Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s ridiculous. If one is commissioned I hope it’s funded by donations and not out of the public purse.
Ye they can bloody well pay for it themselves they have more enough to do so and even more now with Captain Toms estate no doubt.

Reactions: 7

She doesn't know what a troll is. Nobody has had a go at Tom. We all know he's a legend who did bloody well. All the flack is for one person and one person only and that's Hannah. No law was broken but it wasn't wise to take him there and then have him meet lots of other people with no social distancing. I also felt sorry for the locals with people from our highly infectious island going there when they aren't doing too bad. She had the chance to explain why they took the trip and she hasn't done so. The anger she's got towards the public who were more concerned for her dad than she was should be directed towards herself for what she did.
I could see her hiding the 'horrific trolling' because it was aimed at her,
Another line that sounds like it came from a PR dept to add to the list :rolleyes:

I wonder if the high dislike ratio is at the "horrific trolling" or at the story? Comments are disabled

View attachment 441781
Gotta keep him in the news somehow, despite everything else going on in the world. We'll have the anniversary of the walk coming up soon, and no doubt any rememberance event will be hijacked. I'm guessing they can squeeze out at least one more mawkish book called 'The Real Captain Tom' written by 'the family' (actually just the one daughter).

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The stuff about 'exciting things to come' in her interview earlier says it all really 🙄. Fully expecting some sort of official Captain Tom Mother's Day merch to appear in a week or two

Just wish they'd let him rest in peace

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

If guilty he needs to be properly dealt with. How anyone can hate Tom I don't know.
Seriously though it’s a tweet fgs. People get away with literal murder. I can’t even be bothered to read the tweet tbh. It happens if you put yourself in social media it’s not right but it happens

If guilty he needs to be properly dealt with. How anyone can hate Tom I don't know.
Think that’s a bit far fetched tbh! People get away with rape and murder people who kill someone by dangerous driving get hardly any prison time. And could say the same about people crying how much they love Captain Tom it’s just as ridiculous as hating him imo. They don’t know him to have either one of those strong feelings 🤦🏻‍♀️Not saying trolling is ok it’s not.But if you open yourself up to public domain someone or more than one ,will likely say something horrible/ criminal. Who knows why this man has said anything.Maybe he’s as pissed off as we have been on here about not seeing a dying relative when Captain Tom was apparently granted this?

Seriously though it’s a tweet fgs. People get away with literal murder. I can’t even be bothered to read the tweet tbh. It happens if you put yourself in social media it’s not right but it happens

Think that’s a bit far fetched tbh! People get away with rape and murder people who kill someone by dangerous driving get hardly any prison time. And could say the same about people crying how much they love Captain Tom it’s just as ridiculous as hating him imo. They don’t know him to have either one of those strong feelings 🤦🏻‍♀️Not saying trolling is ok it’s not.But if you open yourself up to public domain someone or more than one ,will likely say something horrible/ criminal. Who knows why this man has said anything.Maybe he’s as pissed off as we have been on here about not seeing a dying relative when Captain Tom was apparently granted this?
Too add my teenage daughter 17 at the time was harassed via social media by a girl that started actually stalking her. She would turn up at places my daughter was and follow her. She egged our home tried to steal our family car and involved her dad and older sister. All of this because my daughter spoke to a lad she had once dated. My daughter ended up having to go to a very scary police station were she was told by the interviewing officer about how many murderers had sat in the same room as her in the past I mean wth.The case got officially classed as an harassment case and although was deemed serious and the other girl was 19 so classed as an adult. She turned on the mental health card and my daughter was forced into a face to face meeting with her something called restorative justice. She just lied her way out of it and my daughter being the person she is wanted it over with so agreed to an apology with a view to sentence if the other girl persisted. So believe me I know how much impact things like this have it destroyed our family for a long time. Point I’m trying to make is the advice my daughter and I were given is that she remove herself from any/all social media is that fair in this day and age? I think not,but obviously as that was the main way she was being harassed it would of put a stop to at least that. Do you think Captain Toms family have been advised of the same or any of these insta hungry lot? I doubt it very much, but it would stop the abuse much more quickly and costly than what they actually are doing?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
His family are loving the “trolling” they are getting so it can keep them relevant for a bit longer. Although I believe 99.9% of “trolling” is comments about them money grabbing and taking him on holiday during a pandemic with just the odd genuine trolling comment like the man in that article. Still a complete waste of police time, have they not heard of the block button? They shouldn’t even be on Toms social media now he’s passed away anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why is having a different opinion now considered 'trolling'? I'm sorry I don't agree with you, Hannah Double-Barrelled. I'm sorry you felt the need to take BA up on their offer of a freebie holiday, which, ultimately, saw you 100 year old father off. I'm sorry you are loving the media attention so much, but are hating the negative comments. I'm sorry the village where you live, in your sumptuous house, is also occupied by 140 families who had to visit the local food bank last month just to stay alive (data available online - Need Project). Cry me a river.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why is having a different opinion now considered 'trolling'? I'm sorry I don't agree with you, Hannah Double-Barrelled. I'm sorry you felt the need to take BA up on their offer of a freebie holiday, which, ultimately, saw you 100 year old father off. I'm sorry you are loving the media attention so much, but are hating the negative comments. I'm sorry the village where you live, in your sumptuous house, is also occupied by 140 families who had to visit the local food bank last month just to stay alive (data available online - Need Project). Cry me a river.
Standing ovation!!! You said it perfectly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

You're really on the wrong thread. No one here hates him but it's a tweet, not a bleeping firework shoved through his door (real thing that happened, got away with it) As others have set, a lot worse things have happened that people have gotten away with.

Reactions: 16
Have they said anything about the funeral? I'm getting the feeling Hannah is waiting for the easing of lockdown announcement to see if they can make a bigger event of it than they can at present.

Reactions: 9
Have they said anything about the funeral? I'm getting the feeling Hannah is waiting for the easing of lockdown announcement to see if they can make a bigger event of it than they can at present.
Yeah it's suspiciously quiet.

Reactions: 6
Bet theyve sacrificed some of the close family spaces for the Daily Mail and Sun journos. duck the rest of the family, get the cameras in

• Haha
I’d be totally fine with them finding a new covid variant on Friday if it means the weekend media won’t be flooded with yet more Captain Tom stories and reports

• Haha
Just heard it on the radio and stated that the family said they have no choice but to have a small funeral. So they didn't get the state burial they were hoping for.

Reactions: 13
I bet Piers Morgan is seeing if his black suit still fits and Michael Ball is doing some voice warming exercises.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.