Brummy Mummy #115 She's a Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Bat looking for a bit more plastic tat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If her kids are incapable of putting on their own sunscreen how do they top it up when at school?

(That's a passive aggressive question, the woman calls it sun tan lotion, there is no way she's applying it more than once a day)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In the Montessori we show and encourage the 3 year olds to reapply suncream. Obviously the back needs assistance but if a 3 year old can be taught how to apply it on the face, neck, arms and legs the a 9 year old and 11 year old should be well capable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In the Montessori we show and encourage the 3 year olds to reapply suncream. Obviously the back needs assistance but if a 3 year old can be taught how to apply it on the face, neck, arms and legs the a 9 year old and 11 year old should be well capable.
My kids nursery asked that they be able to apply their own cream from the 3yr old room stage, so I ordered a refillable ball dispenser with a built in sponge. They're designed for little kids so obvs too old for them now, but boots do a small roller ball version (which is shite value for money so they keep one in their bags and use a big bottle at home) my 7 year old loves doing it himself, and my 11 year old has no choice because ya know, she's 11, and perfectly capable.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My 4 year old wants to apply her own. She's an independent little madam and insists on doing it herself. The fact a 9 and 11 year old don't or aren't allowed to is shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It boggles my mind that they're not allowed to do such a simple thing as put on sun cream, an act of self care for their health.
Also that they have to ask for snack or drinks at their age, I've never in my life known anyone who had to ask permission for a snack, it's shocking to me.

Erin won't know what's hit her in the next few months, Babs will be public enemy number one if she keeps this tit up.

Reactions: 24
I’ve missed loads.

But I just wanted to say I’m sick of this “just wear the bikini” or “every body is a bikini body” bullshit.

It’s like a sort of reverse fat shaming and I am sick to death of it.

I didn’t want to wear a bikini or a swimsuit when I was a size 22 and I still don’t at a size 16 - because I would look like a sack of tit and that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Why is it so bad to say that? I don’t like my body the way it is. I am too big, I don’t want to wear something that show it off. Why isn’t that okay to say? I couldn’t give a tit about what anyone else wears at what size.

It’s everywhere. My SIL started on me yesterday - “wear a bikini!” No! I don’t want to!

Christ. it’s all these bloody influencers talk about.

It’s okay to not want to feel uncomfortable and it’s okay to be fat (and working on it) and not like how your body looks. I don’t understand how that became an unacceptable concept.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Removing best before dates just How.will.she.cope 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve missed loads.

But I just wanted to say I’m sick of this “just wear the bikini” or “every body is a bikini body” bullshit.

I didn’t want to wear a bikini or a swimsuit when I was a size 22 and I still don’t at a size 16 - because I would look like a sack of tit and that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Why is it so bad to say that? I don’t like my body the way it is. I am too big, I don’t want to wear something that show it off. Why isn’t that okay to say? I couldn’t give a tit about what anyone else wears at what size.

It’s everywhere. My SIL started on me yesterday - “wear a bikini!” No! I don’t want to!

It’s okay to not want to feel uncomfortable and it’s okay to be fat (and working on it) and not like how your body looks. I don’t understand how that became an unacceptable concept.
Same! I'm a size 10-12 (my arse is the 12) and I don't feel comfortable in a bikini. It's personal preference and people should just respect that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve missed loads.

I'm overweight, always have been, and realise I have lots of food issues, which I'm working on! I agree that everyone has a right to feel and acknowledge their own feelings and choices.
The reason I chose not to wear a bikini and would cover up when on the beach was due to the awkward stares and snide remarks I may get from strangers around me. I decided a few years ago that I was not going to cover up and I would wear a swimsuit, and yes, I have worn a bikini. I figured life is too short to worry if a stranger thinks I'm a beached whale, and I want to make lovely memories with the kids in my life, splashing and playing in the pool/sea. That's my choice.
I agree that plus size influencers shouldn't be promoting being overweight, stuffing their faces with sweets and cocktails! My point is, you do you, and do whatever makes you comfortable! And influencers need to get lost! They only influence each other to do the same thing as the person before them! Sad really! And I certainly don't want to see pictures on Instagram of people in their underwear! There's just no need! x

