Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is weird. The creator of a roadside soldier statue has added a walking frame to it in tribute to Captain Tom-who was able-bodied in his soldier days.

View attachment 424880View attachment 424881

It's placed just before a corner, with signs telling drivers to look out for cyclists and walkers. How stupid is that? Drivers will take their eyes off the road to look at this and it could potentially result in accidents. Presumably the council can't ask for it to be moved to a safer place, because then they'd be accused of being disrespectful to Captain Tom.

Reactions: 14
The cakes! Do they think it's dignified to chop into CT's sponge nose or ears, and eat it?! And what about balloons when he droops do they pop him with a pin and throw him in the bin?.😒 It's simply shameful that "mourners" pay their respects like this - it's just thoughtlessly outdoing each other for "likes" 🙄

People are feckin' nuts!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
People are acting as if he singled handedly won the war and solved the covid-19 pandemic.

Reactions: 23

Anyone know what the person in question said? With the media not reporting it we don't know what level of offense was tweeted or if indeed it was offensive.
Goodness. Remember the days when the police just went after villains?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Captain Tom in Heaven gets a second chance to live his last year. He arrives back at his house at the start of 2020. His daughter phones.

'Erm, Hannah, you know that idea of yours-let's give it a miss....No, not even the local paper.....being sponsored by close family and friends will do....'

And just when I thought I was beyond being surprised over the Captain Tom craze....

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought you’d appreciate this screenshot from a teachers group I’m in 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Planning what? How much do we know about him? Apart from walking 100 laps of his garden, what did he do. I know he fought in the war, so did most people of his age. (I am appreciative of all who fought) but why include him as a topic. Really quite strange.

Reactions: 15
Planning what? How much do we know about him? Apart from walking 100 laps of his garden, what did he do. I know he fought in the war, so did most people of his age. (I am appreciative of all who fought) but why include him as a topic. Really quite strange.
Because we definitely need to teach kids about yet another straight white male. 🙄

In reality I have no idea - luckily I don’t know them personally and we won’t be adding him to our curriculum

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.