Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I just find it baffling that they want tattle shut down as it's "damaging" to them (a tiny percentage of the population) but yet make there income from Instagram which has been proven to have devastating consequences for mental health to a huge proportion of the population. Maybe they should set up a petition to solve those issues? Oh wait, instagram makes them huge amounts of money. There is a reason forums like these exist, people are tired of social media platforms, and the people that thrive in an industry that is pretty awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Cool. I mean, I’m fat and happy, I don’t know what number you expect clinical depression to kick in at, but I’m not there yet. This is judgemental nonsense.

I have no qualms with the suggestion that she is depressed and has put on weight, but you can’t make sweeping generalisations based on absolutely nothing. My god.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. you CAN not be fat and happy! I don’t care what anyone says! Being so overweight affects your mental health in the worst possible way! You CAN BE curvy and happy, like Callie used to be before she piled on an extra 30 or so kilos.
I also find it very weird how much time they spend together? I think id go NUTS if I spent so much time with my partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Charsior

Yes to this! All the ‘this is all they have’ rhetoric... actually, my life is probably a lot more demanding and fulfilling than someone who sits around on Instagram all day and begs for freebies but sure, hun, you have it your way.
Having read tattle for various reasons the last few months, during lockdown and coming out of lock down, it is quite clear that pretty much everyone who contributes to all these threads are normal hard working people in what ever capacity that is. (NHS, Parent, Teacher, Tech, service industry the list goes on) i know i worked f**king hard these few months making sure people had money in their pockets and roofs over their heads all while making sure all my family where fed and watered and safe. I would have loved to have sat about for a few months organising my home and sunbathing. Not one influencer volunteered, for the young or old. Not one helped the NHS Support service, helped their local supermarket, delivery service. They all just sat there saying how much work they don't have. Funny how all the Ads have picked up. Well welcome to 2020, where if your life hasn't changed then did you really do Covid-19 properly?

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not surprised they want it shut down as it's the closest thing to accountability in the otherwise hugely unregulated social media adverts. The fact that tattle has got a strict set of rules legitimises it and makes it totally unlike the sinister dark Web that they try to influence people it is.

I am surprised that the pointless petition only has 50'000 signatures seeing as it should have 50'000'000 with all the influencers that have shared it. Maybe they're outing how they aren't that influential 😂. We allowed the petition to grow by having threads on here discussing it. Also it was setup by some nobody account that was trolling (in the actual sense of targeting someone on their feed) for attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
In my opinion tattle exists as a direct result of the shady influencing industry. It was all very boiled frogs with influencers, a LOT of people don’t fully understand the business mechanism behind gifts etc, and that *they* are the product as the audience and these influencers are simply sales reps. Back in the day they may have been showing you what they genuinely loved from New Look or ASOS, but now it’s very much paid advertising.

With young women entering IVAs at a greater rate than any other demographic you have to consider the impact of seeing this “luxe” lifestyle imagery is having on young women tbh? Imo tattle is to call THAT shit out and speak about that, how it makes you feel and actually discuss the reality of it (it’s all gifted lol and an entirely unsustainable lifestyle for many) so you don’t feel like you’re going mad? We all have mental health issues yet our right to discuss what we’re being sold through dubious channels for the benefit of our mental health is less than her right to good mental health? Surely the solution is for us to chat about the shitty influencing industry here and her to not read it?

I know it must hurt being called out but also, you can do better? She didn’t include any of the comments about her shady ad declaration. There’s influencers who don’t have threads here because they’re decent people, look at Dani’s thread it’s empty (apart from those same fat hate weirdos) because she is authentic and very transparent tbh? You can’t hate on that.

I appreciate tattle is many different things to many different people. There are threads I go to laugh, threads I chat shit about what I’m up to in lock down, blah blah blah. Personally hate the fat shaming that goes on in plus threads, but have been warned about policing threads as it’s against Tattle’s rules, so I just click ignore on those contributors cos tbh they’re not funny anyway?

