Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This presumably made perfect sense to whoever posted it!
A funeral director where I am are running a competition, open to all kids, to draw Sir Tom or something that reminds them of him. Then the pictures will be going in the window.

I’m frightened and excited in equal measure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
A funeral director where I am are running a competition, open to all kids, to draw Sir Tom or something that reminds them of him. Then the pictures will be going in the window.

I’m frightened and excited in equal measure.
It's the 'something that reminds them of him' bit that could be tricky. Someone could send in a picture of some sharply-dressed but thuggish-looking guy with lots of gold bling and diamond rings, next to a woman with a mini-skirt, crop top and boob and lip implants, with the caption 'a pimp and his hoe-because Captain Tom got whored out in life and death.'

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Someone else using Tom to help make their own name.

Someone stepping on Captain Tom's face.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
I'm convinced people are just trying to outdo each other in the LOOK HOW MUCH I CARE!!! stakes when I see people suggesting things like a statue in Trafalgar Square, face on a banknote, national holiday, etc. Just people bored in lockdown desperate for attention and they are using poor old Tom to get it.

It's become a very twisted competition that I can't begin to understand. What drives people to behave this way? I find it so interesting!

Reactions: 24
Just following on from the first thread, my Grandfather is now at "visitor allowed" stage BUT.....

Only one visitor unlike CT being allowed 3 at one time.

Tried using the line of exceptional circumstances/case by case basis but my Grandfather is a war vet too and we are a VERY small family and about to get smaller. I'm seriously angry at the hospital but glad I did get to see him before he was taken to hospital. Alas he had the vaccine too late as didn't start until January here so by time he got his he was in hospital a couple of days later

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
This thread has killed me off 😂😂😂(no pun intended ) the balloon sculptures😂😂
Seriously though when is all this madness going to blow over ? ...it is going to blow over right ? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think if the family are sensible, they should try and keep things lower key for a while, or people could end up turning against them and the whole Cult of Captain Tom!

Reactions: 8
I find all those balloon ‘creations’ absolutely terrifying. They’re horror film worthy!

Reactions: 9
Someone on Facebook said she’s framed his GQ cover and has it on her coffee table as a reminder she can get through whatever comes her way. 🙄 give me strength!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Wow. Haven’t read here for a few days but since when did we start recreating the dead via the medium of cakes, balloons and scarecrows? I hope we don’t do this for everyone who passes because that’s creepy there would be balloon people everywhere 😩 what happens when parts of it start to pop?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I heard the Michael Ball / Captain Tom "You'll Never Walk Alone" "song" for the first time yesterday. Absolutely atrocious. You can tell they just handed him the words and said "read this out" and then they've used autotune to make his voice go higher on the odd word here and there. Just sounded terrible. The poor man having to give up his dignity while being so desperately and relentlessly milked so hard.

Reactions: 18
It has really become rather sick and undignified almost a national unhealthy obsession, let him RIP.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.