Brummy Mummy #120 Babs in your face, a big disgrace, spending money on tat all over the place.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was a ballet dancer that guy, if you look (well maybe not if he freaks you out still) at the way he moves around the frame you can see his dance training coming into it. I've always thought the Child Catcher being a ballerina makes him significantly less frightening. 😂
I saw a interview with the child cast and they said he was lovely on set, he would spend so much time with the kids playing with them so that they wouldn't be scared of him. It does make him less scarier but even as an adult that bit where he peers in the window still gets me!

P.S people of my age may remember this but it fricking traumatised me as a child, scary as duck and also the first book that made me absolutely bawl my eyes out.

51fV4VHA67L.jpg

(And Babs would die at my step dads terrible parenting, when I was 11 I was off school sick and my step dad had to look after me, first time I'd ever really spent time alone with him without my mum and brothers, we snuggled up on the sofa and watched a film. The Omen. No gateway horrors for me! Although it is one of my favourite films just for the core memory of snuggling up with him alone and bonding)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I think she seems pretty p*ssed off that Ste and the kids are having fun upstairs. She is such a jealous biatch 😕
She hates it when they do things together (remember her stomping off to her bedroom, giving them all the finger, because they were playing Minecraft and she didn't "get it"?). She's way to controlling to play with her kids, she can't just sit there and let them take the lead, so she constantly misses out!

You've just reminded me of another great film fact - so Chitty was written as a picture book by Ian Fleming, the same producers as Bond were used for Chitty, however as it was a picture book they had to extend it a bit for a 2 and a half hour film.
That whole story-line involving the Child Catcher was added in and written for the film by none other than Mr Roald Dahl... once you know it makes SO MUCH SENSE!

(Also I love The Witches, it's a straight horror film but a brilliant one at that)
I always thought the message in The Witches was so pertinent- that the scariest thing about them is they look like ordinary people. Apply to paedophile's, rapists, murderers etc. I remember using it to explain to my daughter that people that can harm you don't necessarily look like people who can harm you.

Last edited:
The child catcher still freaks me out now!! 🤣🤣 Honestly the actor is/was genius because he really does give you the creeps!

Reactions: 13
Ok I'm going to say one more thing about the most upsetting moment in a children's movie... Have y'all been living under a rock? 🤣🤣

👇👇👇

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok I'm going to say one more thing about the most upsetting moment in a children's movie... Have y'all been living under a rock? 🤣🤣

👇👇👇

Goodbye may seem forever ...farewell is like the end...

HOw was this a kids movie?! 😂🫣🥹

Reactions: 11
Why hasn’t anyone mentioned return to oz? I still can’t watch that oh and ET…

I don’t get why her family are all playing upstairs and she’s not joining in? Even if you just sit and watch it’s always fun! I adore it all the in house jokes and stupidity but then I’m a normal mum regular human something babs is not 😂

Reactions: 22
Why hasn’t anyone mentioned return to oz? I still can’t watch that oh and ET…
Oh god. The Wheelers. Horrifying.

And I've not been able to watch ET for years. I grew up watching it, and one day, when I was about 14, I watched it and the trauma of Elliot having to say goodbye to ET hit me. I cried for about 15 minutes. It gets me every time, so I haven't watched it in years. Then they did that bloody advert at Christmas where they were reunited 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My dad let me watch Salems lot when I was 9. For months I sellotaped my curtains down just in case my brother came for me😭😭

• Heart
  • Haha
it was the "wanna go tree. climbing Thomas J? he was gonna be an acrobat" moment of heartbreak in My Girl that destroyed me. 💔

and de-railing the topic slightly back to babs, she replied to a comment on FB saying that nanny joyce was born in the same year as the Queen - thus presumably justifying the way she cannot distinguish between the two and essentially perceived the Queen as her nan. utter bullshit. my own grandmother was born in the same year as the Queen, but died at age 80 when I was 18. not trying to make this all. about. ME - because obviously people lose their grandparents when they are far younger/never even meet them - but it's simply another example of babs flaunting her privilege and failing to realise how lucky she is that she had her grandmother in her life until she was in her 40s, and that her kids knew their great grandmother - not to mention the fact that her parents are both alive. there is absolutely no correlation between nanny joyce and Queen Elizabeth simply because they were both born in the same year. she's really grasping at straws to make the situation all about her. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How can you all have missed the most horrifying/upsetting childrens film of all time Watership Down?! Even now as a grown ass woman that film gives me both nightmares and reduces me to tears

