Callie Thorpe #4 The Con Corner, enabling Callie to make money standing on her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she's decided to pack in the whole 'body positivity' thing and has decided to get weight loss surgery/crash diet and needs to build a more diverse audience before that? Wouldn't be too surprised tbh
That’s quite the hypothesis 😂

Tho re the diverse audience it’s a fair point, because travel is a broader audience = more work at higher rates? There was a scandal a few years back that BAME and plus creators were getting paid so much less.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s quite the hypothesis 😂

Tho re the diverse audience it’s a fair point, because travel is a broader audience = more work at higher rates? There was a scandal a few years back that BAME and plus creators were getting paid so much less.
Yeah I think it would be for the money side and so that Dan could give up work and they could both be full time travel influencers.

The pandemic has definitely delayed those plans, but now that we can travel more freely, I think their holidays etc will pick up.

Reactions: 5
If it wasn’t for the pandemic, I think Callie would have attempted to transition to a full time travel influencer.
Oh definitely, in fact I think she’s still planning on it tbh. She mentioned a few weeks back that she can’t wait until sponsored travel trips start happening again!

Private Facebook group has dropped to 489 members. It was over 700 at one point
Good! Hopefully the penny is dropping with all those women that have bought into the bullshit her and the other one, (who seems to spend most of her time getting pissed and talking shite on camera daily, ) are peddling is all just a money making exercise designed to fund their lazy lifestyles!

Reactions: 7
Isn’t the subscription like £15/ month? In which case it’s still making them over £7k a month 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It’s still a ridiculous amount of money to be taking from vulnerable women but not as much as either of them had hoped…didn’t they also take on staff to run it?
Do you mean the team of amazing like minded women ? 😉

Im struggling to see how either of these women is inspirational or relatable...Callie barely moves from her sofa unless there is a freebie on offer and then she is miraculously well enough to attend and Lauren seems to spend most of her time getting drunk, sat eye bleeping herself on camera whilst talking shite, and moaning how she has no time because she's running her empire but is constantly eating and filming herself knocking back wine whilst watching television! Absolute jokers the pair of them!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Am sure it was, although not sure if they explicitly said that, probably got some poor sap doing it for free for ‘experience’
I'm pretty sure it's it's paid position, a proper job ! Exactly the same way her and Lauren pay themselves! They have listed the Con corner as a business so they pay themselves a wage , how else do they both fund the lazy privileged life they both lead !

Reactions: 4
There was definitely something in the past that wasn’t paid. Was it ‘managing’ Callie’s insta or something, I can’t remember now.

I agree she wants to rebrand as a couple who travel.
the fat / body positively stuff drains her because there’s very little way she can come back with sassy answers to “we’re not saying you are unattractive, and your black swimsuit is lovely… but you’re unhealthy. Your heart is under immense strain. You’re allowed to want to do better for yourself without letting your fat following down”

I wonder if she needs business class because of the seat size, or books 2 seats. Because I was on a Jet 2 to menorca and I wasn’t comfortable at a size 14/16

I agree she wants to rebrand as a couple who travel.
the fat / body positively stuff drains her because there’s very little way she can come back with sassy answers to “we’re not saying you are unattractive, and your black swimsuit is lovely… but you’re unhealthy. Your heart is under immense strain. You’re allowed to want to do better for yourself without letting your fat following down”

I wonder if she needs business class because of the seat size, or books 2 seats. Because I was on a Jet 2 to menorca and I wasn’t comfortable at a size 14/16
She puts the arm rest up and shares Dan's seat I believe?

And if only she did use all the freebie holidays to highlight the issues for a larger body but she doesn't...she loves the freebies too much to want to piss a brand off by highlighting any negatives about the experience they have provided for free!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why she is pretty much no longer popular or trusted or liked !

I think that’s what’s frustrating about Callie the most - she does travel a lot (pre covid for ‘work’) and also for leisure with Dan but I can count on one hand how many times she’s spoken about being fat while travelling. Be it logistics of travel or the way you’re received by locals etc, she never really speaks on it. And that seems like a disservice to her followers, because that information could be helpful.

I think that’s what’s frustrating about Callie the most - she does travel a lot (pre covid for ‘work’) and also for leisure with Dan but I can count on one hand how many times she’s spoken about being fat while travelling. Be it logistics of travel or the way you’re received by locals etc, she never really speaks on it. And that seems like a disservice to her followers, because that information could be helpful.
But that would involve her having some integrity but clearly getting the freebies is way more important than holding the brands accountable for how plus size people are not catered for properly with regards to inclusivity!

I've said it a few times but the anthropology trip on the orient express that was a freebie and that she raved about ....not a single negative mention of how tricky it must've been as a size 26 / 28 being on a train with narrow passages and tiny sleeping cabins...her greed overrides all of her integrity always !

I remember once (I think when she went to Cambodia?) she wrote a blog post about her experience of travelling in Cambodia while fat. As a fellow fat person who’s also riddled with anxiety, it was one of the most refreshing and encouraging blog posts I’ve ever seen. I’ve always wanted to travel, but also been terrified about doing it because of my size. I thought that when Callie transitioned into being a travel influencer she was also going to become one that included advice about doing so while plus size. It’s such a valuable take on travel and I’m really disappointed that she doesn’t lean into it more.

I get not wanting to be pigeonholed as the fat girl who travels but she has a lot of followers like myself who are fat and want the advice! Tell me which airline seats are bigger! Tell me how to handle being stared at!

• Heart
I remember once (I think when she went to Cambodia?) she wrote a blog post about her experience of travelling in Cambodia while fat. As a fellow fat person who’s also riddled with anxiety, it was one of the most refreshing and encouraging blog posts I’ve ever seen. I’ve always wanted to travel, but also been terrified about doing it because of my size. I thought that when Callie transitioned into being a travel influencer she was also going to become one that included advice about doing so while plus size. It’s such a valuable take on travel and I’m really disappointed that she doesn’t lean into it more.

I get not wanting to be pigeonholed as the fat girl who travels but she has a lot of followers like myself who are fat and want the advice! Tell me which airline seats are bigger! Tell me how to handle being stared at!
Yes, she did. That was a long time ago though and she hasn’t really covered weight / size issues while travelling since then. I think one of the main reasons she blogged about it was because the treatment she received was as bad (people were really vile to her, IIRC) but I still think there’s a lot of merit to discussing more trivial things that relate to travelling when fat.

Yes, she did. That was a long time ago though and she hasn’t really covered weight / size issues while travelling since then. I think one of the main reasons she blogged about it was because the treatment she received was as bad (people were really vile to her, IIRC) but I still think there’s a lot of merit to discussing more trivial things that relate to travelling when fat.
But I think the main reason she doesn't is because the trips are freebies and she doesn't want to upset the brand by saying anything negative which would then cause her to not get the free holidays!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.