Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally came on here to say this haha! It is very out of place…
The way she tried to justify why she was invited and paid to promote the new Mini is beyond ridiculous as it implies she’s a sustainibility or industrial design expert. This shows how much BB lacks self awareness!

Reactions: 8
The way she tried to justify why she was invited and paid to promote the new Mini is beyond ridiculous as it implies she’s a sustainibility or industrial design expert. This shows how much BB lacks self awareness!
It is kind of hard to be self aware when there’s companies paying you for this bullshit.

Reactions: 6
she's learning to drive or is going to so my guess is BB is hoping, if she shares the press day, they'll see how many engagement she gets and they'll loan her a car (like Lizzy got).

Reactions: 2
I think her new profile picture (or whatever it’s called) is ridiculous, and I’d rather watch paint dry than see any more of her ‘outfits’. I need more Dean ASAP!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
she's learning to drive or is going to so my guess is BB is hoping, if she shares the press day, they'll see how many engagement she gets and they'll loan her a car (like Lizzy got).
I thought the same, it’s all because she is learning to drive and hoping for some sort of perks when she has the license. Wonder is she would even buy a car like this herself!

Reactions: 1
Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 13-26-54 Brittany Bathgate ( brittanybathgate) • Photos et vidéos Ins...png

Someone woke up in a bad mood...She herself acknowledged that we might wonder why she would be doing an ad for a car when she doesn't even know how to drive. Also the lack of self awareness,please, the only activity she shows is buying clothes and she has done plenty of branded content for fast fashion brands or brands that are not sustainable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
View attachment 713589

Someone woke up in a bad mood...She herself acknowledged that we might wonder why she would be doing an ad for a car when she doesn't even know how to drive. Also the lack of self awareness,please, the only activity she shows is buying clothes and she has done plenty of branded content for fast fashion brands or brands that are not sustainable.
She is such a melt, renovating a camper van and actually having a car and being able to drive it are totally different things. Anyone who has ever bought a car has done their research looked at insurance, tax, how economical it is, the space inside, comfort levels, boot capacity etc and she is the last person to be advertising a vehicle! Maybe she should stick to clothes instead of pretending to be some motor expert, being interested in the aesthetics of a car doesn’t make you an expert and why should anyone care what bb has to say about a car, when she doesn’t even drive or own a vehicle of her own🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Not to mention, she still shills us fast fashion...we still remember the warehouse ad Brittany, funny that !!!!

Reactions: 9
When have we seen her promote Paul Smith? I don't remember a time. When have we seen her talk about Arket, Warehouse, COS? And in the not so distant past (last year) - H&M, Nike, Zara And Other Stories...ermmm...hundreds?

She doesn't drive, she isn't at all worried about sustainability, she knows nothing about actual fashion design (remember all those, I'm not sure what this is, what this is called, what this means statements about things like pleating or fashioning on sweaters, her mispronunciations), she constantly, wastefully and ostentatiously consumes.

So, yeah, weird.

Well maybe not weird for her - we've come to expect her shilling for people for SELF BENEFIT. That's not the same as for the altruistic greater good BB- just admit it. It's the same sort of attempted greenwashing of her content as one of her main shills, H&M (owner Arket, COS, And Other Stories).

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She is such a melt, renovating a camper van and actually having a car and being able to drive it are totally different things. Anyone who has ever bought a car has done their research looked at insurance, tax, how economical it is, the space inside, comfort levels, boot capacity etc and she is the last person to be advertising a vehicle! Maybe she should stick to clothes instead of pretending to be some motor expert, being interested in the aesthetics of a car doesn’t make you an expert and why should anyone care what bb has to say about a car, when she doesn’t even drive or own a vehicle of her own🤣🤣
Also SHE is not renovating the bloody camper is she, her very clever bf who IMO deserves all the views likes and sponsorship is doing it! That guy has talent and style, wtf he is doing with a moaning minnie like BB I have no idea, he should have got out while he could !

Reactions: 6
Also SHE is not renovating the bloody camper is she, her very clever bf who IMO deserves all the views likes and sponsorship is doing it! That guy has talent and style, wtf he is doing with a moaning minnie like BB I have no idea, he should have got out while he could !
Although I do agree with the camper van renovation being done by Dean, just like most creative things in their life together, I don’t find Dean to be so much better than BB. Unpopular opinion - I don’t find him attractive at all, he has some of BB’s smugness and his sense of humour or lack of it is well aligned with that of ‘Brit’.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Although I do agree with the camper van renovation being done by Dean, just like most creative things in their life together, I don’t find Dean to be so much better than BB. Unpopular opinion - I don’t find him attractive at all, he has some of BB’s smugness and his sense of humour or lack of it is well aligned with that of ‘Brit’.
Oh, how do you find him to be smug? I follow him on Instagram and find him great, but I stopped watching BB’s vlogs so maybe I’m missing something

Reactions: 2
I watched her careers video, and I feel like it makes their relationship make sense a bit more, and why Dean manages with how annoying BB is to us. It sounded like as a couple they’ve found random ways to make money to fuel whatever they’re doing, and her influencer life just haphazardly happened and pays well. So I can see why he supports her annoying tendencies and does the influencer boyfriend thing. I don’t find him smug, but nor do I find him incredibly more interesting than she is.

