Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Planning what? How much do we know about him? Apart from walking 100 laps of his garden, what did he do. I know he fought in the war, so did most people of his age. (I am appreciative of all who fought) but why include him as a topic. Really quite strange.
I read an excerpt from his book in an article and was appalled by the way the first wife was spoken about. I wondered if she was around to agree to her dirty laundry being published like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I am slightly regretting coming to read this thread now after seeing all those terrible balloon/cake/paper mache/whatever anyone can think of models of Captain Tom. It's terrifying.

Reactions: 10
Captain Tom in Heaven gets a second chance to live his last year. He arrives back at his house at the start of 2020. His daughter phones.

'Erm, Hannah, you know that idea of yours-let's give it a miss....No, not even the local paper.....being sponsored by close family and friends will do....'

And just when I thought I was beyond being surprised over the Captain Tom craze....

Woah! This is scary. It's so wrong. It's completely out of control.

Reactions: 2
Just seen that someone has been arrested for making an offensive tweet re Captain Tom. I haven't seen the tweet, and I'm not sure what isn't classed as offensive nowadays, but for the amount of trolling that goes on twitter in general i can't believe this is what is taken seriously of all things.

Reactions: 13

Yel

I guess it will come out a week on Wednesday what the tweet was. You'd think police Scotland had more pressing issues

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "On Friday 5 February 2021, we received a report of an offensive tweet about Captain Sir Tom Moore who died on Tuesday 2 February.

"A 35-year-old man has subsequently been arrested and charged in connection with communication offences and is due to appear at Lanark Sheriff Court on Wednesday 17 February."

Edit apparently the tweet was:

Only good British soldier is a dead one (paraphrased)

i think it was by someone with a significant following as lots seem to have seen it and say it came from a Scottish nationalist so maybe they're treating it like they would a newspaper or tv station saying it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Apparently this is the offensive tweet that caused the person who posted it to be arrested.

FB_IMG_1612808158640.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
That’s an awful tweet.

I’m not medical but doesn’t pneumonia usually occur as a secondary illness? That would explain why Captain Tom looked so awful in the photos. He was poorly while his family were trailing him round everywhere. They must have noticed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I swear to flipping god this country has gone bonkers with pointless gestures. Imagine instead of a zombie apocalypse we will be taken over by an army of captain Tom balloons and cakes 😅😅

Reactions: 9

Yel

Awful tweet, but does it warrant all that police and court time?

If someone posted something similar on tattle (aimed at anyone) it would get reported in minutes and they'd be banned a few minutes later.

Reactions: 17
An offensive tweet sure, but not worth police and court time during a pandemic. Where are the arrests for the threats of murder and sexual violence regularly directed at JK Rowling on Twitter?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
We all might end up getting traced and sent to court for voicing opinions!.
There a big statue to him getting unveiled on the regional news tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think of all the times the police have let down women in domestic violence cases yet they can trace someone down on the internet for a vile tweet that probably should’ve been just a banning more than anything...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Apparently this is the offensive tweet that caused the person who posted it to be arrested.

View attachment 425797
That's just nasty like, not even funny (n)

That’s an awful tweet.

I’m not medical but doesn’t pneumonia usually occur as a secondary illness? That would explain why Captain Tom looked so awful in the photos. He was poorly while his family were trailing him round everywhere. They must have noticed.
I was thinking may be his family had been told he was ill and wouldn't last much longer hence the holiday and your comment would add weight to that

Reactions: 3
From balloons to cakes. It just gets more bizarre
View attachment 424724
Looks a little camp, that.

'I beg pardon!? How dare you! How very dare you! Just because a man walks uphill in his garden and comes in the back gate, don't mean he keeps a spot of lube in his pocket and hangs out with all the boys at the YMCA!' (Takes delivery from postman; opens it).

'"Rent Boy Orgy!" Do excuse me!' (Runs eagerly indoors with DVD).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.