Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she keep saying her 'personal brand'? Apparently her personal brand likes hot tubs. I didn't know a brand could get into a hot tub? Why not just say...i like hot tubs or even Dan and I like hot tubs? I don't get it
The personal brand 😂😂
I find it deeply weird to describe things you like as a personal brand.
I had weetabix for breakfast. Is that my personal brand now? 🙄

My personal brand likes to spend 30 minutes on the toilet scrolling through Instagram 🤣
It's just weird...she's basically talking about herself in 3rd person...
She is no brand or has no brand. And if she did what the hell would it be? She touts whatever pays the most. Nike...never see her in that. Travel...never declares all that. Anthropologie...can't buy that in the UK (plus size). Let's see how long until her 'personal brand' is touting a blow up lazy spa.

Reactions: 6
'If I stop posting ads I won't be able to pay my mortgage?' Is she for bleeping real??
GET A PROPER JOB YOU TAX-DODGING twit!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She needs to focus on her weight gain. She’s going to have a heart attack if she’s not careful. Her face is so big it actually looks inflamed

Reactions: 2
'If I stop posting ads I won't be able to pay my mortgage?' Is she for bleeping real??
GET A PROPER JOB YOU TAX-DODGING twit!
This is absolutely tone deaf. Like anything this pandemic / the associated panic will disproportionately impact people who are already living close to or below the breadline, I’m more concerned about how a 0 hours worker on minimum wage will afford their rent & food than your ad tit.

We will all have our worries but we can park airing them when they’re so comparatively privileged, it just doesn’t need to be said. She has a company account with cash in, access to credit (which she knows she can repay with sponcon), assets to sell, even having a mortgage you’re more likely to get a payment holiday than a tenant at the mercy of a landlord, like boo hoo baby.

I didn’t think she was like this tbh and am disappointed to have heard this.

Reactions: 11
This is absolutely tone deaf. Like anything this pandemic / the associated panic will disproportionately impact people who are already living close to or below the breadline, I’m more concerned about how a 0 hours worker on minimum wage will afford their rent & food than your ad tit.

We will all have our worries but we can park airing them when they’re so comparatively privileged, it just doesn’t need to be said. She has a company account with cash in, access to credit (which she knows she can repay with sponcon), assets to sell, even having a mortgage you’re more likely to get a payment holiday than a tenant at the mercy of a landlord, like boo hoo baby.

I didn’t think she was like this tbh and am disappointed to have heard this.
You’re 100% right, I’m totally disgusted by her.
If the whole influencer industry collapses then so be it, it’s built on selling aspirational living. Let’s just see how we can all get by surviving, and so many will deal with loved ones who will have serious struggles. Trotters in bath tubs and jet set Abel can duck right off.

Reactions: 7
You’re 100% right, I’m totally disgusted by her.
If the whole influencer industry collapses then so be it, it’s built on selling aspirational living. Let’s just see how we can all get by surviving, and so many will deal with loved ones who will have serious struggles. Trotters in bath tubs and jet set Abel can duck right off.
It’s a good point re industry collapse - it hasn’t been round long enough for anyone to say okay this is the life cycle of an influencer, you’ve got a good 10 years at it then it’s time to retire... but these girls should be seriously thinking about it?

Like if we compare it to modelling / reality TV (its closest relatives I suppose) you see a finite lifespan. There’s always going to be younger people coming up and entering the market, and surely it’s inevitable that brands will start picking them - whether it’s because their fee is less, they’ve got a new USP, they’re just cooler/prettier/funnier/some other shallow reason?! Influencers scale and their market becomes saturated, I refuse to believe if you’re posting 3-4 ads or press bits a week it’s even converting effectively anymore.

Influencing is still very much for the wealthier, if you need the cash to pay your mortgage I think you’re very silly. I know a few smaller influencers (sub 100k followers) and they all work full time roles & use the cash for savings / luxuries / getting married / a house deposit. You can’t build a life around something so fickle - look at what happened to mother of daughters she’s fuuuucked now!

Reactions: 13
Callie has obviously done well money wise - they've bought a flat in London, got married etc. Fair enough Dan works full time but I think for the last few years she has been making bank from insta.

Also she's clearly trying to transition her appeal - her bio on insta reads "travel photography speaker and self love advocate" which.... I'm not sure I even understand 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Callie has obviously done well money wise - they've bought a flat in London, got married etc. Fair enough Dan works full time but I think for the last few years she has been making bank from insta.

Also she's clearly trying to transition her appeal - her bio on insta reads "travel photography speaker and self love advocate" which.... I'm not sure I even understand 🤷‍♂️
There's no doubt she's made £££ out of it, but they all need to be aware that they're making hay whilst the sun is out and they need to prepare themselves for a day where it's not. And not bleeping whinge to us about it. Mother of daughters was absolutely bleeping raking it in and look what happened there, it can all end in a day. Callie isn't a witch so I doubt she'll suffer the same fate, but a slow decline into irrelevancy feels inevitable for all of them? If she's getting upset about ads and paying her mortgage during the corona situation then she clearly needs to diversify her income streams. She is inoffensively sweet/up beat (minus this dumb duck mortgage comment) so could probably do well on TV/radio if she can stop talking about the beigest man on earth.

Wtf is a travel photography SPEAKER? Surely you're a photographer who may or may not do speaking events? Is she instructing ppl on how to pose for travel photogs... Is there even a market for this...

Reactions: 6
Well after watching Danielle Vanier's birthday stories to Callie I can't believe how much she appears to have altered. Madness.

Piss take saying she's concerned about her mortgage then tittering about buying a hot tub. She needs to shove her faux concern up her rear end. Maybe have a bit more concern and thought for others who aren't in such a privileged position.

Reactions: 5
Livid about paying £61 a month for the gym.... Is she making out she actually used the gym before? 😂

Reactions: 3