Also CC @Yel as I know you love a legal threat 😂 you’ve got hackers coming now hun, poor Dan isn’t doing much for his dopey reputation what the fuck will a hacker do? A DDS attack? How early 00s of you 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26

InstaFamous

I’ve said it before on plus size influencer threads and I’ll say it again. The plus size body positive community is poisonous. The majority of influencers who subscribe to that school of thought have steadily gained serious amounts of weight - all whilst not mentioning it, living their life of organic veg through a sepia filter, and pretending they wear the same clothing size they did before. Then, when their weight inevitably becomes a health issue, they don’t address it for fear of “triggering” anyone and opt for surgery instead of adopting a healthier lifestyle (yes, I know there can be other factors at play...but still).

The fact that Callie, or anyone else, is fat isn’t what irritates me. Its the fact that they use their role as influencers to make £££ by pretending they embrace their size and suffer no ill effects at all. It’s not honest. And I genuinely think the plus size community is toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Loopybird69

VIP Member
I’ve popped over to here from another thread. I don’t mind Callie she’s inconsequential to me - sometimes I look at her stories sometimes I skip. However, she’s portrayed this wonderful life for years. (A bit like Mrs Grinch) peppered with anxiety comments. Showing that life has afforded her things she may not have been able to do previously. So much so she gave up her well paid, secure job for it. The covid but her on the arse. That’s not our fault. If she can’t create content in the climate then this really isn’t the job for her.
I have no issue with her being plus size, her marriage, her granch any of it. But I’m getting really fed up of all these influenzers screaming troll to get their engagement up whilst hypocritically doing ads for readly for the gossip mags, or pod casts, etc etc it’s the same bloody thing. DO NOT GO LOOKING FOR THREADS ABOUT YOURSELF it’s called morbid curiosity for a reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I've said similar before but I find it wild that on a thread of a plus size influencer, where you can safely assume a good portion of people watching are plus size themselves, some commenters are so viciously awful about being fat. Like, know your audience.

I agree that Callie has gained weight and no longer seems comfortable, and I also have noticed that she is talking more frequently about her anxiety (and her behaviour seems to evidence that she's telling the truth). But I don't think the weight gain is the cause of the anxiety, it's a symptom.

When I'm miserable, I gain weight. I'm currently the fattest I've ever been and it's because I'm getting over a year of severe depression, which is my longest episode to date. You can't just tell a person to suck it up and lose a few stone when they can't get out of bed or see a viable future.

Where it DOES annoy me with Callie, as other posters have said, is that she has considerable means and access to help and support, but doesn't take those opportunities because she's too busy looking to live that travel Insta lifestyle. I'd really like to see her talk honestly about weight gain and how you can healthily get back to a size you're more comfortable at (not necessarily anything approaching "thin"), while not succumbing to disordered eating or the diet industry. Doubt she could do that without incurring the wrath of the Bethany Rutters of this world, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

BobRob

Hi Callie 👋🏼 I don’t care what you look like, what weight you are, what your hair or clothes are like etc. I do care that you don’t declare ads properly, you will sell anything if you are paid enough and seem to want zero accountability while you do it. If you must read this take the comments on board and sort it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

emmmma234

The only thing that makes me unhappy about being the size I am is seeing people going on about how awful it is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

AuntieSocial

I find it so tiresome when influencers share that ridiculous petition to shut Tattle down. They block any criticism or discussion on their accounts. Why do they think they aren’t accountable? And she has chosen to share her personal life online. If you can’t stand the heat...

