Brummy Mummy #120 Babs in your face, a big disgrace, spending money on tat all over the place.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bleeping LOVE behind the scenes info like this!
I read that on the imdb site - I love movie trivia 😍
Personally the child catcher always reminded me of white Michael Jackson 🤣 I wasn't scared of him personally but get why some children would be

I'm going to try and imagine that while he lures me into a cage with lollipops 😭
Babs and the child catcher have that in common - throwing sugar filled crap at kids to appease them! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I bleeping LOVE behind the scenes info like this!
Same, I know loads of random facts about actors and movies.

I'll give you another one, the guy who voiced Kaa in Jungle Book actually looks like the snake, and the Mad Hatter in the animated Alice in Wonderland was designed to look like Ed Wynn the voice actor. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
To be fair most Disney cartoons are bloody traumatic - or at least have parts that are. The wolves in Beauty and the Beast, the cave in Aladdin, Bambi’s mum, Mufasa, the little girl being kidnapped in the Rescuers, the first 10 minutes of Up, all of Coco….💔☔😭😭💔
The first 5 minutes of Finding Nemo
The scene in Encanto where Pedro dies
Toy Story 3

Probably all too violent for Babs' toddlers.

Reactions: 18

I'll give you another one, the guy who voiced Kaa in Jungle Book actually looks like the snake, and the Mad Hatter in the animated Alice in Wonderland was designed to look like Ed Wynn the voice actor. 😂
Ed wynn played uncle Albert in Mary Poppins.
Also I'm shocked the Es are still awake at 8.30 what's going on, not shocked that Emma is not spend the time with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

The most random thing I found out was the bloke who voiced Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda also played Lovejoy 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I must be a terrible parent - my son was totally obsessed with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when he was in infants school, I even took him to see the musical at the Palladium twice and again at Wolverhampton Grand. The child catcher never phased him.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The 3 "kids" are doing stuff together, but not in the lounge, presumably so the Bab-catcher can have further TV time. She's watched TWO films today, dipped into the news, heaven forbid her actually moving or actually parenting the kids...

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I find her “you might be wobbly with all this big news so take care of yourself” incredibly patronising

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Why does she seriously think people have no life/job/hobbies/friends/family/plans to get on with and that they're all as lazy as her!
"Eat snacks and take care of yourself" is her only contribution to the fact that The Queen has passed away and the country is in mourning!
She's such a thick lazy idiot!

• Heart
Wait until she finds out the funeral has been made a bank holiday meaning the kids will be off school. She'll have a meltdown.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sorry to quote myself but I thought of another one. Literally have never recovered from Homeward Bound 😭😭😭
My Girl was the ultimate heartbreaking movie I saw as a kid! and in terms of peril in kids' movies - the witches was totally horrifying! how that was deemed appropriate for children, i have absolutely no idea - the plot was typical Dahl, but the character in the movie was absolutely terrifying - even more so than than the child catcher! totally nightmare-inducing! and babs' eyeshadow inspiration, obvs! 🤣

witch-silence.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My Girl was the ultimate heartbreaking movie I saw as a kid! and in terms of peril in kids' movies - the witches was totally horrifying! how that was deemed appropriate for children, i have absolutely no idea - the plot was typical Dahl, but the character in the movie was absolutely terrifying - even more so than than the child catcher! totally nightmare-inducing! and babs' eyeshadow inspiration, obvs! 🤣

View attachment 1569585
I won’t watch The Witches 🤣 Scarred for life. And Willy Wonka is a weird old creep too 🤣
Honestly, kids of the 80s/90s had to survive a lot of trauma in the name of “entertainment”.

Sorry; gone a bit off topic. Babs - fuckity duck off-use the words “chitty chat” “walkity” or “gawjus” again and I will get in my car, drive however many hours it would take me to get to Brum from where I live and pull your “mug cupboard of dreams” straight off the wall!

