Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how these companies select who they will send what. I have watched the video on seafood and gin ...I’m intrigued as to how people get sent it.

WHY does Dan&I need to make an appearance in the lip smacking/ chomping/ macerating story ffs! I can’t bear to watch but guarantee at least one thing is described as delicious or chefs kisses!
And on the gin she says it’s been around since err and then just reads the date off the bottle, made me LOL

Reactions: 3
I disagree, i think she looked lovely and was good for her to try something different, put some makeup on and get herself ready for the day

Reactions: 5
I disagree, i think she looked lovely and was good for her to try something different, put some makeup on and get herself ready for the day
I also agree with this, regardless of how silly she looked I thought it was good of her to try something different with the hair. Definitely not my type of hairstyle but it was good for her to do something rather than come on her stories with hair all messed up and wearing that black moo moo.

• Heart
I wonder how these companies select who they will send what. I have watched the video on seafood and gin ...I’m intrigued as to how people get sent it.
They would've been very disappointed at her half arsed showing of all the freebies she was sent !

I also agree with this, regardless of how silly she looked I thought it was good of her to try something different with the hair. Definitely not my type of hairstyle but it was good for her to do something rather than come on her stories with hair all messed up and wearing that black moo moo.
Agreed however every story today she was advertising something so I'm not sure the lippy and new hair do was for any other reason than that she needed to make the effort to promote all the freebies!

Reactions: 4
I like how she emphasised on the first fish vid, that while it was marked AD, she had NOT (her capitals not mine) been paid to share them.

You do not need to be paid in the form of money to flog stuff Callie, product has monetary value, so you have been paid in some form. And if you don’t share stuff you’re gifted, then the free stuff will stop coming won’t it? So actually yes, you have been paid in some way to share the fish/gin/skincare, so thank you for marking it APPROPRIATELY (my capitals there 😉) with AD because that’s exactly what it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I like how she emphasised on the first fish vid, that while it was marked AD, she had NOT (her capitals not mine) been paid to share them.

You do not need to be paid in the form of money to flog stuff Callie, product has monetary value, so really you have been paid in some form. And if you don’t share stuff you’re gifted, then the free stuff will stop coming won’t it? So actually yes, you have been paid in some way to share the fish/gin/skincare, so thank you for marking it APPROPRIATELY (my capitals there 😉) with AD because that’s exactly what it is.
Exactly this! I find it hilarious that she feels the need to put she's not been paid to advertise when its blatantly obvious she's getting kick backs in the way of freebies ! She's such a joker !

You do not need to be paid in the form of money to flog stuff Callie, product has monetary value, so you have been paid in some form. And if you don’t share stuff you’re gifted, then the free stuff will stop coming won’t it? So actually yes, you have been paid in some way to share the fish/gin/skincare, so thank you for marking it APPROPRIATELY (my capitals there 😉) with AD because that’s exactly what it is.
Yeah you’re exactly right, it’s a payment in kind and bloggers should be declaring it to HMRC as taxes are due on it 😉

This is my problem with her tbh - she has lost all sense of reality. It doesn’t matter that you don’t get paid a bucket to promote something, you know the bleeping rules and you know you need to declare freebies. Where has this reluctance to declare ads come from... do they really expect us to believe they could afford to live this lifestyle without being heavily subsidised by brands? Why would they want to trick us like that? It’s bizarre as she was a receptionist a little while back so she knows what sort of income most her following is trying to manage on, and that she couldn’t live like this either so should be declaring it for their mental wellbeing tbh?!

This is why I really rate Danielle Vanier tbh because she is SO transparent, she doesn’t try and pretend her life is any different to what it is but I suspect that’s because she’s from money so doesn’t have the same status anxiety as Callie, who is clearly aspiring to be ~high end now. It’s a shame as I really liked old Callie.

Her hair did look nice and her make up... but yet again THE bleeping ADS. Honestly it’s getting ridiculous now - she can’t post a story without it being an AD or something she’s been gifted 😂

She has to be referencing here when she talks about comments that have been made re her wearing grubby clothes / not getting properly dressed etc. So she’s STILL checking this forum — why read here?!

That aside, I don’t think i have ever seen her speak about any struggles with mental health (prior to the Tattle grid post) and I have followed her since 2016.

The truth is, very few people would make light of such a situation, but when she otherwise comes across like life is all farmers markets, trips to Palm Springs and sunbathing in the hammock with Dan&i, it’s difficult to reconcile such a drastic change in her presentation. It seems like yet another pitfall of the life of an influencer!

