from the people DJing on their balconies to the people "rowing the Atlantic" from home.

The forced uplifting good news was annoying like those emotional manipulation X factor montages. I don't care.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I never understood the hype about all this. It should have at most made the national papers for a day or two, but he's been blown up into a godlike national hero. Knighthood was OTT. Sure he fought in the war but so did plenty of others.

Also read an extract from his book in Daily Mail and it seemed very disrespectful to talk about the breakdown of his first marriage due to lack of sex, regardless of whether his first wife is alive (dunno if she is).

Reading back through the previous thread and about the daughters PR activities it makes much more sense to me. I hope some journalist does a decent interrogation of Hannah in a few years and exposes the exploitation of this case

Reactions: 51

RJF

VIP Member
“trolling” once again being used as a synonym for “someone on the internet disagrees with something I said or did”

Reactions: 47

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Stupid cow. ‘Inspired the world’?! I doubt any fucker outside the U.K has ever heard of him, and it’s not trolling to question the behaviour or motives of someone.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
The opening lines of that Mail article are trying to be fair and measured but you can tell they are really gunning for her behaviour in the royal box and trying to be restrained. Shame Hannah cant be.
It just speaks for itself, doesn't it, that picture.

Han.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

FakeSmile

VIP Member
My grandad told me today that someone had bought him Tom’s book for Christmas… but that he can’t stand the man and will be taking it to the charity shop :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
He really did look disheveled and uncomfortable.
I’m sure he would have been happier and more comfortable living out his life in the comfort of his own home, it was a sin and a shame how he was taken on that holiday at the height of covid, I’d never allow that to happen to my elderly parents.
if it was any other time then i could see taking an elderly relative for what could be their final holiday but during a pandemic was just a death sentence !
from her posts on twitter it was hardly a relaxing break for him..he was paraded here there and everywhere like show pony !
Him catching covid was totally avoidable and what really pee'd me off was they refused to see they'd done anything wrong and the family were allowed to see him in hospital and say goodbye when others like my mums friend weren't allowed to accompany their husband in the ambulance when taken ill and he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital 💔

• Sad
  • Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
if it was any other time then i could see taking an elderly relative for what could be their final holiday but during a pandemic was just a death sentence !
from her posts on twitter it was hardly a relaxing break for him..he was paraded here there and everywhere like show pony !
Him catching covid was totally avoidable and what really pee'd me off was they refused to see they'd done anything wrong and the family were allowed to see him in hospital and say goodbye when others like my mums friend weren't allowed to accompany their husband in the ambulance when taken ill and he died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital 💔
My friend was a nurse at the hospital and said it was a circus...family swanning in and out when they wanted etc

Also on one ward across from CT, was my dying Grandfather. Also a war veteran. Were we allowed to visit? Were we bollox. I complained, got some generic BS back about how they'd had soooo much thanks for "looking after captain tom" but could "understand my upset". I had to just delete it before I said some things I regret.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Miss Begotten

VIP Member

Statement from Hannah
“ My father was very fond of trampolines when he was alive. I’m sure I speak for him when I say that we should #be kind to the trampoline. If it had known that it was my father’s train then I’m positive that the trampoline would never have thrown itself on to the track in such a disrespectful manner.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I feel we're aiming a bit high here...

Channel 5's Captain Sir Tom Moore Biopic as shown on 5Star

Jane McDonald as Hannah

Jane McDonald to sing the soundtrack

Jane McDonald to announce the competition to win 10000 unsellable Captain Sir Tom Moore books, only £15.50 to enter the phone competition, 2p goes to charity and £15.48 of your call will go to the IT'S WHAT HE WOULD'VE WANTED Ingram Moore holiday fund.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I feel we're aiming a bit high here...

Channel 5's Captain Sir Tom Moore Biopic as shown on 5Star

Jane McDonald as Hannah

Jane McDonald to sing the soundtrack

Jane McDonald to announce the competition to win 10000 unsellable Captain Sir Tom Moore books, only £15.50 to enter the phone competition, 2p goes to charity and £15.48 of your call will go to the IT'S WHAT HE WOULD'VE WANTED Ingram Moore holiday fund.
featuring the hits
I would walk 500 miles
Money money money
Woah! We’re going to Barbados

• Haha
Reactions: 37