Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A waxwork in Madame Tussauds is surely the next step?!
A waxwork of him now feels slightly meaningless when placed among genuine celebrities and historical figures. Let alone in 10, 20, 50, 100 years.

Reactions: 2
Not to sound like I have a photo of the poor fella on a dartboard regarding Tom but people have gone far too overboard.
I personally felt that the little boy Tony deserved a lot more than what he got, he overcame being abused by his parents and having his legs amputated to raise money for the hospital that looked after him if I personally find his story more inspiring and heroic than walking up and down your garden.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I was thinking may be his family had been told he was ill and wouldn't last much longer hence the holiday and your comment would add weight to that
If that IS the case his family should be even more ashamed of themselves for constantly parading him around and putting him even more at risk with no masks and lack of social distancing etc. If anything he deserved to live his last few weeks peacefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not to sound like I have a photo of the poor fella on a dartboard regarding Tom but people have gone far too overboard.
I personally felt that the little boy Tony deserved a lot more than what he got, he overcame being abused by his parents and having his legs amputated to raise money for the hospital that looked after him if I personally find his story more inspiring and heroic than walking up and down your garden.
aww that little lad is so inspiring. I actually live opposite the block of flats where the poor lad was abused. Horrendous to know that it was going on right there. He has such a great outlook on life though and he certainly deserves more recognition. All of this OTT stuff is silly and really makes me cringe 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I think Tony should get more recognition maybe a selection of toys or games or whatever he wants,or a holiday post lockdown. A 100year old Indian man and a 91year old Welshman also raisedomey by walking and got no recognition. Then again they are the wrong class and not English and haven't got a daughter in marketing with good contacts.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think Tony should get more recognition maybe a selection of toys or games or whatever he wants,or a holiday post lockdown. A 100year old Indian man and a 91year old Welshman also raisedomey by walking and got no recognition. Then again they are the wrong class and not English and haven't got a daughter in marketing with good contacts.
Such a sad state of reality

Reactions: 8
Just found this one. :LOL:

the little girl has been told to pose and smile about the snowman when in reality as soon as it snowed, her dad pushed her out of the way and used up all the snow in their garden to create Tom

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is it just me that finds all of these ‘tributes’ distasteful? The man has only been gone a week and if it were my family member being reincarnated into a cake/balloon/snowman I’d be mortified. But then I suppose Hannah welcomes any attention that she can get 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Oh I’ve finally found my place!
I’ve been made to feel like some awful sick heartless person to not buy into the captain Tom hype. It’s great what he did but I don’t think it warrants the mass attention it’s getting nor all the milking it for every penny. Quite clearly a cash cow to his family poor sod

Think it’s disgraceful that he went away for Christmas but it’s not mentioned, i bought it up on a news article that I hoped he made a full recovery but going away at his age was not a good idea - he died later that day and I had a barrage of comments calling me a scumbag etc and ‘am I happy his dead now’ what the heck!?!?!!! Why are people so unhinged about it all?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.