Brummy Mummy #116 On the Ticky Tocky with her tacky Tiki

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way to make a child anxious is to project your anxiety onto them, which is what babs is doing poor Erin stand no chance. What is babs going to be like during other important events in Erins life when she start high school in September, puberty, GCSE's, boyfriend's babs is never going to let her deal with anything on her own is she.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Did everyone notice that she said she was hoarse this morning because she hadn't spoken yet? No early morning chatting in bed with PUS?! Shooketh I tell thee. How sad the first interaction she has is with her narcissistic self on her stories. Actually, that probably suits her down to the ground.

Reactions: 26
I don’t understand?
Don’t get me wrong you do worry about them - transition from primary to secondary is a big leap however just enjoy the season of life you are in. It goes so fast. Too fast.
I didn’t cry at leavers events - it is lovely to reflect back ans celebrate of course it is but you know what’s even better? Seeing your child becoming independent, making choices and turning into a responsible adult

• Heart
Reactions: 32
To be fair to her most primary schools use foam javelins - which are total crap to actually throw but much less dangerous than 8 year olds with spears 🤣
Ha! Yes, our son is at a SEN school and he came home one day saying they'd all done javelin. We were like, wtf, 70+ sen kids with a javelin (I was thinking of the H&S issue!) Anyway, turns out they were the foam ones 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Put simply. It's a day. Where Emma is meant to buy fruit. Usually a Wednesday #humpday (bit rude!)
But more often than not. Something comes up (not Steve!). So Emma cannot buy fruit. Despite saying she would buy fruit. So she buys sugar loaded food to compensate for the fruit, such as cherry bakewell tarts, because the cherry is a fruit and makes up for the fact that the fruit wasn't bought.

Did I just invent the word fruit??? 🤔
and to clarify - to avoid any confusion - fruit day is not a day where Emma. picks fruit. nor. is it a day where Emma eats solely fruit. it is simply a day when Emma intends to go to a shop and buy fruit, made into a huge drama so that on the few occasions that fruit day as actually gone ahead, she's managed to make it into a full-day event - simply buying fruit, that would take anyone else a few minutes to throw in their trolley - or invariably, fruit day will be cancelled as babs has far more pressing issues to attend to, like the manic hype of bidding on a dress on eBay, or being forced to spend the say with her phone glued to her trotter, all attention on deleting comments after that tit show of a BBC article where babs INVENTED a quote about bikini bodies. 🤦🏻‍♀️

also, the fresh fruit she purchases - except for the pre-sliced platters of melon and mango - are not for her or the kids. she buys them to feed the rats, as proved by her earlier stories. essentially, babs desperately tried to make "fruit say" into a thing, but it isn't a thing and i wish she'd stop trying to make fruit day happen. on the few days she has managed to get out to buy fruit, "fruit day" has seen used simply to justify babs going to B&M and Matalan, or stumbling straight to the treat aisle and ending up leaving the shop with jammie dodgers and all manner of sugary treats which contain jam, thus "fruit". 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t understand?
Don’t get me wrong you do worry about them - transition from primary to secondary is a big leap however just enjoy the season of life you are in. It goes so fast. Too fast.
I didn’t cry at leavers events - it is lovely to reflect back ans celebrate of course it is but you know what’s even better? Seeing your child becoming independent, making choices and turning into a responsible adult
This. I have a year 6, at the start of the year I thought I would be sad etc about her leaving, but what I realise now that I didn't realise last September is that she's not being chucked out of primary because she happens to be 11 now, but instead she is moving on because she has outgrown primary school.

These last few weeks have had me bursting with pride 😍

I really hope Emma's reaction is just hyperbole and that Erin has been allowed to become a bit more independent and grown up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Haven’t commented for ages but saw her in the wild todayShe’s becoming more unhinged. Those poor kids.

My eldest missed out on all the fun end of yr6 events as we were in lockdown at the time. I was (and still am) sad for him and his year-group peers because they all missed out on stuff they’d been looking forward to for a large part of their school lives - the chance to be ‘top dogs’ before moving to high school and becoming bottom of the food chain again - it was tit for them and my son still grumbles about it now.

I’ll probably always be a bit sad that I didn’t get to knowingly walk my son to school for the last time, but until now, the only person that’s ever known that was me (and my husband). My son certainly didn’t know, we were concentrating on making him feel ok/downplaying the lost events. Like any parent with half a brain would. I certainly didn’t make social media posts shouting ‘woe is me’.

I used to think she was just a bit thick but now I believe she’s actually cold and calculating. She really doesn’t give a tit that her kids (and their peers) will see everything she puts online and she still continues to post things that are very likely to damage them long term. Why don’t any of her family intervene? If that was my children’s other parent I’d be taking legal advice to protect their welfare.

Sorry for the rant - I’m perimenopausal, sleep deprived and was pushed over the edge by the sight of her in the street #notasize18 (knowing that I’ve seen more of her flesh than I have of my own friends).

Emma. Seriously. Get A Grip. I’m 43 and. I’m the me-est me that EVER. Me’d. Because I’m now a grown up. And I don’t need. Validation. from others. Hope, this. Helps. (Punctuation especially for you)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
So as much as I think all of this year 6 emotion is a bit much (but probably shouldn’t express that opinion until I’ve been through it next year, as my eldest finished year 5 today 🤣), if it’s how Babs feels then ok. Different people have different feelings about things. I didn’t mind when mine started school, other people I know did. Maybe Erin’s fine, maybe she’s nervous, maybe she’s mollycoddled, maybe she genuinely wants her mum. I don’t know. But what I do know is that it’s absolutely NON (as Babs would say) of my business. I do not need to know how a random 11 year old I have never met feels about leaving primary school. Why oh why can’t Babs, for once, just have something personal? Just keep her mouth shut? Just saying “ oh it’s a big change so crazy week here” is fine. You don’t need to share with thousands of strangers every reaction that your family may or may not be having to a big change. Have some respect for your daughter’s privacy FFS Babs, it’s bloody disgusting sharing so much.
Yesss this!!! You put it perfectly. I totally agree!