*jokes - I have no idea where she lives 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think she seems pretty p*ssed off that Ste and the kids are having fun upstairs. She is such a jealous biatch 😕

babs has bought HER girl an alarm clock?! i'm definitely claiming a tingo or for that, after saying that erin should be perfectly able of taking responsibility to get herself up in time for school, without needing to rely on her mummy to wake her, and that I was using an alarm clock once I started middle school - at the age of nine - and had a bus to catch! tell us you read tattle without telling us you read tattle, babs! happily stealing basic parenting advice and taking full credit for them as her own ideas! and sure, she may not want the kids to develop independence, but if it allows her to fester in her pit and film stories for longer each morning, she's all for encouraging erin to set an alarm! #prioritiea👌🏻🙄

and ofc, babs has to take it one step further explaining that she specifically went out and bought erin an alarm clock, bragging that it's a proper fancy one from sainsbos that cost £8, because only the best for the golden child. erin has a mobile phone, which she could easily use as an alarm - but obviously babs will use any excuse to spend money unnecessarily. so not only did she spend £8 buying erin a purse, specifically to use at school, plus an expensive regarrrrrrta jacket, an umbrella, multiple pencil cases and an entire aisle of fancy stationery, she has now spent even more money on an alarm clock! good the duck for you babs and all your privilege, but again - read the room! 😡

guaranteed she will soon be filming a vlog sharing all her routine top tips, and claiming that she INVENTED alarm clocks. i will patiently await my next tingo....! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I won’t watch The Witches 🤣 Scarred for life. And Willy Wonka is a weird old creep too 🤣
Honestly, kids of the 80s/90s had to survive a lot of trauma in the name of “entertainment”.

Sorry; gone a bit off topic. Babs - fuckity duck off-use the words “chitty chat” “walkity” or “gawjus” again and I will get in my car, drive however many hours it would take me to get to Brum from where I live and pull your “mug cupboard of dreams” straight off the wall!

*jokes - I have no idea where she lives 🤣
Let me know if you want to know 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

View attachment 1569585
You've just reminded me of another great film fact - so Chitty was written as a picture book by Ian Fleming, the same producers as Bond were used for Chitty, however as it was a picture book they had to extend it a bit for a 2 and a half hour film.
That whole story-line involving the Child Catcher was added in and written for the film by none other than Mr Roald Dahl... once you know it makes SO MUCH SENSE!

(Also I love The Witches, it's a straight horror film but a brilliant one at that)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
a link to this post with advice about how to talk to children about the Queen's death was shared by a babette on babs' FB post - yet didn't even receive the standard "😘😘" response. likely because it advises that you do exactly the opposite to everything babs has done:

- use clear direct phrases like "dead/death/died", and avoid confusing references to a person having "gone to sleep" - which would also include babs' bullshit about living in the fluffy white clouds amongst the rainbows - or vague descriptions of "sad times". 🤦🏻‍♀️

- clearly explain the concept of death, and be open and honest - an explanation that death means a person's body has stopped working and they can't be brought to life because their brain has stopped thinking and their heart has stopped breathing and their lungs have stopped breathing etc, so they can no longer move and talk and think etc, as opposed to bullshit about people being "lost" or "asleep", which confused children, who may then believe that there will be a time when the person is found or wakes up.

- let them ask all the questions they need to and answer them honestly - be clear and open so they understand, and don't fill in the gaps using their imagination. if they ask a question you genuinely don't know the answer to, it's okay to tell them you don't know and will try and find out for them - but certainly not acting in an exasperated and dismissive way, rolling your eyes and grating your children as a nuisance for being curious, and then attempting to bribe them to be quiet with movies and snacks.

- let them know that their feelings and emotions - whatever they may be - are totally normal and natural. again, the total opposite of what babs is doing, encouraging the kids to comfort eat to dull any emotions of sadness or anger or anxiety or confusion, and encouraging them not to express or describe how they are feeling, unless it's a generic "i'm feeling wobbly". 🙄🙄

- if talking about death makes your child anxious and worried that people they love are going to die, reassure them - with words, not by shoving plastic tat and sugar in their hands, and distracting them with tv.

essentially, babs has failed to handle any aspect of the situation correctly or in a way that is age-appropriate for her children. it's an absolute joke the way she's shared endless stories about the "tiny hearts" or "small humans", giving the impression that she - teacher of RE - is a wealth of knowledge on the topic, even to the point that she will happily respond supprotively to any babettes messaging her fufil of grief and anxiety, when she refuses to even use the word "death", and her top tips are the absolute opposite of everything advised by grief charities - none of which recommend that you refuse to answer your children's questions or to watch comfort films under a manky blanket and overdose on sugar eating endless snacks as a solution. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.