Reactions: 3
This is going completely off current topic but it's something I wondered if anyone else had picked up on too... The camper van/coffee table vlog where she sits down and makes a point of holding the bowl of porridge up (and then ends up saying how disgusting it is when people talk when they eat, or something similar). My first thought was "never seen that bowl before..." (And then my second was why bother vlogging while you're eating if you think it's so disgusting etc). Anyway, it crossed my mind that maybe she had been gifted the bowl/a whole dinner set in return for featuring it in a post somehow? And then the set is identical to the one Lizzy hadfield had in the dinner party photos with the now infamous photos of Lindsay Holland with no skirt on, and then lo and behold the company/dinner set pops up in an ad on my Instagram feed the other day. So I'm just wondering how much stuff these influencers are "influencing" us with that they aren't declaring as paid ads or partnerships etc? It just seems to uncanny that two people would choose exactly the same serveware within a few weeks of each other

Reactions: 11
This is going completely off current topic but it's something I wondered if anyone else had picked up on too... The camper van/coffee table vlog where she sits down and makes a point of holding the bowl of porridge up (and then ends up saying how disgusting it is when people talk when they eat, or something similar). My first thought was "never seen that bowl before..." (And then my second was why bother vlogging while you're eating if you think it's so disgusting etc). Anyway, it crossed my mind that maybe she had been gifted the bowl/a whole dinner set in return for featuring it in a post somehow? And then the set is identical to the one Lizzy hadfield had in the dinner party photos with the now infamous photos of Lindsay Holland with no skirt on, and then lo and behold the company/dinner set pops up in an ad on my Instagram feed the other day. So I'm just wondering how much stuff these influencers are "influencing" us with that they aren't declaring as paid ads or partnerships etc? It just seems to uncanny that two people would choose exactly the same serveware within a few weeks of each other
this could be a way of getting round the law? if they don't mention something in a vlog, do they have to declare that it's an ad? I doubt it because most of the contents of these influencers' houses are full of gifted PR items. they're not going to mention every single thing they've been gifted. they don't even do it when they're talking about something, they're not going to do it when they hold something on camera.

I think you're right. Probably a gift set that the brand didn'#t want to pay her to mention so BB said she'd feature it on camera for free if they gifted it to her.

Also SHE is not renovating the bloody camper is she, her very clever bf who IMO deserves all the views likes and sponsorship is doing it!
Yes, she could at least say "we". The royal "we" that is. She is renovating the camper van as much as I was renovating our house in primary school when my dad asked me to hold something for a second while he hammered.

Even if she was - this somehow makes her at all knowledgeable about car design and sustainability? LOL.

I don't find him very attractive either (he is, for me, a "nice guy" - ha! - kiss of death for passion) and feel they are a matched set. I don't think he's as bad as BB but his codependency makes him seem spineless and adrift. He seems to care about stuff that doesn't matter much too - style over substance - although I do think he has more substance than her because he does actually do stuff and this makes him more interesting. Like BB he appears to have cribbed his style from others - sort of a Keith Haring/ David Hockney hybrid with a little Jarvis thrown in. But he is definitely more creative than her.

That said, I don't find his art to be progressing. He works a lot from photographs and it is a bit overwrought yet static even if messy, it's not messy in a dynamic, confident way (also likely unpopular opinion). He needs more outside studio visits/ critique maybe? It could improve, I'm not saying he's devoid of all talent. Far from it, just that it seems stagnant and still "art school" to me. Which makes sense as he probably doesn't have enough time to devote to it. The fact that he is engaging in it and the renovation (all his idea I reckon) and his work which gets him out and doing and is quite physical has to be mentally much healthier.

I sincerely hope he doesn't get into influencing etc. Even though it would be good content initially, I think he will remain interesting and well rounded only if he doesn't get into that world more than he already is as BB's partner. I feel like it sucks folks into a vortex of consumption and emptiness. I wish it didn't and they remained in the honeymoon sweet spot before they get an agent and partnerships (when they are more themselves) but it doesn't seem like many of them do stay grounded.

Speaking of style over substance I hope they were sensible enough to get the chassis on that camper checked. Renaults are renowned for having rust through out and that thing is old and has gone through many British rainy spells. No good renovating it if it is a rust bucket under the surface.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I came across this profile on YT, i genuinely thought it was BB :sleep:
1629201286661.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.