Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure where she’s going with it, there are brands that do cater for her (wearewewear is a prime example, they go out to a size 30 and is also black owned, so thought Callie would be shouting about them from the roof tops) as you say brands have a size range for a reason, especially a small independent brand, same as they don’t all cater for short/long legs, long bodies etc
Also size 24 my arse

Reactions: 4
Why is she having a go at that swimsuit brand? Don’t say that you’re trying not to shame them because that is EXACTLY what you’re doing. Why is it their fault that they’re sizing doesn’t go up to her size. If they are a small company they will probably be starting out with all the average sizes first to keep their overheads low to see if it makes sense to increase the sizes on offer once they have worked out the demand for their product.
THIS IS ANOTHER SHAMELESS BEG
‘Oh look I love this swimsuit but these sizes don’t fit me’ but (not so) subtly begging for them to increase their sizing and I bet if they did she would be begging to be a brand ambassador for **kindly gifted** products. Give over Callie.
The only swimwear I've ever seen Callie in is BLACK - never anything that bright.

99% of the time her swimwear is her signature black boobtube style !!!!

I don't think brands should have to make things up to size 30 from the get go. I'm saying this as someone who can never get off the rack swimwear because my boobs are too big and need support. I have to buy from brands that do actual bra sizes up to a big cup size - so no primark or supermarkets, or smaller brands like this one. Would I beef about it - no. Would I beg - also no.

Reactions: 6
Also worth noting that it’s not as simple as making the design bigger to fit larger bodies because once you get over a size 18/20, for example, body shape can vary so much that the suits have to effectively go through a redesign.

I also would have put money on Callie being above a size 24. I hope she’s being honest about that and not trying to keep herself marketable.

Reactions: 6
This whole swimsuit thing is so annoying. Just like others have said, there are reasons why brands might not offer a huge range of sizes. She is also shaming them for not providing for her size.

Yes sometimes there aren't plus size options (but there are stores that don't go up to a 12 which I am!) but there are heaps of plus size only stores now. Should I start complaining about them not offering my size too?

Reactions: 5
I completely agree with the lip service comment....there are too many discrepancies in what she posts, and its very apparent that unless it serves her and she gains from it financially or in the obtaining of freebies she's not genuinely interested. Someone made a very valid point yesterday about her slating a swimwear company about sizing when in keeping with all the relentless BLM stuff she has been mindlessly posting recently she could have flagged up a company that supplies both bigger sizes and supported BLM....that spoke volumes to me in that she is disingenuous.

Reactions: 9
Oh she's been to the farmers market again. Come home with a duck load of weird veg in paper bags. Where's the cake and chocolate Cal babes?

• Haha
Reactions: 3