• Sad
  • Heart
My dad let me watch Salems lot when I was 9. For months I sellotaped my curtains down just in case my brother came for me😭😭
My sister is 11 years older than me and by the time I was 10 she was putting her old copies of Stephen King books onto my bookcase, and our parents would visit our Nan every Sunday afternoon for a few hours so we were right down to the video shop once they’d gone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s “where are his glasses? He can’t see without his glasses” 😭😭💔💔😭😭 for me
aw, don't even get me started on heartbreaking My Girl quotes. i'm genuinely not exaggerating when I say that i know the entire script, word-for-word! 💔

as for babs, it seems incredibly ironic and very apt that she enjoyed pinocchio. probably watching it for tips... 🤥🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s back on Syfy at the moment if you have Sky or cable both episodes I’ve just watched them
I bloody loved that book and whilst the tv dramatisation leaves stuff out etc I still like it

Reactions: 8
it was the "wanna go tree. climbing Thomas J? he was gonna be an acrobat" moment of heartbreak in My Girl that destroyed me. 💔

and de-railing the topic slightly back to babs, she replied to a comment on FB saying that nanny joyce was born in the same year as the Queen - thus presumably justifying the way she cannot distinguish between the two and essentially perceived the Queen as her nan. utter bullshit. my own grandmother was born in the same year as the Queen, but died at age 80 when I was 18. not trying to make this all. about. ME - because obviously people lose their grandparents when they are far younger/never even meet them - but it's simply another example of babs flaunting her privilege and failing to realise how lucky she is that she had her grandmother in her life until she was in her 40s, and that her kids knew their great grandmother - not to mention the fact that her parents are both alive. there is absolutely no correlation between nanny joyce and Queen Elizabeth simply because they were both born in the same year. she's really grasping at straws to make the situation all about her. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
I thought about Babs the other night because I had the BBC radio on overnight and they were actually wanting people to ring in explaining how the Queen's death had brought back memories of when folk's own loved ones had passed away. They were encouraging folk to make the situation about them.. Not many of us have both sets of parents to send them a 70th birthday card, but we also don't have to do everything in the public eye that King Charles is having to do before his mother is even buried. The whole situation is very unusual and most of us can't relate to it.

• Sad
Oh god. The Wheelers. Horrifying.

And I've not been able to watch ET for years. I grew up watching it, and one day, when I was about 14, I watched it and the trauma of Elliot having to say goodbye to ET hit me. I cried for about 15 minutes. It gets me every time, so I haven't watched it in years. Then they did that bloody advert at Christmas where they were reunited 🥺
Oh god, return to OZ 😳 and princess Mombi with all those weird heads she'd swap about 🙈 my mum, god love her put that film on video tape (ah memories!) for me and my sister I must have only been 6/7.. she said "oh it's a twee film it's just like the Wizard of Oz"... Big error of judgement there bless her 🤣 mind you the original green witch was pretty scary!

Oh and anyone remember the land before time? Littlefoots mother dying after being bitten by the t-rex 😭💔

Oh god, return to OZ 😳 and princess Mombi with all those weird heads she'd swap about 🙈 my mum, god love her put that film on video tape (ah memories!) for me and my sister I must have only been 6/7.. she said "oh it's a twee film it's just like the Wizard of Oz"... Big error of judgement there bless her 🤣 mind you the original green witch was pretty scary!

Oh and anyone remember the land before time? Littlefoots mother dying after being bitten by the t-rex 😭💔
The wheelers terrified me too.

Land Before Time really made me cry. I watched it again a few years ago, still made me cry!

Wonder if Babs morning pit stories wI’ll join in with this reminiscing!

• Haha
The wheelers terrified me too.

Land Before Time really made me cry. I watched it again a few years ago, still made me cry!

Wonder if Babs morning pit stories wI’ll join in with this reminiscing!
Hahaha she'll be desperate to "When I tell you. The DMs I've had this weekend. About all the films that terrified you all as children"

Haha soz Babs, you can't sit with us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
How can you all have missed the most horrifying/upsetting childrens film of all time Watership Down?! Even now as a grown ass woman that film gives me both nightmares and reduces me to tears
I cant watch this and wouldn't let me children watch it, I was terrified for most of my childhood about this film and still can't watch it now.

Reactions: 10
Not been on this thread for ages so I'm sorry if this has been covered but are the mugs for mugs coming back this year? I can't see the brummy mugs IG page anymore 🤣🤣🤣
How she can carry on with this so called career. She might have been mummy blogger of the year 2017 or whatever she can't live off that forever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.