• Heart
Reactions: 23

HarderFaster

VIP Member
In some ways I agree that Callie isn’t as bad as the others: I don’t really mind her as a person. But OTOH I think her brand of influence is actually more insidious than her counterparts like Bethany Rutter and Danielle Vanier. I followed them in the really early days of plus size blogging and although I admired their style back then I knew I couldn’t aspire to their look because they were so clearly buying it with huge allowances from their parents while loafing around or studying. Callie is obviously from a far more normal background and is thus supposedly more relatable but for a few years now she’s been selling super luxe holidays and quite expensive clothing (I consider Anthropologie expensive, anyway). Hers is the kind of stuff which really encourages people to get into debt to live this life that someone “just like them” is experiencing, without being absolutely up front that it’s for free and indeed sometimes paid.

There’ve been so many times in my life where I’ve felt “less than” because I’ve never been to the Americas or Asia, or because I don’t have expensive stuff in my flat, or own the latest smock they’re all shilling. Tattle can be really fucking mean, but it’s also so grounding to realise that this isn’t normal. Life and growing up is so fucking hard as it is without nepotistic publishing contracts (looking at you, BR), M&S shoe collections and ocean villas on stilts making you feel like a failure.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So new here - strangely brought here by Callie and Dan&I’s posts! Loved Callie for years but in the past 12 months I find myself being super grated by the sheer amount of entitlement, laziness and the fact her feed has lost all meaning. I found her from her blog and loved seeing the experiences of a fellow fattie travelling but now it’s all #AD this and “look at our stupid pointless pizza oven” that. It’s a shame because she used to actually be someone people could relate too and now she’s so desperate for free things and money that she’s possibly one of the most annoying people on Instagram (along with Danielle, George and a lesser known few).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Saw her post on another thread; The way she was posting I imagined there to be hundreds of threads....there's literally 2😂😅🤦🤷and from what I can see it's people pointing out actual concerns and voicing THEIR OPINIONS . Imagine blaming a website for all of your insecurities and problems. JUST UNPLUG stop being obsessed with Tattle and just live your life. People are always going to have an opinion and not everyone is going to like you. If you don't want to be in the public eye and receive free holidays and gifts JUST UNPLUG FROM SOCIAL MEDIA (but she won't because freebies YAY)

People are allowed to have an opinion, but just it doesn't match up to yours doesn't mean it's wrong or invalid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

ennjae13

Hey! I’m a newbie here to & all the posts I’ve read put Callie and Dan&I bang to rights. I’m morbidly obese and know first hand how difficult it is. I’ve messaged her a couple of times to ask practical questions about how she does things that I find difficult but never had a response.

Like many of you, she’s completely un relatable to me now she’s stopped the fashion advice & the honesty. The political shit boiled my piss but the Tattle one (I’d never heard about this site till she mentioned it) has made me unfollow her.

She lives a lie & I can’t stand it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm not surprised they want it shut down as it's the closest thing to accountability in the otherwise hugely unregulated social media adverts. The fact that tattle has got a strict set of rules legitimises it and makes it totally unlike the sinister dark Web that they try to influence people it is.

I am surprised that the pointless petition only has 50'000 signatures seeing as it should have 50'000'000 with all the influencers that have shared it. Maybe they're outing how they aren't that influential 😂. We allowed the petition to grow by having threads on here discussing it. Also it was setup by some nobody account that was trolling (in the actual sense of targeting someone on their feed) for attention.
Thought this about the jealous comments - we are their audiences, why would we be jealous? They’re meant to be advertising things we want to buy? 🥴 Are they suggesting that their audience can’t actually afford what they’re flogging because isn’t that... really bad for business?!

Also tbh sorry to be savage but I’d argue they couldn’t afford it either if they were mere weeks into lock down talking about a mortgage holiday after showing us tens of thousands of pounds in holidays? 🥴 Hun get ur emergency fund sorted x

• Heart

Charsior

I find it funny that most people on Tattle work for the NHS or Supermarkets or any other Key Worker role that have continued to provide a service these last few months! We are no low lifes. Most have kids or parents that need looking after, actual jobs to do.
But to these people all we do is sit in our dark den and troll people all day!