Reactions: 15
I have a 13 year old and a 12 year old so I see a lot of kids. We also do a ton of after school clubs again seeing a ton of kids.
I don’t think I’ve seen any that dress like Erin we also live on brum as well. Her dress sense is really far out there isn’t it. I thought it was either sports wear or tight dresses none of this 60’s stuff 😳

Reactions: 15
Did everyone notice that she said she was hoarse this morning because she hadn't spoken yet? No early morning chatting in bed with PUS?! Shooketh I tell thee. How sad the first interaction she has is with her narcissistic self on her stories. Actually, that probably suits her down to the ground.
That's truly sad isn't it? In every sense of the word.

Reactions: 13
Morning All. I am new to this thread having bounced here from another one. I can't for the life of me make out what this cretin is about ? How is she an influencer ? Why does she have so many followers ? She brings nothing new , interesting or relatable to the party. The face pulling , the 'fashion reels' , the freebies ? I just don't get it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don’t understand?
Totally agree, I only have one child and have tried to just enjoy all the phases (or grit my teeth and get through them) as I won't be doing any of it again. My daughters last day at primary was my last day working at the school (we relocated over the summer). We both had little cries that day, me in the staff room with my mum and her with her friends. It was a bit "end of an era", but we were more focused on what was coming! All the lovely things the schools do these days do tug at the heartstrings and you do worry about how they'll get on, but it IS the natural progression, one you know about from the minute they start! Daughter is currently yr 10 and what I wasn't prepared for was the little breakdown she had on the Yr 11s last "official" day- the realisation that it's her lot next and then it's into the world of college and part-time jobs etc hit her hard!

Reactions: 20
Haven't commented on the Grellow gunt for a while as I tend to dip in and out of her bullshit on the gram as she's very difficult to cope with. I've noticed she's changed and not for the better. Genuine question does she have a mental health problem? This is not normal behaviour or anything like normal behaviour. She's manic. She's over emotional. She's all over the place. She's even less concerned about the golden child's future as a bullying victim than she ever has been. She needs help. She is either medicated and its not working, drinking too much and we aren't seeing it or she is genuinely unwell. This is so far away from normal it's worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve never known it and I’ve been a KS2 teacher for 19 years 🤣 Have taught many a year 6 class and never had the parents at a leavers party, unless they were PTA volunteers. Teachers past and present, TAs, any school staff who want to come but not families! Maybe it’s a Brum thing - did Babs invent it when she was 11?!?🤣
Don’t you dare say it’s a Brum thing 😂😂 but I can imagine wet san at her leavers disco flashing her knickers like she did on stage 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Haven’t commented for ages but saw her in the wild todayShe’s becoming more unhinged. Those poor kids.

My eldest missed out on all the fun end of yr6 events as we were in lockdown at the time. I was (and still am) sad for him and his year-group peers because they all missed out on stuff they’d been looking forward to for a large part of their school lives - the chance to be ‘top dogs’ before moving to high school and becoming bottom of the food chain again - it was tit for them and my son still grumbles about it now.

I’ll probably always be a bit sad that I didn’t get to knowingly walk my son to school for the last time, but until now, the only person that’s ever known that was me (and my husband). My son certainly didn’t know, we were concentrating on making him feel ok/downplaying the lost events. Like any parent with half a brain would. I certainly didn’t make social media posts shouting ‘woe is me’.

I used to think she was just a bit thick but now I believe she’s actually cold and calculating. She really doesn’t give a tit that her kids (and their peers) will see everything she puts online and she still continues to post things that are very likely to damage them long term. Why don’t any of her family intervene? If that was my children’s other parent I’d be taking legal advice to protect their welfare.

Sorry for the rant - I’m perimenopausal, sleep deprived and was pushed over the edge by the sight of her in the street #notasize18 (knowing that I’ve seen more of her flesh than I have of my own friends).

Emma. Seriously. Get A Grip. I’m 43 and. I’m the me-est me that EVER. Me’d. Because I’m now a grown up. And I don’t need. Validation. from others. Hope, this. Helps. (Punctuation especially for you)
This. 👏 And you'd think E was leaving home or emigrating with all the OTT posts/stories, tears, sleeping together nonsense. Babs has got zero resilience and she's projecting that onto her kids. YOU'RE THE bleeping ADULT FFS!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why is going to top school being made out to be such a bad thing?
Where is the excitement? My eldest is moving up to Yr6 in September but we're already talking about what the future might hold. She's excited for her peers and having watched them experience the last few weeks of primary school, she can't wait for her turn!
Yeah it's a little unnerving for parents but bloody hell, why is she making out like she's going to war or something. Why is everything sad and misery-inducing?
She's clinging on to her so tightly I assume because she has nothing else in her life to replace her with once she's a full teenager.
Husband and her have nothing in common, not interested in her son, no hobbies, no social life, and talks to strangers online to fill a void.

As your kids grow you get the pleasure of being "you" again, you and your partner get to be more of a couple after years of parenting through the good and bad. She seems to have nothing waiting for her when her kids are grown up and no longer need her 247. (As much as she tries to make out that they do).

Reactions: 22
Did any one else see Katie Ellisons post yesterday about her leaver... She also wrote a poem but honestly it's just lovely... All about the child funnily enough not about their self absorbed mother!!
Yes! Saw this. So much nicer to read than Babs attempt.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.