Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not that I've watched many of her vlogs of late (fortunately you all have saved me from that waste of time), but I'll throw in my two cents about her insufferable obsession over trivial things. I find that when I'm in a period of unhappiness, creative unfulfillment, or general ennui in life, my avoidant behavior kicks into overdrive and I will find something to obsess over. Usually, it's online shopping, where I have to hunt down THE perfect blazer or THAT shoe that I saw on Pinterest ages ago. Or I'll spend an inordinate amount of time on Tattle, obsessing over other peoples' lives. It's kind of a low-level madness, my brain's way of filling a void. Then I snap right out of it when something truly important happens like seeing loved ones, starting a fun project, or dealing with an actual crisis. Maybe after the stress of the past year, her "separation" with Dean, and living by herself, she's descended into this mental place where she overthinks stupid tit more than normal. I mean, worrying about pant creases at 2 am?! That's beyond the pale, even for a "normal" perfectionist. Getting a coworking space seems like a step in the right direction if she has the discipline to actually work within a given time frame. Otherwise, she'll just find herself just mindlessly shopping online, scrolling through social media, and doing duck-all during "office hours", which she can obviously do at home.
Agree with everything and this is such a good point. I do this avoidant tit too. Maybe that's what this thread is as well come to think of it. LOL. Obviously not as bad as the creases thing. Universal opinion here seems to be that was beyond beyond. I do think her separation with Dean has led to a disintegration of routine that has had negative consequences for her mentally. What a shame, because when she first told us about the separation part of her reason for it was "to work on my mental health". If she can keep to a schedule (which will require discipline as you say) this might very well go some ways to keeping her more on the level. I know for me it would + the interactions with others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Honestly, you're all too nice. She just reminds me of every other boring, lazy, rich person who has so much spare time on their hands that one minuscule thing can take up a whole day or two.

Like you all said, these errands are something that a normal person would fit in between 5 and 6pm after work and before the gym or making dinner or seeing friends!

I used to find her peaceful but I don't even have YouTube anymore (I just catch up on here lol) because watching people flounce about getting richer and richer as they do the bare minimum was getting super painful. It's definitely a personal thing because I'm tied to a computer 9 hours a day getting severely underpaid by a billion dollar company (🙄) but I just want to scream: read the room!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Honestly, you're all too nice. She just reminds me of every other boring, lazy, rich person who has so much spare time on their hands that one minuscule thing can take up a whole day or two.

Like you all said, these errands are something that a normal person would fit in between 5 and 6pm after work and before the gym or making dinner or seeing friends!

I used to find her peaceful but I don't even have YouTube anymore (I just catch up on here lol) because watching people flounce about getting richer and richer as they do the bare minimum was getting super painful. It's definitely a personal thing because I'm tied to a computer 9 hours a day getting severely underpaid by a billion dollar company (🙄) but I just want to scream: read the room!
Yes to this! Especially the last sentence.

Again, I look back on her videos before she moved out and life just seemed fuller. Was it all down to that green wall? A green screen? Green washing of the content? On a roll now hahaha.

But yeah, I would love to see her do some actual work. Or find a lane and own it because she's out of interesting things to talk about. She mentioned her next video was going to be about living alone. I have spent 98% of adulthood living alone, but I have many friends who have not and are in her situation too: still with the person they met at 18. This next video is either going to be insightful and interesting or some basic living alone things that ... are going to garner a big eyeroll.

Reactions: 7
I think at some point we just need to accept that "influencers" do not have to deal with the same practicalities and lifestyle that the general public are faced with. They are useful for entertainment, and personally I enjoy her "aesthetic" but yes, for most people even that is unachievable, as most people do not get furniture, clothing etc gifted and have to save up for what are a quite hefty purchases. Nor do most people afford to move out of a shared home on a "trial" basis, and rent a gorgeous flat, filled with gorgeous designer furniture when doing a sales based job that mostly revolves around captivating an audience with instagram pics of your everyday life, or product shots, as opposed to tedious time consuming everyday jobs. It's like Lucy Moon's financial advice video, and the amount of disposable income she has to put in all these "pots" alongside saving for a deposit and paying extortionate London living costs... completely unrelatable to the majority of people who have very little to save at the end of the month, despite doing jobs that are actually beneficial to the running of society.

