Callie Thorpe #4 The Con Corner, enabling Callie to make money standing on her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I think the main reason she doesn't is because the trips are freebies and she doesn't want to upset the brand by saying anything negative which would then cause her to not get the free holidays!!!
Oh, I agree! And it completely absolves her of any integrity. Coming to travel blogging with a view specifically related to travel as plus size AND big and large (from Dan’s perspective— he’s tall and not slight) could form them a niche that I don’t think is covered by an influencer with such a large following.

Reactions: 5
I remember once (I think when she went to Cambodia?) she wrote a blog post about her experience of travelling in Cambodia while fat. As a fellow fat person who’s also riddled with anxiety, it was one of the most refreshing and encouraging blog posts I’ve ever seen. I’ve always wanted to travel, but also been terrified about doing it because of my size. I thought that when Callie transitioned into being a travel influencer she was also going to become one that included advice about doing so while plus size. It’s such a valuable take on travel and I’m really disappointed that she doesn’t lean into it more.

I get not wanting to be pigeonholed as the fat girl who travels but she has a lot of followers like myself who are fat and want the advice! Tell me which airline seats are bigger! Tell me how to handle being stared at!
The article is still there in her blog but even then I didn't like her attitude (and Dan's reaction). I know it's not always easy (for our feelings) but if you're going to travel, open your mind and remember other people have different cultures, different views, different education and manners (or just no manners). South Asian people are not used to see fat, let alone obese people. It's not that common. They will point the finger on you, laugh maybe, even touch you, but not always in a mean way. Don't project your own insecurities. You're far from home, just be polite and laugh about it yourself (unless they are aggressive of course).
You can also get this kind of reactions in places where fat people are seen as beautiful by the way and what looks like an insult to you may be a compliment.

Edit : I just skimmed through her article and I am glad to read she says the same on conclusion👍😁
We need an update though as she's much bigger now. According to her, she was only a size 22 and that size has left her long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m so tired of the excuses. Why does she feel the need to justify why she hasn’t been on? Why can’t she just come straight out and say ‘I haven’t been on because I haven’t wanted to come on’ OR ‘I haven’t been on because I’ve been doing duck all worth telling anyone about!’?

Also, she’s doing a good job bouncing around in the video for someone who has had a pelvic injury.

Interesting that she’s felt like crap but with an impending trip next week, she’s managing to ‘rally’ and motivate herself 😏🙄

Omg bless her, this reminds me of my LO’s clammy skin once she’s gone HAM on her trampoline 😭

This is also why I’ve not bought that glossier dewy skin thing cos I’m scared I’ll look like I’ve used that one spray oil.
She looks like she needs to take some blotting tips from Jess ...take some loo roll and pat yourself down !

That is not a glowy look ...that is a daft mare sat in full sun sweating her tits off ...she's deluded!

• Haha
I know it is just a tit photo angle- but that photo from the plane makes it looks like Lauren takes up two chairs

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I know it is just a tit photo angle- but that photo from the plane makes it looks like Lauren takes up two chairs
There's an empty seat in between them by the looks ....a little jolly paid for by the membership subscriptions they have scammed from their vulnerable followers??

Reactions: 2
I reckon they are planning some sort of retreat for there membership subscribers. Obviously they need to fly out and check to see what hotel would work best... 😑

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Did they say where they travel?
They are being all secret about it ...I've no doubt they will both be incredibly irritating and obnoxious as always when they do their over the top everything is jolly reveal later...Good to see Callie has managed to drag herself off the sofa for her 2nd freebie trip abroad.

Reactions: 5
They are being all secret about it ...I've no doubt they will both be incredibly irritating and obnoxious as always when they do their over the top everything is jolly reveal later...Good to see Callie has managed to drag herself off the sofa for her 2nd freebie trip abroad.
So the number plate (Lauren' stories) says it's Greece.

Reactions: 1
Strange how Callie always manages to pull herself out of her ‘mental funk’ when there is travel or a hotel stay or a press event involved eh? Weird 🤷🏼‍♀️

They will be writing this trip off as a business expense.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.