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I'm overweight, always have been, and realise I have lots of food issues, which I'm working on! I agree that everyone has a right to feel and acknowledge their own feelings and choices.
The reason I chose not to wear a bikini and would cover up when on the beach was due to the awkward stares and snide remarks I may get from strangers around me. I decided a few years ago that I was not going to cover up and I would wear a swimsuit, and yes, I have worn a bikini. I figured life is too short to worry if a stranger thinks I'm a beached whale, and I want to make lovely memories with the kids in my life, splashing and playing in the pool/sea. That's my choice.
I agree that plus size influencers shouldn't be promoting being overweight, stuffing their faces with sweets and cocktails! And I certainly don't want to see pictures on Instagram of people in their underwear! There's just no need! x
And that’s fantastic for you! We should all be able to make our own choices about what we wear.

It’s the constant message of what we SHOULD be doing that gets me down. We should be wearing a bikini to make the most of life. That’s what gets me down. The assumption that I am not making the most of my life for the sake of what I am wearing.

For me, it’s not what other people would say or if they would look. That’s never even a thought for me because I genuinely never even register what other people wear. I am so wrapped up in my own problems that I never notice, and I honestly think most other people are the same way.

It’s how I feel. I wouldn’t feel comfortable. Not because of other peoples perceptions but because of how I feel about my body. I don’t like the way I’ve let myself look so I am continuing to do something about it. Wearing a bikini would make me feel worse about it, so I chose not to.

My SIL was off on one yesterday which made me annoyed about the whole thing. Telling me it was a shame that I wasn’t enjoying my time at a splash park with my toddler - becuase I didn’t want to wear swim wear.

In fact, I was having a perfectly lovely time in a t shirt dress, getting splashed and wet, I didn’t care. What I was wearing was an after thought, but it was obviously a problem for her.

ETA it started to piss my husband off too. He ended up saying to his sister “i’m in a t shirt and shorts, why aren’t you looking sad and telling me I am not having fun because i’m not wearing speedos?” 😂😂😂

In any case, Emma parading round in ill fitting swimwear will never make me change my mind 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Same! I'm a size 10-12 (my arse is the 12) and I don't feel comfortable in a bikini. It's personal preference and people should just respect that.
Exactly I am a size 10 but don't feel very body confident so don't even show my arms off let alone my body!

Reactions: 16
I am just catching up but what I would like to know is who told her she had a cracking rack!? They are sagging round by her belly, and the reason they are the size they are is because she’s over weight, not exactly something to be proud of, hope she enjoys suffering with back pain in a few years as that’s all the cracking rack will bring unless she loses weight. Especially with all the ill fitted clothes she wears.

Reactions: 19
Probably some dirty, desperate, slimeball at the end of a night when everyone else had pulled and she’s the best shot he’s got…

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I agree I am fairly ok with my body I work out and eat right but I have had 2 children and I am 40 years old- I prefer a swimming costume and a pair of shorts on the beach and the narrative does seem to be you are not body positive unless it’s all hanging out in a bikini.

Reactions: 19
I’m overweight and feel more comfy in a one piece swimsuit with some support ( and tummy tamer bit!!) but on holiday in Cyprus last summer we had a private villa with a pool and I wore a bikini then but only cos it was just my family there -wouldn’t feel comfy elsewhere thanks Emma-and that’s FINE! I don’t NEED to wear a bikini thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't even remember seeing Babs wearing a bikini outside of her bedroom reels or her garden, she breaks her own narrative! She posed on the Butlins balcony, Cheltenham water park and on her holidays but they were a mini mouse full cover up number with a skirt bit, the hideous animal print one that gave zero support and was too small, or the black m&s one, from what I remember?! 🤔 not a size 18, not body confident.

Reactions: 14
Why is she insisting on calling it a ‘Tiki Room’?? It’s a bar in the back garden ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️ 🙄😤

Fred Flinstone called - he wants his feet and his boulder holder back Babs...
Brilliant 👏😂. Babs Flinstone is the perfect name for her 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.