Captain Sir Tom Moore #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom's military service was in Burma, I believe, and was nothing to do with Northern Ireland. Someone painting 'IRA' on his image was presumably done because Tom was in the army and the IRA hated the occupying British forces. It may have been someone who genuinely supported Irish nationalism but was also likely to have been someone just trying to be edgy.

Reactions: 4
To be fair, do we know if he voted Tory in the specific election that brought in the Labour government that set up the NHS? It was only just after the war. Tom might not have been demobilised and back from Asia, then.

Reactions: 2
I knew it would be some sort of quote!
Is she going to claim this quote as Tom’s now?
A whole new merchandising line.
Roll up, roll up get your mugs and T shirts here…
Something like:

"Live, love, laugh and paws for a moment"

"I heard you were pawly, captain is praying for your speedy recovery"

"Tom thinks you are pawsome".

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Surely Hannah must know that the majority of people can see right through the grift now? I can’t believe the hungry witch is still popping up every few weeks 🤬

Reactions: 2
There’s still a lot about Sir Tom we don’t know, and probably never will now. One thing I do remember though was Popbitch saying that a top London law firm working on his behalf(or more likely Hannahs) were sending out cease and desist letters to the press at the height of his fame during lockdown. Clearly they were being warned off publishing something about him, but what?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
The OAP rich twit was a tory? Colour me shocked. Next you'll be telling he's a racist.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To be fair, none of us know if he voted Tory way back when.
The kindly gentleman portrayal jarred with me when he disparaged his first wife saying it was a sexless marriage.
Why did we need to know that? None of our business and she wasn’t alive to defend herself.

Reactions: 16
The kindly gentleman portrayal jarred with me when he disparaged his first wife saying it was a sexless marriage.
Why did we need to know that? None of our business and she wasn’t alive to defend herself.
Actually in his autobiography he talks about being member of a conservative club when he was young man.

Reactions: 3
Surely Hannah must know that the majority of people can see right through the grift now? I can’t believe the hungry witch is still popping up every few weeks 🤬
I noticed the comments on social media have got a bit more questioning about this lately - people mentioning grifting a lot, maybe people have wised up to this because it's dragging on so long now after the man is dead. I really hope some journalist does a critical analysis of the whole endeavour in a few years because it will echo what a lot of people are thinking.

Did Hannah use "Ingram" or "Ingram Moore" before Captain Tom got famous?

I thought that was really bad manners and it made me question his character, disclosing something so private and intimate to the world.

I only saw a book extract in the Daily Mail, does anyone know if there were any other revealing tidbits in the book where Tom did, or didn't, come across well?

There’s still a lot about Sir Tom we don’t know, and probably never will now. One thing I do remember though was Popbitch saying that a top London law firm working on his behalf(or more likely Hannahs) were sending out cease and desist letters to the press at the height of his fame during lockdown. Clearly they were being warned off publishing something about him, but what?
I'm not too familiar with Popbitch...is it generally accurate?

Part of the Captain Tom novelty seems to be that he was one of the last WW2 veterans in the UK and people saw it as the last chance to salute a ww2 vet in person. I don't know how many are left altogether but given that if you signed up at 18 in 1944 you'd now be 95, there can't be many, or at least many who are lucid and reasonably mobile like Captain Tom was.

Reactions: 6
Hannah used Ingram. Her husband changed his name to Ingram Moore during the height of the grift. I honestly think this is deplorable and I am wondering why people weren’t questioning this madness earlier

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Hannah used Ingram. Her husband changed his name to Ingram Moore during the height of the grift. I honestly think this is deplorable and I am wondering why people weren’t questioning this madness earlier
The husband seems quite fame hungry too... he replies to celebs on Twitter and name-drops Captain Tom and Hannah even when the tweets have nothing to do with them...

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.