Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember her video about gentle parenting before she got her first foster child? She was very smug and once again acted like an expert whilst having never actually parented a child. Then in one of her vlogs with her first foster child she snapped very early on and screamed at him, and admitted all her gentle parenting had gone out the window. This feels very much the same - wait until you’ve actually parented Oryn once his personality comes out and he can talk back before you say with such confidence what techniques you’ll be using.
How much personality is he going to have? His entire life is two living rooms!

Reactions: 1

Prinnywoo

She's so self absorbed she probably hasnt even noticed that he definitely has a lazy eye. Either that or shes vain and doesnt want to bring attention to her golden boy not being perfect.
I did wonder if it had something to do with it being a visible “imperfection” as opposed to an invisible ailment she can play up, but I would hope she isn’t that shallow.

Ladypuck

This. Maybe she feels guilty relaxing because it usually follows hard work and she knows she isn’t doing that. A single parent sitting watching TV shows in the middle of the day whilst claiming universal credit and palming their child off to someone else is EXACTLY the kind of person who would be put on blast for taking advantage of the benefits system if she was of a lower social class, and had conceived her child the usual way. But because Bryony lives in a middle class tory area, in a flat bought for her by her wealthy parents, with her baby that they also bought her, she is trying to paint herself as some kind of feminist icon instead.
Strange we haven't seen her with a Just Stop Oil tee shirt

sunniva

Chatty Member
Katy Faust did not come up the basic principles I outlined-whoever she is. I do not think I would find her an interesting person. There has been widespread knowledge of the psychological damage and distress experienced by children who were the product of extramarital affairs, long before "sperm donation" was in existence. There are lots of different types of people who object to sperm donation, egg donation and surrogacy, it isn,t confined to people of her type. Ms Faust did not back up her statements with sources., although it would appear to be "completely valid."
The following sample survey shows a significant number of adult people who were donor conceived experienced psychological distress when they found out they were donor conceived.
Its not likely that donor conceived children who always knew that they were donor conceived all of their lives will not be distressed once they become adults and understand what being donor conceived means. A significant number of people who come from married parents which that they had never been brought into existence , so somehow it is thought that people who come from donor conception/ science experiment would not be or never be distressed/psychologically harmed by it??!!

There is no such thing as adult rights over children's instinctual needs and rights.

This is also discussion.
I've said many times on this thread I have major ethical concerns about the type of anonymous sperm donation Bryony has used. I'm very familiar with all the research on this including the study you posted - we do not have majorly opposing views. I mentioned Katy Faust because her stance is very similar to yours, and she is an intellectual who has written professionally about your argument. I wasn't being malicious or backhanded. I also defended your position in my last post. But it's clearly not worth trying to engage with you.

Kendopixie

It might interest you to know there isn't a C in the Ancient Greek alphabet either, or an X, or W.....that was derived from the runic...THORN. in used in the middle ages
I didn't know about Thorn but I did know about no W. There's also no W or U in Latin, or no V depending on who you ask.

Quinny

with my sister's last baby she went home the next day with her c-sec, but it was her 2nd and I heard you're in longer with your first.
I was in 2 days with my first which wasn't a c-section, so I'm not sure, I think it must vary.
id be interested in hearing her birth story either way if she decides to share!

sarr19

at least she’s going on maternity leave and not gonna shove her camera in the baby’s face the moment it’s born like caitlin and leah from tiktok have

Kendopixie

With her new stories, am I the only one getting a slightly anti-vax vibe when she thinks his vaccine caused him to be "fussy" (aka to act like a normal baby)? Or am I projecting her other weird anti-medicine stances, I can't remember if she's said anything outright anti-vax but I'm sure I remember her blaming her ME on it once.

juy7nhio

I can’t follow her anymore. I’m out. It’s been cathartic to call her out and have a laugh. But the horror that she has somebody’s whole life in her hands has just hit me. I’ll check this thread occasionally and I wish her well, but I just can’t be provoked like this when it hits so close to home.
Totally understand, it's horrifying how much control she has over a vulnerable baby. I'll miss your contributions though always enjoy your comments, don't be a stranger!

The whole 'mum who cba' shtick was popular about 10 years ago, eg. Hurrah for Gin. There's much more of a shift nowadays towards aspirational mums or at least those who appear to have it together but in a relatable way and how they manage it, like moon and rue's weaning content. Bryony is riding on her past reputation/viewership at the moment but I just don't think she's sincere or relatable as a mum vlogger and people will see through that.

anything at all

VIP Member
Yeah I never get the whole blurring their face for privacy. Either show him or don’t show anything to do with him at all.

She’s still going to share bits about his life, and probably ‘medical conditions’ that pop up.
She’s not going to be protecting his privacy at all.

x_bethanyy

Guys, she's too ~mature~ to wear make-up and dresses and do her hair. She's a strong, independent solo mum entrepreneur.

She totally gives off NLOG vibes, despite being a basic entitled middle-class only child.