Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do know a French influencer who plans her paid trips to shoot content, she basically decides where to go and then offers content to brands. To be fair her entire life is photographed in an impossibly perfect way, it’s not just nice pics and then here’s the cauliflower Dan and I bought and I think her boyfriend is a photographer too. No idea if Callie has that kind of clout tbh.
Hahaha it’s the cauliflower content that keeps me hanging around tbh

Reactions: 1
I know the area where they live and it’s blatant they drive everywhere which is crazy because the high street where the vegetable stall is (because that’s really what it is, not a fancy ‘farmer’s market’) to the organic shop is a 10 minute walk. The footage from that Story comes from the direction of a side street they would have parked on. So much for being eco friendly! (If you’re a Walthamstow local you know ALL about the debate of driving versus walking in the borough)

I still get the impression she hates their flat and area, she storied throwbacks from their old place in Putney this week. Apart from the ‘farmer’s market’ I don’t think she knows or sees much of their neighbourhood which is a shame, I loved that part of east London, it was great having so much on my doorstep.

Reactions: 4
The trotters out of the bath are back...I don't get it...
Also it's all good advertising a plus size brand in a beautiful hot country but I'm telling you now if I wore that I would die from the heat, I'd be struggling with swollen feet and ankles, I'd be a sweaty mess and that's just to sit and model the dress...it's a bit unrealistic really. Then again I don't find any of her 'conten't at all relatable

Reactions: 7
I honestly think she loves that pose because she thinks it disguises her double chin. It seems like she's stopped exercising altogether now as she hasn't mentioned the gym or swimming in ages.

I saw her story this morning she has a shoot with Elomi and has done another one with Nike... I am deffo overweight myself but something just doesn’t sit right with me these brands using massively overweight models for their campaigns, exactly as I would feel if they were using super skinny models. Neither are Healthy.
I almost feel with the plus size ‘bo po’ community it’s gone out of control and seems like they don’t want to lose weight as they will lose their selling point

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I find it ironic when theses sport brands do campaigns with Plus Size women who are so out of shape and don’t do once ounce of exercise even as a bigger person, posing in gym wear and doing a couple of poses are not working out, Callie and Chloe in Curve should take note if you exercise as you claim you wouldn’t remain that size.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I find it ironic when theses sport brands do campaigns with Plus Size women who are so out of shape and don’t do once ounce of exercise even as a bigger person, posing in gym wear and doing a couple of poses are not working out, Callie and Chloe in Curve should take note if you exercise as you claim you wouldn’t remain that size.
While I agree I also think it means there is another reason for not losing weight. I work out a lot (training to power lift) but I have eating problems. Basically I eat tit because I can. So I remain fat.
But some of these brands miss the point of using plus size models. I don't think most of these even have a gym membership. I know fuller figure fuller bust does (I’m not sure on my feelings towards her) but I respect that she shows that you can be fat and be in gym and all this cool plus size workout wear. As she actually takes pictures IN THE GYM!!

I really liked Callie once. She didn’t try to hard and I found her quite fun and intriguing to watch. I liked her style but now she is boring. It’s either an Ad or a moan.

Reactions: 8
Posting about this thread 🙄
Just discovered this thread myself & went to look at her stories for the first time in ages after your comment, yes there were some nasty & unnecessary comments early on re size...but after that it doesn't seem as if much else has been a personal criticism that'd evoke those emotions in her?

It's ok to call out influencer transparency, it's okay to criticise a lifestyle they're pretending is being paid for by their own salary, because this is stuff that has real world implications for young women - I write this everywhere on tattle but there's not only a top line increase in IVAs, but the most rapid rapid rate of growth is w young women, incidentally they're also the target market for a LOT of these influencers! So there's a duty of care for people living wild lifestyles like this to disclose how they're affording it (and btw - I think the same applies with 'real life' friends who pretend to go through the same struggles~ as the rest of us, when they receive generous parental allowances).

Reactions: 8
What did she say I missed it x
Just saying her mood has been impacted lately because she has a thread on a "blogger hate site" 🙄 And it's making her question and second guess all her content or something to that affect. Nonsense - I'd agree with the above - some of the comments on here are harsh but most of them are legitimate criticisms of the stuff she does and says. It's so unrealistic to be able to go on holiday 6 times a year on an average person's salary!

Reactions: 7
I noticed when she shared some of the comments from here a while back, she didn’t share the ones questioning her lack of transparency when it came to ad’s/ aff’s/ gifted

Reactions: 5
Why does she keep saying her 'personal brand'? Apparently her personal brand likes hot tubs. I didn't know a brand could get into a hot tub? Why not just say...i like hot tubs or even Dan and I like hot tubs? I don't get it

Reactions: 1