Brummy Mummy #21 Pandemic Pimms with a splash of Plagiarism thrown in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it me or does Stephen seem to do a lot of food shops? When I was a kid my parents did one a week. He seems to be going two or three times a week. I could be wrong but he does seem to be out at the shops a lot.
Probably glad to be out of the house.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love watching shopping hauls and what I ate in a day / week videos. I think they’re normally good for giving ideas to try new things. This is without a doubt the worst one I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe this is what they eat. How can there be no veg at all? And hardly any fruit? The amount of cheap processed meat makes me feel sick. No wonder they all look malnourished. I can’t believe people with money live like this.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Is it me or does Stephen seem to do a lot of food shops? When I was a kid my parents did one a week. He seems to be going two or three times a week. I could be wrong but he does seem to be out at the shops a lot.
To be fair I'd be going daily if the alternative was being stuck in the same 4 walls with brummy day in day out! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love watching shopping hauls and what I ate in a day / week videos. I think they’re normally good for giving ideas to try new things. This is without a doubt the worst one I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe this is what they eat. How can there be no veg at all? And hardly any fruit? The amount of cheap processed meat makes me feel sick. No wonder they all look malnourished. I can’t believe people with money live like this.
I thought Rebecca Lambs shopping hauls were bad but I think she has got some competition here! 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hubbie must be loving see the content ideas that Babs is coming up with as a result of her demanding an extra day off from the kids each week to dream it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Maybe I'm making them wrong but I've always made fajitas with some veg in them as well as lettuce? A bit of sweetcorn or bell pepper to get some of the 5 a day in. Of course there is a possibility that they only eat tinned veg and are very stocked up on that but even so the ratio of beige snack food and fruit snacks in that shop is dreadful! It's like a shop I'd do for a birthday buffet not an actual weeks worth of meals for 2 adults and 2 kids

Reactions: 8
I can't wait for those kids to grow up so Mickey can leave Brummy his beard and come out in splendid glory, can imagine him in Selfridges food Hall buying seafood and topping up his exotic fruit and veg in Waitrose.
#freefrombeigefood #livinghisbestlife #byebyedisneybyebye #freetobeme

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Why would you want to watch a video of what somebody has bought for their "weekly" shop? I don't mind the decorating videos. Those kind of videos I am really interested in but I couldn't care less if somebody has bought blueberries and cheese dippers.
I do quite like Charlotte Taylor's (apart from the over explaining every product, and tapping on everything!) But she does a meal plan at the end and I like new ideas 🤷‍♀️ wouldn't catch me watching brummys "my beige food" haul!

Reactions: 2
Well if he took too long to make the wardrobe and slightly broke it then help your husband out Babs! If you read the instructions for Ikea furniture it usually says for things like wardrobes it requires two people to make for efficiency and safety. I think she wants her husband to die squashed by an Ikea wardrobe to liven up her content

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She must be stuck for blog ideas as she said ages ago she wouldn't do a food haul as didn't want to be judged for what they bought. Now we see why!!! We go through so much fruit and veg. It's usually what we run out of first despite buying loads

Reactions: 8
I cannot believe her food shop! I’m not saying it has to be really healthy but there’s so little fruit and veg. The only veg is a tiny bit of lettuce for a fajita. I have no words at all.

I know I have a bias view because I’m vegan so the majority of my shop is fruit and veg, but I would still expect others to have more in their shop to get 5 a day.

I'm a vegan too - and I have to say even the "veg" they had on their sunday lunch the other week looked bloody rank....

Everything they eat is pre-made, pre-cooked, out of a packet etc etc. Nothing fresh or from scratch. Yeah sure that's fine if you're tired or cant be bothered to cook after a long day...but EVERYDAY!?

Why doesnt she do a cooking video where she and the kids make a meal from scratch or something? Get the cutting veg and measuring ingredients. There you go Em, ANOTHER content idea for you! You're welcome love! 👍💁‍♀️

Reactions: 6
The amount of bread they are eating is concerning. No chicken? No mince? No eggs? No potatoes? Veg? All processed, pre made shite.

Reactions: 7
Everything they eat is pre-made, pre-cooked, out of a packet etc etc. Nothing fresh or from scratch. Yeah sure that's fine if you're tired or cant be bothered to cook after a long day...but EVERYDAY!?
But that’s the nail on the head, Stephen must be knackered!

He gets up from his child sized bed, get Her Majesty Babs a cup of tea in bed and then starts on breakfast. Then it’s off to work, except ex-teacher babs can’t cope with both kids so he has to have one of them with him whilst doing an actual job. Lunch time roles around and he’s back on lunch duty. An afternoon of work mixed with tik toks and gram pics for the adult child, before he has to make the tea, bath the kids, get them to bed with a story and then he gets to finally sit down with a tip top. His one moment of pleasure that babs has even taken away from him by posting photos on insta. Then he gets to go and sleep in his child sized bed to do it all again.

Add to that he’s doing the weekly shop for them, plus his parents and sister, cleaning (because babs would have milked that for some content) and over the course of lockdown weekends has built 4 fairly large pieces of Ikea furniture and painted 5 different rooms of that house all so that babs has content.

I know he enables her, but honestly when you look at everything he does (and that’s just what we know about from babs there’s probably more) it’s a wonder he hasn’t just gone out for a walk and kept on walking!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Wow, that food haul is shocking. I thought you lot were over reacting.
It starts with 8 apples, a box of blueberries that they add to ice cream) a box of strawberries and two tiny bags of salad. That is it, for a week!

Their diet is appalling, I feel ill looking at it. No wonder all she does is sit on her backside watching tv. There is nothing with any nutritional value in that shop. It is just the most beige unappealing grim shop I have seen, I genuinely can’t believe people eat like this. No wonder she doesn’t show her meals.

I am utterly horrified that she has so little understanding of nutrition.

Edited to add, not surprised they need Gaviscon. I have experience of indigestion and heartburn...guess what sets it off... a beige buffet. If I go to a do where it’s beige I know I will be ill. Their whole diet is a beige buffet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So in her stories she's said that they are being tougher on the kids. Guess which of her children their new tougher stance isn't working on so well? Seriously everything that poor kid does is wrong. He can't cope with school work, he can't behave, he's "regressing", he can't sleep in his own bed...
...I hope when he's a teenager he just rebels.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m sorry, is that all the fruit and veg for a week?! That’s what I eat in like 3 days (not gonna lie, I’d eat all the strawberries in one sitting) That bag of salad for fajitas?! Where’s the peppers? Onions? I’m so confused. There’s so little fruit and it’s prime fruit season.... bananas, melon, raspberries, pineapple. I know kids moan that they don’t like them but as a parent surely you encourage them to eat that kind of thing?!

Reactions: 10
Just watched the beige haul, why has nobody mentioned the colour co-ordinated books 😂😂😂

Nothing says you aren’t actually reading any books like putting them all in little colour co-ordinated piles! 😂

Oh and we can also add putting the shopping away to Dobby’s tasks!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m sorry, is that all the fruit and veg for a week?! That’s what I eat in like 3 days (not gonna lie, I’d eat all the strawberries in one sitting) That bag of salad for fajitas?! Where’s the peppers? Onions? I’m so confused. There’s so little fruit and it’s prime fruit season.... bananas, melon, raspberries, pineapple. I know kids moan that they don’t like them but as a parent surely you encourage them to eat that kind of thing?!
And I’ve just seen the stuff she buys for the dog.... Bob Martin stuff is horrendous for pets! People have been campaigning for years to get it off sale!! For Christ sake, you have enough money to get the good stuff from the vets!!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.