I stopped watching Madeleine Olivia after she bought her second home to renovate, her videos are just smug and of touch these days and completely downplays the privilege of "coming into money". Ditto Anna Edit and her lying to her audience about basically everything these days, to try and appear "relatable" before "revealing" that they've bought a massive house of the back of viewers at home "swiping up" and clicking those affiliate links. For a lot of big youtubers, the "gains" are completely one sided, I just think of all the women who have spent thousands buying all of Caroline Hiron's recommendations without it providing any real benefit to their lives, including getting into debt and damaging their skin (as has been cross posted on here). So we make our choices. do the youtubers we watch actually provide entertainment, education or inspiration in despite of the unrelatability, for me I enjoy her content. I appreciate that her channel is still female-led, in an environment becoming ever more dominated by male partners, and I enjoy her style, and the everyday pottering around content.

Other's don't, but i think at the end of the day, it is what it is, everyone gets gifted the same furniture, the same outfits, but I don't feel she is being smug, showing off or being performative like others I have unsubscribed from.
I totally agree with you. She's one of the better one's out of most influencers that we are bombarded with. I enjoy her aesthetic and have to admit her editing. Yes she can drone on a bit but as you say she is not aggressively smug as the others - Yet I say 'under my breath' or maybe she is and I have not been privy to it. I wouldn't say I am 'influenced' by her but do enjoy watching a few random vlogs of hers.

Ana Edit and shot from the street on the other hand. You hit the nail on the head with Ana Edit. God does she grate on me. It's all just false and i hate that people buy into her bullshit.
Regarding Lizzy Hadfeld, I have gone off her massively. She isn't relatable and in all honesty you can tell she doesn't give a tit about her audience anymore. Minimal effort and I find her the smuggest of them all. Her style seems to have gone downhill to not sure what market she is aiming for.
And for that tattoo, just doesn't suit her. but hey who I'm I to bang on about it.

I

Hey guys! I dined know they used to be engaged (photo ftom Dean’s IG)
I don't ever remember her mentioning this in her vlog. How do you go from engaged to "separated" in 6 months?

Unrelated note, who brings a mug of tea to beach, I know we're British but this is just too much

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't ever remember her mentioning this in her vlog. How do you go from engaged to "separated" in 6 months?

Unrelated note, who brings a mug of tea to beach, I know we're British but this is just too much
It’s an old photo from 2015. I’ve never saw her wearing her engagement ring though or mention anything about being engaged. Maybe she just wanted to keep it private...

HAHAHAHAHHA This is the funniest

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Interesting, I had no idea they were engaged. That engagement ring... we would have noticed it. My thought is, when did she stop wearing it? Did she change it for a different ring? Weird.

I looked back through his account and looks like by 2017/18 she's no longer wearing it? Weird and sad.

Reactions: 1
I totally agree with you. She's one of the better one's out of most influencers that we are bombarded with. I enjoy her aesthetic and have to admit her editing. Yes she can drone on a bit but as you say she is not aggressively smug as the others - Yet I say 'under my breath' or maybe she is and I have not been privy to it. I wouldn't say I am 'influenced' by her but do enjoy watching a few random vlogs of hers.

Ana Edit and shot from the street on the other hand. You hit the nail on the head with Ana Edit. God does she grate on me. It's all just false and i hate that people buy into her bullshit.
Regarding Lizzy Hadfeld, I have gone off her massively. She isn't relatable and in all honesty you can tell she doesn't give a tit about her audience anymore. Minimal effort and I find her the smuggest of them all. Her style seems to have gone downhill to not sure what market she is aiming for.
And for that tattoo, just doesn't suit her. but hey who I'm I to bang on about it.

I
Sorry deleted my post, as it seemed a bit of a minority opinion ha!. Someone said the tattoo is very alike Carl Barat's "Libertine" one, which doesn't really seem to fit in with the current neutral, minimal aesthetic but hey ho, maybe it has sentimental reasons. But it seems a lot of similar youtubers have "grown out" of that type of body modification now.... it's all about multiple hoop earrings lol. Oh goodness, Anna and her constant giggling and patting herself on the back for "fooling" her audience... dear me!

Reactions: 3
Major giggles. I am a massive tea addict beyond even other Brits. That's me for sure. On a beach in ol' Blighty I feel it's forgivable b/c you are probably freezing cold and it's about to rain and the tide's coming in. You need the tea sustenance (it cures everything). But this is probs in Oz if it's her. Yes, I just made it bigger - Byron Bay - of course it's Byron Bay land of luxe trendy Gywneth Paltrow types who talk about your "energy" (I lived in Melbourne for 3 years so know Australia a bit).

