Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Thethursdayclub I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. When I first started reading her blog many years ago she was my absolute fave. She felt so warm and genuine, authentic in her recommendations etc. It was nice to see her get gigs.

Now it just all feels kinda hollow. I can't relate to her anymore, and find the general influencer space, in general, to be pretty disingenuous. I was kinda hoping she'd do more stuff about the realities of being big particularly when travelling, but she doesn't seem to wanna go that in-depth?

Reactions: 13
@Thethursdayclub I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. When I first started reading her blog many years ago she was my absolute fave. She felt so warm and genuine, authentic in her recommendations etc. It was nice to see her get gigs.

Now it just all feels kinda hollow. I can't relate to her anymore, and find the general influencer space, in general, to be pretty disingenuous. I was kinda hoping she'd do more stuff about the realities of being big particularly when travelling, but she doesn't seem to wanna go that in-depth?
Thats a point I've raised on here a few times saying similar in that she has wasted many opportunities to actually post the realities of being a plus size woman when travelling to these countries...imo she doesn't paint a true picture because the holidays are freebies and I suspect she doesn't want to say anything negative because it might impact on her receiving more of them ..

Reactions: 8
Thats a point I've raised on here a few times saying similar in that she has wasted many opportunities to actually post the realities of being a plus size woman when travelling to these countries...imo she doesn't paint a true picture because the holidays are freebies and I suspect she doesn't want to say anything negative because it might impact on her receiving more of them ..
Agree with this, she’s probably under an obligation to almost not mention it, these companies won’t want potential clients to know that actually the plane seats are too small/chairs too tight etc...they’ll want to try to show that they’re totally inclusive to encourage people to go spending 10k on a holiday at their resort.....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When she did an initial foray into travel writing (I think she went to Cambodia?) she did talk about being fat in Asia, which I found really refreshing and helpful. I would love to go to Asia, but feel quite self-conscious about my size. It's not as if anyone following her doesn't think she'd have particular experiences because she's plus size - that's why people follow her! Lean into it Callie!

Reactions: 3
When she did an initial foray into travel writing (I think she went to Cambodia?) she did talk about being fat in Asia, which I found really refreshing and helpful. I would love to go to Asia, but feel quite self-conscious about my size. It's not as if anyone following her doesn't think she'd have particular experiences because she's plus size - that's why people follow her! Lean into it Callie!
I too really liked that side of her. I also used her experience when I went to Asia last year. I had prepared to be stared at and maybe pointed at, but i had a lovely experience.

Reactions: 2
Yes I agree her content is unrepeatable, I’m bored of seeing ads on Instagram that have nothing to do with the reason I’m following the person.

Reactions: 5
It's just hollow isn't it. Like the dissaronno ad when all I ever recall seeing her drink is Aperol? And not recently!

Reactions: 5
I’ve always quite liked Callie and don’t have many gripes with her other than the whole ‘not declaring Ads’ situation however I know others might ‘not like her’ or have opinions on her that they want to discuss here, which I think is totally fair enough.

The reality is that when you have 250k people following you on social media and you share your life on social media you will get Some people loving you and other people disliking aspects of you. we can’t be liked by everyone and while it can’t be nice seeing things written about you online surly it can’t be a huge surprise when your not ‘everyone’s cup of tea’. You have to be incredibly tough skinned to be in any sort of public limelight, and it’s clearly not for everyone but I do find it incredibly bizarre that all these influencers seemed so shocked and upset that a portion of their followers might form negative opinions of them. Surly it’s just common sense? No? Wouldn’t it be more strange if everyone loved everyone constantly and everyone had the exact same opinions and thoughts: then again I guess that’s what influencers want isn’t it. To be admired and influence!

I just think that if the heat is to much in the kitchen, get out because unfortunately they’ll always be positive and negative attention if you go out looking for public attention, end of!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve always quite liked Callie and don’t have many gripes with her other than the whole ‘not declaring Ads’ situation however I know others might ‘not like her’ or have opinions on her that they want to discuss here, which I think is totally fair enough.

The reality is that when you have 250k people following you on social media and you share your life on social media you will get Some people loving you and other people disliking aspects of you. we can’t be liked by everyone and while it can’t be nice seeing things written about you online surly it can’t be a huge surprise when your not ‘everyone’s cup of tea’. You have to be incredibly tough skinned to be in any sort of public limelight, and it’s clearly not for everyone but I do find it incredibly bizarre that all these influencers seemed so shocked and upset that a portion of their followers might form negative opinions of them. Surly it’s just common sense? No? Wouldn’t it be more strange if everyone loved everyone constantly and everyone had the exact same opinions and thoughts: then again I guess that’s what influencers want isn’t it. To be admired and influence!

I just think that if the heat is to much in the kitchen, get out because unfortunately they’ll always be positive and negative attention if you go out looking for public attention, end of!
Totally agree with this. If people were criticising her on her own pages, fair enough, call people out. But sites like Tattle are for people to witch and moan about celebs, "influencers" and the like. Don't like it? Don't bleeping seek it out and look at it!

Who made her so high and mighty that people aren't allowed any sort of negative opinion about her? We all have our faults, and we have all at some time or another had these pointed out to us, and we have pointed out the faults of our loved ones to them.
Seems Callie is so bleeping perfect, that she has no faults!

Reactions: 7
I’d say she’s fawning over the “ u ok hun” messages from her fake insta friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She'll be back ! I've no doubt with her latest blockbuster #ad ...

I'm sure she's checking in here daily now in order to continue to milk the woe is me ...such a pity there is no one in her life that holds her to account for her crappy behaviour...

Reactions: 7
Hey! I’m a newbie here to & all the posts I’ve read put Callie and Dan&I bang to rights. I’m morbidly obese and know first hand how difficult it is. I’ve messaged her a couple of times to ask practical questions about how she does things that I find difficult but never had a response.

Like many of you, she’s completely un relatable to me now she’s stopped the fashion advice & the honesty. The political tit boiled my piss but the Tattle one (I’d never heard about this site till she mentioned it) has made me unfollow her.

She lives a lie & I can’t stand it anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@ ennjae 13 you aren't the only one that now sees her true colours ...she sold out many months ago...this site for the most part is very honest in pointing out what is going on with these self proclaimed "influencers " ...very few are now in it from the goodness of their hearts ...Callies only focus is to make money and to receive as many freebies as possible...

Reactions: 9
Could someone point me to the DV thread please? She’s another one I’ve recently had to unfollow!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1