Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Those photos at the end of the last thread make me feel so sad that he was paraded around and used for photo opportunities by his family. IF you’re going to go away during a pandemic (which I think was completely wrong, bucket list or not) surely you’d make sure that you keep as far away from other people as possible rather than mingling at every opportunity. The lack of social distancing and masks made it inevitable that he would catch something. The way his family put him at risk like that is disgusting. He didn’t have to have his photo taken with anyone, there is a word such as NO.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Those photos at the end of the last thread make me feel so sad that he was paraded around and used for photo opportunities by his family. IF you’re going to go away during a pandemic (which I think was completely wrong, bucket list or not) surely you’d make sure that you keep as far away from other people as possible rather than mingling at every opportunity. The lack of social distancing and masks made it inevitable that he would catch something. The way his family put him at risk like that is disgusting. He didn’t have to have his photo taken with anyone, there is a word such as NO.
I want to take every one of these pictures and reply to every twat that thinks it was lovely he got a holiday and ask them if he looks happy. Because he doesn’t. He looks frail and ill and they look like smug:

He should never have gone. He should have been at home, stable and in familiar surroundings. His family and those he’s been pictured with have used him and it’s sickening 🤬

I said it on the previous thread. He did not deserve to die in discomfort in hospital. I wonder is his family hasn’t put their own needs before his maybe he would have passed peacefully in his sleep.

• Sad
Reactions: 57

Winners_Song

VIP Member
This morning on BBC Radio Manchester a member of the public called in and gave them the smack down on why he should never have gone, it was great. He said the taxi driver should have refused the job to the airport 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 43

50sGirl

VIP Member
You know the bit that gets me?
His last words apparently were along the lines of “you can do or be anything you want”.
Really????

I lost my Dad last month - no family vigil allowed by the bedside, no special privileges for us - we had to say our goodbyes over the telephone.
I felt like my heart was being ripped out but my Dad and I both said what we wanted to say under such dreadful circumstances.
If during that call my Dad’s final words had been some “inspirational quote” I honestly would have been devastated.
Ours was a final call between a loving father and daughter, something meaningful just to us - not something to relay to the rest of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Hater8

Why is having a different opinion now considered 'trolling'? I'm sorry I don't agree with you, Hannah Double-Barrelled. I'm sorry you felt the need to take BA up on their offer of a freebie holiday, which, ultimately, saw you 100 year old father off. I'm sorry you are loving the media attention so much, but are hating the negative comments. I'm sorry the village where you live, in your sumptuous house, is also occupied by 140 families who had to visit the local food bank last month just to stay alive (data available online - Need Project). Cry me a river.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Not to sound like I have a photo of the poor fella on a dartboard regarding Tom but people have gone far too overboard.
I personally felt that the little boy Tony deserved a lot more than what he got, he overcame being abused by his parents and having his legs amputated to raise money for the hospital that looked after him if I personally find his story more inspiring and heroic than walking up and down your garden.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was at my friend’s husband’s wake and at her table. A couple came over and asked my friend what her man’s last words were. Completely straight faced she replied “I think I’ve just shit myself”. I told her she could maybe make something up for next time someone asked.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve never seen the ‘abuse’ directed towards Sir Tom. It’s the daughter & everything I’ve read has been spot on. She needs to go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Well done Hannah, you may as well just stick two fingers up at every single relative who has been denied the right to attend their loved one’s funeral over the past year.
imagine anyone of us rocking up at a crematorium during the past few months saying “right, over there I want a group firing guns, the plane will fly past over there, tv cameras over there and can we keep reiterating that it’s private please”.

This has to go down as the most tasteless media circus car crash ever.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
I know it's been said before but the collective hysteria over a 100 year old man dying after a holiday in Barbados during a pandemic compared to say, the loss of life at Grenfell really sums up this country in 2021.

• Heart

sdmilne

An offensive tweet sure, but not worth police and court time during a pandemic. Where are the arrests for the threats of murder and sexual violence regularly directed at JK Rowling on Twitter?

• Heart

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Well. The flypast over my Grandads house earlier was lovely but sad because he would have loved it but sadly he passed in hospital (and no his family were not allowed to gather....same hospital as Tom but never mind).

I drove past the crem forgetting and was covered with police and TV crews. Local roads were closed aswell as the hearse went through.
Crem doesn't usually do Saturday services but seems they did today. Us normal folk get 30 min services and not allowed to choose our own pallbearers or walk in behind the coffin. We have to wait at the door until it's placed down and then enter but seems tis all one rule for the rest of us. But it was a lovely service for him.

I've had to bite my tongue writing this so I don't flip. But I'll attend my Grandads funeral, also a war vet, without the fanfare and an actual private family funeral.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Did anyone see Lorraine this morning? Shot of Sarah Gilbert getting a standing ovation, whilst she sat looking embarrassed. Then she said “and Captain Sir Tom Moore’s daughter was there too” and a picture of her standing up waving

then she said “there you go, two different ways of how people conduct themselves”

total shade thrown

• Haha
Reactions: 29

hereforthedrama1

Chatty Member

This man was 110 yesterday, what an inspiration..
That's who we should be praising and clapping for. And many others like him. Not rich old men and their families who use everything as a publicity stunt and then fuck off to the Caribbean as a big old slap in the face to every NHS worker out there. That family are well off and they did not experience the same pandemic we did, they were a clear line that sat between rich and poor. It is further proof that we were never 'all in the same boat', they were on a luxury yacht while some people were struggling to swim.

OT slightly feel free to scroll past

The clapping really bothered me, it was just a dick swinging contest (as I've said before) and these key workers came out and said they didn't want it, they wanted to be paid, they wanted to be able to live. They didn't want to be heroes, they wanted humility. I took part in the minutes silence, I didn't take part in the candle-lit vigil (controversial) because what was the point? I know it's a nice thing to do but so many of those deaths were preventable if the government acted faster and had a proper lockdown from the beginning. Candles, clapping, gongs, fireworks will do nothing for the deaths of over 126,000 people, for their friends, families, colleagues. Because no one really cares, or they would've stuck to lockdown. My mums best friends husband died the other day. The day after that people were meeting in gardens and parks, getting trashed, having fights. That poor woman had sat at her husbands bedside for 21 days (she worked at the hospital, she's not just really wealthy and over publicised like Tom) begging for him to wake up, his granddaughter was born and he never met her. No amount of 'freedom' or Capt Tom statues will bring her husband back. It's time to focus on the real issues, not just this glorified old man and his glory seeking family.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I will never forget him, he's on The Battle of Corona I have hanging up in the lounge
Screenshot_20210909-173540_Chrome.jpg

Etsy is such an interesting site.

• Haha
  • Wow

stopthescams

Chatty Member
I think of all the times the police have let down women in domestic violence cases yet they can trace someone down on the internet for a vile tweet that probably should’ve been just a banning more than anything...

• Heart