On another note as far as her being the best out of a variety of influencers yeah I guess, but that's a bloody low bar. I mean, it's practically on the floor no? ground level :ROFLMAO:

I think critique (bit pretentious - lol) or commentary, let's say, is valuable and is not the same as just complaint. People here where I live sometimes are overly polite about things. Like they go to a play and wax lyrical about how fantastic so so good excellent, blah blah blah. But I grew up with let's just say "less easily pleased" folks who you ask "how was the play?" and they say "fine, there was a character that was a bit anachronistic, lighting wrong". And that's a bit of a downer but they are most often spot on. And if they say they really like something it means something.

Particularly here in the States everything is "amazing" (ugh that word). Is it though? Is it amazing? Are you going to do a standing ovation AGAIN? LOL.

The problem as I see it with the bog standard influencer is they really don't know about fashion beyond what works for them, what is trendy, what is expensive, what has prestige. They basically all talk about high low, mixing expensive pieces with affordable, cliche after cliche. Brittany doesn't do that so much at least. I guess that's part of what's appealing. And she's not squeaky or up talky or you know really annoyingly stupid.

Though she does have expensive clothes she's also not so rich that it's completely unattainable. Her style can be achieved with dupe (another hated word), I mean similar vintage pieces - actually her style improves and gets more creative that way. I love watching French vogue videos but those are of models who are gorgeous and or extremely wealthy and yes, I can be inspired, but I don't feel like I can achieve that or do it better. Not that I dress like her, but I do get some inspiration from some of her pieces. For sure.

I feel that Brittany does have personal style and many attribute knowledge to that. That's not true but could be if she put in a tad more effort. She has lost the plot lately and strayed quite far off track. She will need to up her game, commitment level and knowledge and recalibrate if she wants to maintain the base of fans she has, some will be die hard but influencing is the epitome of fickle and precarious.

Obviously I started watching her for a reason though I'm starting to forget that now, honestly. Why do I still watch? I don't know. I think it's kind of like waiting for the bus. As soon as I stop waiting I feel like oh of course it shows up. Maybe she'll pivot and go back to being interesting/ or, even meet her potential. Her life has been in transition and now she's moving into the studio, maybe she will get better. Maybe someone will be able to whistle her back into the herd formation!

Speaking of herding dogs - that's another thing I just realized - I can't imagine her with an animal. That's bad news for me being able to relate. Oh dear. Maybe she needs one? But then it will be like whatsherbutt Lizzy with the overly emphasized scouser (or is it mancunian?) accent :rolleyes:with Luigi. I love accents from the North normally. My dad's a Geordie but I can tell she likes to be different so she lays on certain words a bit thick for effect.

And yes, she (BB) is better than Anna Edit et al. Christ that tit is awful. So BB should can happy with knowing she is not at quite the nadir. Hahahaha. There you are you see! I can be positive ;). The fact that I'm speaking about Brittany at all even if to kvetch about how dead boring she's become is a compliment. Hahahahaha. No really, do I think a lot of myself or what? I kind of do and I don't at the same time is the answer to that 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
I just watched BB's latest vlog and oh my bleeping god it's so contrived. It feels like a desparate attempt to show her viewers that "look! everything's great! my relationship hasn't failed! I'm still stylish! I'm happy!" there's so much posturing and pretense.

no BB, it's actually really sad that you're spending your birthday with your ex who you're still bleeping because even you can't bear to spend time by yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
😂 LMAO that bathtub moment is so cringe. LMAO, is like Lizzy, Lindsey and Brittany are in a competition to win the Queen of Cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel that one of life's greatest disappointments that we've been fooled into believing is nice is reading a book in a hot bath. Has anyone ever done this? First, it takes ages to fill the tub. Then there's the torturous wincing moment of easing your feet and tender bits into boiling hot water. After you're submerged, it's nice for about five minutes before it starts cooling down and you wonder how anyone gets any enjoyment out of it. Give me a hot tub any day over a bath.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I feel that one of life's greatest disappointments that we've been fooled into believing is nice is reading a book in a hot bath. Has anyone ever done this? First, it takes ages to fill the tub. Then there's the torturous wincing moment of easing your feet and tender bits into boiling hot water. After you're submerged, it's nice for about five minutes before it starts cooling down and you wonder how anyone gets any enjoyment out of it. Give me a hot tub any day over a bath.
And if the water is too hot your face starts sweating. And there is no way to hold the book for longer than 5 minutes without dropping it or your arms going numb 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And if the water is too hot your face starts sweating. And there is no way to hold the book for longer than 5 minutes without dropping it or your arms going numb 😂
Excellent points, heartily agree. Anytime someone mentions reading in the bath, this is the image that pops into my head:

1621024338202.png

• Haha
  • Sad
it becomes obvious someone has a boring af life when their vlogs are more interesting in a lockdown than out of one! BB is realising her life outside of lockdown is very empty!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.