Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eurgh the daughter is on the news crying about online trolls!
Seriously, though, as if he's so mentally fragile have been heartbroken. I can picture him putting them in their places if he'd answered: "Me, bothered by insults? Spent half my twenties in a jungle fearing bullet or sabres up the arse from slit-eyed sneaks. If you young'uns did that, you'd shake and tit yourselves worse than me with tropical fever back in '41."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Eurgh the daughter is on the news crying about online trolls!
The reporter, wrapping up the interview: “Thank you for lending him to us for the last ten months”. 🤢 Really? This is serious reporting?
She was quick to get in that she was looking forward to bringing us some exciting things in the months to come. Of course she is.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thanks for having a decent, balanced thread on this topic. Nothing but respect for Captain Tom. The only bad thing I've ever seen about him was that horrible Tweet which got the guy arrested.

But I am so sick of seeing his daughter all over the news. Don't get me wrong, she's a bloody PR genius for this shitshow, I just couldn't imagine parading my ill, frail parent around. She's very good at coming up with new angles for the media to salivate over, even in death. Today, she's comparing him to the Queen because they have the same spirit or some nonsense. I think it was very telling and speaks to her media ambitions that as soon as his story went viral, she had the law firm Schillings firing off warning letters to the press.

It reminds me a bit of the ongoing Kate Garraway story with her husband. Massive sympathies to the family, but please stop with the daily news stories. And if you dare speak up, you're an 'evil troll' or 'wishing death'. It doesn't help that the media has completely lost sight of the real definition of trolling.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hannah now speaking on behalf of HM the Queen:

'And I think she felt genuine loss. We had a lovely letter from her and I think that she feels genuine loss - it's another one of her generation, isn't it.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Thanks for having a decent, balanced thread on this topic. Nothing but respect for Captain Tom. The only bad thing I've ever seen about him was that horrible Tweet which got the guy arrested.

But I am so sick of seeing his daughter all over the news. Don't get me wrong, she's a bloody PR genius for this shitshow, I just couldn't imagine parading my ill, frail parent around. She's very good at coming up with new angles for the media to salivate over, even in death. Today, she's comparing him to the Queen because they have the same spirit or some nonsense. I think it was very telling and speaks to her media ambitions that as soon as his story went viral, she had the law firm Schillings firing off warning letters to the press.

It reminds me a bit of the ongoing Kate Garraway story with her husband. Massive sympathies to the family, but please stop with the daily news stories. And if you dare speak up, you're an 'evil troll' or 'wishing death'. It doesn't help that the media has completely lost sight of the real definition of trolling.
Agreed, as horrible as her husband’s situation is, I’m sick of seeing the constant updates on her and him, just because she works in television.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hannah now speaking on behalf of HM the Queen:

'And I think she felt genuine loss. We had a lovely letter from her and I think that she feels genuine loss - it's another one of her generation, isn't it.'

She didn’t??? 😱😱😱😱 My god..

I wish people would learn the difference between trolling and people’s genuine criticism of taking a 100y/o man on a long haul trip during a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

She doesn't know what a troll is. Nobody has had a go at Tom. We all know he's a legend who did bloody well. All the flack is for one person and one person only and that's Hannah. No law was broken but it wasn't wise to take him there and then have him meet lots of other people with no social distancing. I also felt sorry for the locals with people from our highly infectious island going there when they aren't doing too bad. She had the chance to explain why they took the trip and she hasn't done so. The anger she's got towards the public who were more concerned for her dad than she was should be directed towards herself for what she did.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I've missed this thread, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts. Yes he may have been a 'hero' or 'legend' or whatever people who never met him wanted to call him, but at the end of the day hes was just a person. Just a number. I'm not going to sit and cry over a man I've never met when I can sit and cry about more important things

• Heart
End of day he wasn't a child that you can't explain you can't go there etc, so he would of understood he wouldn't forfil his bucket list. And I'm sorry he had plenty of time too before he was a 100 like. But there's loads of ill children what won't have time to do their bucket list etc you know what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know it's been said before but the collective hysteria over a 100 year old man dying after a holiday in Barbados during a pandemic compared to say, the loss of life at Grenfell really sums up this country in 2021.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Its absolutely nauseating her going on about him still. She's very false and the nation needs to move on from hearing about any angle of this story. Enough is enough. Helen needs to concentrate now on her family and day job not on becoming the next Amanda Holden.

I know it's been said before but the collective hysteria over a 100 year old man dying after a holiday in Barbados during a pandemic compared to say, the loss of life at Grenfell really sums up this country in 2021.
Yeah people don't give a tit about the poor and powerless but salivate over anyone rich combined with being in the military. Instead of money for a bloody statue anything raised should be going on a public cause like a foodbank or in the pot to help victims of the cladding scandal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've missed this thread, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts. Yes he may have been a 'hero' or 'legend' or whatever people who never met him wanted to call him, but at the end of the day hes was just a person. Just a number. I'm not going to sit and cry over a man I've never met when I can sit and cry about more important things
Precisely this we can all cry for the obscene amount of people who were also much loved and heroes in their own right to someone for some reason. These people died alone and people continue to and will do so for a long time to come yet. Be it from or with COVID or whatever else. Disgusts me that his family and him have received different treatment be it by being allowed to his bedside or by being applauded for disobeying the very message he/they were calling for.Along with the government of bloody well stay at home fffffs 😡😡😡😡

Reactions: 12
Another line that sounds like it came from a PR dept to add to the list :rolleyes:

I wonder if the high dislike ratio is at the "horrific trolling" or at the story? Comments are disabled

1613578473018.png

• Sick
Reactions: 10
A huge collective duck OFF Hannah you attention seeking money grabbing feckless brat!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The reporter, wrapping up the interview: “Thank you for lending him to us for the last ten months”. 🤢 Really? This is serious reporting?
She was quick to get in that she was looking forward to bringing us some exciting things in the months to come. Of course she is.
I mean we’ve been given captain Tom gin, a bong with his face on it, a bedspread and numerous balloon sculptures what else is left that we could possibly want

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.