Captain Sir Tom Moore #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Note the FIRST live interview since he died. So she will no doubt be doing the rounds 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Oh god, I can't bear this self-promotion interview. Quivery grief-stricken voice at the beginning but she forgot to keep it up as the interview went on 😡

Ending the interview "That would be amazing (a huge memorial after Covid lockdown) and we'd love to come back and tell you about things happening in the future". Got to keep the door open for those future £££s rolling in 🙄

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Yep, she’d love to come back and tell us all about the things that are going to be happening in the future.🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Ending the interview "That would be amazing (a huge memorial after Covid lockdown) and we'd love to come back and tell you about things happening in the future". Got to keep the door open for those future £££s rolling in 🙄
I didn't see the interview you quote. By "huge memorial" does she mean a larger service of remembrance after the family funeral?

Reactions: 2
'You were always by side in all the interviews he did' - damn straight she was.

I wouldn't want all you lovely people who didn't see the interview to miss out on it, so here it is :D

Oh and Piers Morgan first heard of Captain Tom when one of his grandchildren tweeted him - wow, what a coincidence!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Even in death she still continues to milk the situation. She needs to let him rest in peace.

Reactions: 15
I got a YouGov poll yesterday asking how supportive I'd be of a statute for Tom.
Sadly it wasn't one of those public polls but I'd absolutely love to see the results.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
'All we did as a family was hang on' - I think 'cling on' is more apt actually.

"Toll (the bell) For Tom"!

DailyMail said:
Church bells will ring out across the country for the first time in months on Saturday - in honour of Britain's Covid hero Captain Sir Tom Moore.

Hundreds of bellringers across the UK will be joining others in remembering the 100-year-old Army veteran.

They will ring a single bell 100 times on Saturday to mark his funeral.

The exact time of the funeral has not been released so as to reduce the risk of well-wishers gathering so it is suggested that bells will be tolled at 12 noon.

The only ringing that has been allowed during lock-down has been either a single bell- or bells rung by the same family group in churches that have been open.

The majority of churches however have remained closed to public worship. The authorities ruled that as it was impossible to maintain social distancing in most bell-towers, the traditional practice would be halted.

But Vicki Chapman of the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers said: 'Obviously with the latest announcement from the government, we might look forward to getting bells regularly ringing again by the end of June.'

The Church of England has not been able to give a formal endorsement of such plans but officials have confirmed that the tolling of a single bell 'would be part of an act of worship in this instance.'
It never ends :ROFLMAO:

I like how she's saying that more things are on the way.

Ummm how? He walked, not them.

Gin 2.0 perhaps?

Reactions: 7
I wouldn't want all you lovely people who didn't see the interview to miss out on it, so here it is :D

And the Oscar goes to that lady...
As someone else said, bad times when you make Matt Hancock look likeable

Interesting at 6.20 it was her saying to captain Tom a private funeral might not ‘cut it’

Why was she in every interview he did as well? Didn’t see her doing that walk for the nhs?

Reactions: 2
How are there plans for the future? He’s gone and that should be the end of it.

• Heart
I think she's hoping more holidays are on the way. Also - his grandson gives me the creeps.
It was his dying wish that all the family get a free trip to the Maldives. First class of course or you're dishonouring his memory.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm not British but I enjoy reading on here about his awful family 😂

He did a lovely thing raising all that money. The way people are dragging it on now and if you say anything you're a horrible person.

Not sure what age the grand daughter is or even what she looks like. Off of this she could become your typical instagram influencer. Probably will.

I keep thinking in my head what's next will be a movie of his life. Most likely. Some British film company will buy the rights from the family. His story of being in ww2 and meeting a girl and falling in love and having his children then later raising the money that he did.
I can see the image in my head they'd use for the poster for the movie. A younger sir tom looking to the sky with fighter jets flying over. Captioned "Sir Tom, a true hero"

It's been mentioned what could be next.
With everything else they've exploited so far.
Talk of a statue and a hospital named after him, or money. The next thing to me something big like that would be a movie.
Whether documentary or more like a movie.
The family would make a bucket load.

I think that's where they will go next, a movie.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
They're ringing church bells across the country for Captain Tom on Saturday (press the link then see the sub-article to the right in the blue box about mid-way down.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.