Your audience are not mind readers, Callie. When 90% of what you share is sunshine and sunflowers, don’t be surprised that people don’t automatically assume you’re clinically depressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She has to be referencing here when she talks about comments that have been made re her wearing grubby clothes / not getting properly dressed etc. So she’s STILL checking this forum — why read here?!

That aside, I don’t think i have ever seen her speak about any struggles with mental health (prior to the Tattle grid post) and I have followed her since 2016.

The truth is, very few people would make light of such a situation, but when she otherwise comes across like life is all farmers markets, trips to Palm Springs and sunbathing in the hammock with Dan&i, it’s difficult to reconcile such a drastic change in her presentation. It seems like yet another pitfall of the life of an influencer!

Your audience are not mind readers, Callie. When 90% of what you share is sunshine and sunflowers, don’t be surprised that people don’t automatically assume you’re clinically depressed.
With Callie I have very little sympathy I’m afraid. Suffering with mental health is terrible for sure but what annoys me is the fact that she can still pop on to try and flog her latest Ad or gifted item.
why force yourself to come on insta in your grubby clothes if you’re feeling like tit? Why chose a career where you open yourself up to criticism if you can’t handle it?
I honestly don’t think influencing is the right career for her... she would be much happier I think in a normal job

• Heart
The referencing back to this forum is getting very dull now. I get the sense that she isn’t really thinking about much else at the moment.

The thing is her mental health seemed to take a steep decline just as all the free very exuberant and ridiculously expensive free holidays stopped. Before lockdown she was hardly at home and many trips were taken without DanandI. So it shows she's very capable of doing things without him and not have crippling anxiety. We are all bleeping depressed at the moment! I'm high risk for covid so it's been extra tit the 12 weeks without even fresh air! This is possibly the bleakest time alot of people will ever see, and we don't know when it will end. But I'm not being sent thousands of pound worth of free products to cheer me up or bags of fresh seafood to use in the kitchen making Sri Lanka's bleeping traditional seafood bleeping cobbler!!! No im at iceland trying not to catch covid and die buying Turkey dinosaurs for the kids and lambrini and frozen prawn party rings for that give you the shits! Now that's bleeping depressing!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The thing is her mental health seemed to take a steep decline just as all the free very exuberant and ridiculously expensive free holidays stopped. Before lockdown she was hardly at home and many trips were taken without DanandI. So it shows she's very capable of doing things without him and not have crippling anxiety. We are all bleeping depressed at the moment! I'm high risk for covid so it's been extra tit the 12 weeks without even fresh air! This is possibly the bleakest time alot of people will ever see, and we don't know when it will end. But I'm not being sent thousands of pound worth of free products to cheer me up or bags of fresh seafood to use in the kitchen making Sri Lanka's bleeping traditional seafood bleeping cobbler!!! No im at iceland trying not to catch covid and die buying Turkey dinosaurs for the kids and lambrini and frozen prawn party rings for that give you the shits! Now that's bleeping depressing!
So true!! She wasn’t depressed when she was getting sent on sandals holidays to the Caribbean or wherever she went!!

Reactions: 9
Everyone’s mental health has took a battering of some sort this year... Callie is just playing on it fishing for the freebies, bet she’s desperate for a free spa trip or weekend away with Dan&I.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Absolutely true.

I’ve been in lockdown since March, trying to survive and not lose my job. So many other people have immense pressure, or are impacted by covid and have loved ones I’ll or lose their lives. I’ve suffered depression my whole life and no free holidays or expensive plus size clothes to cheer me through, I have to struggle to find money for treatment and plus size clothes are bleeping expensive.

But let’s get the violins out for Cali, who has nobody else to provide for, and is only now feeling sorry for herself because her business is impacted. She is so self centred, and so manipulative of her followers- amazing how she doesn’t address our claims about her dodgy ads when whinging about tattle- because it’s true.

And I just can’t with her complaining about comments on her appearance, she’s trying to flog beauty products so of course people are entitled to comment on her appearance. Do models go to photo shoots and whinge when they are told how to appear before the camera; no because they are paid to model clothes. She needs to find another direction.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not specifically at Callie, but I just saw a hair tutorial she put up on her Stories (Danielle Vanier and another influencer) how to do a messy up do hair bun with two strands framing your face and I cannot stop laughing because that was the hair style of every Year 9 girl growing up 😂😂😂 No love or money would make me want to emulate this as an adult.
Holy tit 😂😂😂 it’s so true! Even for me growing up in Australia! I see some terrible versions of it but Callies wasn’t too bad, needed to be a bit messier or something though.